Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 28: Medieeevvaallll Times

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Infinitum

To all players: eating their own words, the Starspawn team has launched an unprovoked attack breaking a NAP 3.

Like usual, a common demonstration that everything they say is merely a lie. Don't believe any of their words: as proven in this and other games, they can't be trusted.

Also, NAP 3 means NAP 3, not "LOL I ATTACK NOW BECAUSE I SAY SO".

Just a mistake in communication between myself and Infinitum. No need for alarm. :)

Olinser

Savant
By the way at what point can you actually rate posts? I've done 50 posts here and still don't see an option.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'll be able to do a turn today, but will need a postponement from tomorrow until 2000 GMT on monday. (Goes for D26 as well; will send in that turn tonight).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'll be able to do a turn today, but will need a postponement from tomorrow until 2000 GMT on monday. (Goes for D26 as well; will send in that turn tonight).

K. Will postpone as necessary.

Edit: Hosting postponed today for various travel/ in-game political concerns. :M

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm up for conceding the game to the team that took meme bless with flying recruit anywhere sacreds.
:negative:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
aaaaaaand

Hosting a NEW game, with dominions enhanced, on a large thematic map.

DE adds about 10-20% more content to the game, including a couple new nations that are reasonably balanced. Including Genie-nation, NZ natives (Maori) and MOAR

It includes several other mods together, worthy heroes, magic enhanced and something else I can't remember.

It adds unique summons/spells to every nation that didn't already have them, so it's balances the game quite a bit - it adds a lot of "unique" summons that are not just level 8/9 conjuration godzillas and titans, but also more humble level 5/6 mini-SC's

Honestly once you try it you may never want to go back, because it makes many more nations interesting to play.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Eeeh, I'm not very keen on big mods, I barely have a grip on the game as it is :) But otherwise we could do a new game, sure. As for conceeding, I'd say we're slowly loosing, no?

Infinitum

Scholar
Slowly losing from a position of massively winning, idk. Hard to tell what with those scales skewering the economic math so much. I'm still having fun.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I guess the knights do trade better than the eagle warriors, the rest of my stuff was totally useless, lesson learnt - but the knights wiped out a squad of 26 eagle-boys and my other squad killed ~60 of them which is pretty good.

You bastards and your infectious, stubborn fighting spirit.

I think you have a pretty good grip on the game sqeecoo - you sit in the corner and wait until everyone dies, then win the game. The mod won't change that.

Besides, everyone will be on equal-unknown footing, it gives you a ton of fun new globals, spells like "become X" so you can turn a mage into a lich, or dragon, or golem - keeping their paths.

It makes a lot of stuff playable, like reducing cost of rubbish 5-gem level 1 and 2 construction items nobody uses "enchanted sword" into 1 or 2 gem goodies, so they actually become quite reasonable. Nations like Lanka and Caelum, don't really get anything new, but other nations that have no late game summons, get them.

E.g. Abysia gets LoTR Balrog SC's.... Pangaea gets Lord of the Wild pretender as a level 8 repeatable summon, so you can get these giant goat-man titans, pretty cool. Most of the water nations get a buff e.g. unique summons, but access to water for non-water nations is also increased.

If we play normal dominions, hardly anyone wants to play shit nations for the flavor, in DE there isn't really any shit nations, except EA Ulm.

They also balance the magic paths, so water/fire isn't so shit.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Wooops. I can rollback. I thought I extended same time as D26 before I left to hit the road(figure of speech).

Busy times! :negative:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
If you want to check out what DE adds to the game, you can download the mod and read the manual, or just check out the inspector.

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

click on "load mods" in the top left and select Dom enhanced 1.37 - which is about the same as 1.40 (latest version)

it's like this.

xS6Egwl.png

and like this.

HphfUaS.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
I can't afford a rolback.

VOTE AGAINST.

EDIT: Kk, dropping the game. No sense in going on if my main victories are erased. Next time wait for a majority vote or something instead of reverting for a single person asking.

Very bad etiquette.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom