Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 28: Medieeevvaallll Times

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
HEAR YEE HEAR YEE

Decline 28 is OFFICIALLY over

As 3 players in the game not including Ctis are over it

Dayyālu

Arcane
Congrats to Team Pan&Starpawns for their win, despite losing every major and most of the minor engagements.

Congratulations. I wonder if I should drop Dec26 too, as no one bothered to extend and I can't be bothered to run for submitting turns, considering that if I do we get rollbacks.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Whhaaattt. Come on. Both D26/D28 turns being messed up was my fault for not extending them due to being busy. This is when rollbacks happen.

I mean, I'm the admin. If you don't like the decision make another game. Think people should just chill though. I didn't even look at the turns and I doubt some others did too.

It would be lame, imo, to win or lose a game on stales due to a mistake on my part.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
If you do not submit a turn it will use your last .2h file. I would hope people who already submitted do the honorable thing and don't change anything. Happy holidays. :martini:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Considering that rollbacking pretty much changed the balance of the game (due to me nuking the main army of Marignon with no survivors) the move was, essentially, a dick move done without asking.

I'll consider if I still feel the need to run around submitting turns at insane times (despite asking for extensions, working for 14 hours par day, and trying to manage basic family needs) if others can freely rollback and ruin my games. I'd probably simply drop both games, it ain't proper.

It ain't proper at all.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Don't we do the honor code thing where we don't change moves on a rollback?

The Balrog thing is cool :) But adding a shitload of stuff just muddles the waters, I feel, and makes nations more samey. I like the lack of balance, and am happy to take weaker nations when I feel like it :) Like EA R'lyeh in D26, I'm enjoying that a lot. And learning that water magic is actually quite neat!
I think you have a pretty good grip on the game sqeecoo - you sit in the corner and wait until everyone dies, then win the game. The mod won't change that.

I was super aggressive this game! eeeh, never satisfied! :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Huh, I guess I missed a lot while typing. It's christmas, it's normal for everyone to start arguing but in the end we are all family, right? Dominions family!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm not resubmitting my turns, but not because i'm honorable - because i can't be bothered #chaoticevil

I was feigning more outrage than I actually felt, because I want to start a new game and cultivating the anger of my peers advances my agenda.
:takemyjewgold:
We have some fresh blood now as well, and I want to play Kailasa or Xibalba (I suck with them)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Lol, so I didn't change my turn, but Dayyālu dirty commie, build PD where I raided and changed the turn.

Going AI now, seeya.

#NeverRollBack

Infinitum

Scholar
If you do not submit a turn it will use your last .2h file. I would hope people who already submitted do the honorable thing and don't change anything. Happy holidays. :martini:

'Course, if you do not submit a turn file THAT ALSO MEANS YOU WILL STALL AGAIN.

Maybe we should just declare bird victory and get it over with after all.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I know we talked about it in private, but I must push my agenda to end this fucked up game anyway. I'm sure you understand.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Always reminder, Isiloon , that I can read even deleted posts here.

But I love that image so points to ye.

On more serious matters, the evolution of this game puzzles me.

nUBIPKA.jpg

Starspawn and Pan's raiding on my provinces is essentially meaningless, and Abysia and Marignon attacking changed nothing.

Seriously, meme blesses in small games make for straight weird game evolutions. I mean, apparently Nazca got hit hard, but considering that now Pans are left with...what, 1-2 unsieged forts and Starspawns are, well, Starspawns (and I can probably spam more Eagle Warriors par turn that they can spam Lobo Guards at this point) this game seems to be just weird.

Now I need to invade Marignon or something.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
jokes on you, I went AI as I said earlier. See you in the next world heretic.

LeftYawningFieldmouse-small.gif

Infinitum

Scholar
Apparantly 4/6 players took a look at your bless, picked up their toys and went home. Also, KoolNoodles is AWOL. Bit of a shame really but whatcha gonna do. gg.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Oh, well, I'd suggest at this point to do a quick Throne Rush and end this properly instead of sputtering out and dying.

I guess a bit of postmortem is in order. I'm not the main author of the bless nor the guy who wanted to try it (we'll need to thank Sqeecoo for the thing) and I've never been a player particularly focused on bless play. Plus Mictlan is not my favourite nation, even if MA Mictlan avoids the horror of Blood magic and gives me a playstyle that could be more akin to my own.

Matters little, this was a meme game.

Or, more correctly, a game where the initial plan was perfectly executed. We rolled with doombless, shittiest scales known to man and had an explosive expansion. No indies can endure Awake Pretender and insanely high Strenght+Flying+Thunder Weapons+Quickness. It's a bless that has a literally crazy expiration date (I can think of half a dozen counters out of the bat) but as long as it works it's pretty much impossible to stop. Sum that with recruit anywhere sacreds , somewhat cheapo out of the box forts. Expansion went incredibly well, with crazy 20+ provinces in the first 10 turns, leaving me enough time to build enough forts to spam 20-30 Eagle warriors par turn. No chance for Ctis and Phaecia to parry out blow, considering that I massively financed Nazca's Condor spam.

After the first couple was down, we were still in early game. Pan and Starspawns tried, I presume, and somewhat managed to cripple Nazca. Pan got quickly mauled by the counterattacks by endless waves of Condors. At the same time, I literally abandoned research and lived on sacred spam and little else. Hell, I started Slave Warriors recruitment just to get some bodies for sieging, and massive mercs stacks.

The only battles where I could maybe lose were against the Starspawn stack, that tried a very logical counter, and against Marignon. Both times I managed to bring in enough Eagle Warriors to reach critical mass to nuke the armies, even if in the case of the Starspawns it was mutual annihilation.

My guess is, if Starspawns and Pans managed to avoid warfare until getting some good magical counters we would have quickly crumbled. But managing to reach them would have been difficult.

Meme victory for meme game, I guess. Still, tons of fun.

sqeecoo

Arcane
So we're ending this one? Fine by me. Not a very fun game, meme bless never again.

But I don't think it's that OP, sure Phaecia got trounced, but C'tis was basically just stalling (thanks, Jagreen) and any year 1 rush is hard to defeat. The deciding factor were in fact the extra gems I got from Mictlan, allowing me to summon an extra set of condors year 1, which in turn let me crack the capitol in two turns, something meme blesses normally have big trouble with. After that, Pan handily outraided me (birds can raid ok, but they take losses on almost every fight cause they are glass cannons) and we sorta won by having Mictlan running in with skillful use of small eagle warrior bands while I grouped my condors in big, fort cracking stacks. At the same time it was hard for R'lyeh to help Pan so it was kinda 2 vs 1.5.

I think it was a combination of factors and not just the meme bless being super OP. On the other hand, for Nazca this build decidedly doesn't peter out in the midgame, it scales very nicely, with one condor summoning per turn and scaling suppaya summoning as well as decent mages all around.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I cant find the thread for Decline 26 - so congrats to Infinitum for winning, bit of a rabbit out of the hat at the end, as you were being destroyed you rushed thrones with three red seconds and Mandehas, which takes a lot of planning.

Countered my murder-kill sacreds with Ganas, punishing me for not getting magic weapons. Kicked Hinnom's ass with Air Elementals - was a pleasure seeing Lanka strats I haven't seen used before, well played.

:excellent:

Infinitum

Scholar
Pretty sure it has already ended? I'm good, think we're a bit too far down the hole to turn this around as is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom