Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, let me rephrase the question. Is Little Rosie still able to win 99 % of early game fights single-handedly?

The NPC's are exploits you can use if the game is too hard for you.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The GOG release should bring you some good shekels, Cleve. Especially now that nobody can whine about the manual anymore...

Last edited:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, let me rephrase the question. Is Little Rosie still able to win 99 % of early game fights single-handedly?

The NPC's are exploits you can use if the game is too hard for you.

Having Rosie made combat a non feature, no more than a loading screen.

But are we really pretending Grimoire's balance during release (aside from a few charming quirks like Rosie) was fine?? Best weapons were bare fists (or claws) that did 3x the damage compared to most weapons, even dedicated fighters missed 80% of the time, enemies ranged from utterly pointlessly easy to next to impossible without grinding (or "Rosie boost") within the same map etc.

I'm not Sawyerian when it comes to balancing everything, but there is only one word to accurately describe this kind of game balance. Broken.

This is why I'd like to hear more details about the changes made to game balance since the original release before buying the game.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I want the GOG release so I can finally play this masterpiece but I'm also apprehensive about it because I know that this game will consume my life.

PEACH

Arbiter
ss_0f487b6b17c9a484fc717fb245f04668bbd93300.1920x1080.jpg

Just a heads up, you can swap to this in the settings :bounce:

Efe

Erudite
cleve it was running great, tried to set the game to windowed and relaunched it and now its a black screen but main menu sound plays normally.
I'd like to be able to switch tabs while fullscreen or play it windowed
which settings would give me what i want?

Set to WINDOWED at default resolution 1024x768.
how do i change resolution? it just cycles between 1920*1080 32/16
setting system 1024 768 i still dont see any other resolutions and half of the gamescreen is missing
set to windowed, then set system to 1024 is still black screenn :(
can someone put a config file with lower resolution set

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Best weapons were bare fists (or claws) that did 3x the damage compared to most weapons, even dedicated fighters missed 80% of the time, enemies ranged from utterly pointlessly easy to next to impossible without grinding (or "Rosie boost") within the same map etc.

That's an old-school blobber for you - you either git gud or you die trying. And again, for those who cannot handle that, there is Rosy. As to fighters missing, simply keep your stamina levels up, especially in the beginning.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Why would you stupid fucks buy it twice?

You do know you can just ZIP the Steam Grimoire folder and unzip it on another machine. There is no DRM whatsoever.

smh

Zep--

Efe

Erudite
im sorry zep, you can hate him all you want. you can even be justified in doing so.
but if you are pirating a game by a fellow codexer without feeling any guilt about it then you are part of a great decline.

Deleted Member 16721

Thanks Cleveland, I'll have to buy this game sometime when I have a lot more hours to spend diving into something so deep. Good luck with the release!

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Just for you, Riki-Tiki-Tavi:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 3 hours ago
Likely the manual will be a separate download on Steam for the time being as a prominent link on the store front page but possible it will be included in other installations later and launched from a menu entry.

I plan to register all Steam purchases when Grimoire goes to GOG under Steam Connect so all purchases will transfer to GOG accounts.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 hours ago
The manual is just being formatted correctly, will release very shortly. Had some problems when converting it to .PDF that the graphics were messed up for printing. Want to make it suitable for A4 output, not just for the players but also for the IndieGoGo donations when I print off their manuals.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago
When Spellcasters get enough speed they begin to act faster than fighters in many circumstances.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Just for you, Riki-Tiki-Tavi:

Likely the manual will be a separate download on Steam for the time being as a prominent link on the store front page but possible it will be included in other installations later and launched from a menu entry.

I plan to register all Steam purchases when Grimoire goes to GOG under Steam Connect so all purchases will transfer to GOG accounts.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 hours ago
The manual is just being formatted correctly, will release very shortly. Had some problems when converting it to .PDF that the graphics were messed up for printing. Want to make it suitable for A4 output, not just for the players but also for the IndieGoGo donations when I print off their manuals.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago
When Spellcasters get enough speed they begin to act faster than fighters in many circumstances.
Sheeshs. "Half-troll from far-Harad" shouldn't be that difficult even with Finnish spelling.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'd like to say Merry Christmas to all the Cleve haters and people who said V2 would never be released, and to all the hordes of people Cleve has proven wrong multiple times now over the years and made to wear egg on their stupid faces. Your hateful passion to not want a great crpg made you crazy and blind.

Ha Ha. He won again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom