Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How important are stats over 10? Are there many checks that high?

What level do you reach by endgame? Guessing the +20% XP is a big trap with the perk system.
They cap at 11. No idea for checks,maybe luck. But INT does give skillpoints.
Well the 20%XP is not that bad,depends what you are after,it gives more skillpoints that way. The more useful perks are the one that gives a bonus armour and the ones that do bonus damage.

IS there any way to get to the mountain village with your own car?

tindrli

Arcane
that moment when you kick the machine so many times that you kill yourself

waHtQmu.jpg

Drowed

Arcane
So hey, another doubt. I can initiate combat by holding CTRL and clicking on an enemy if I'm using a firearm (it will shoot it). But in the case of melee weapons, the message "it's too far" always appears. Which is true... But I wanted to start the fight just to get closer before the enemy started it himself. I want to be able to reposition myself after starting combat, as in Fallout. That isn't possible in this game? There is no toggle function for combat mode?

bataille

Arcane
About the bunker with VILEN in it:
Is it possible to get into the room that's guarded by the tank or kill the mushroom hivemind (why, though)? I thought maybe there was some way to point them to the room with the tank, but no luck.

Parabalus There seemed to be a 10 int check in the bunker (I have failed it having only 9).

bataille

Arcane
So hey, another doubt. I can initiate combat by holding CTRL and clicking on an enemy if I'm using a firearm (it will shoot it). But in the case of melee weapons, the message "it's too far" always appears. Which is true... But I wanted to start the fight just to get closer before the enemy started it himself. I want to be able to reposition myself after starting combat, as in Fallout. That isn't possible in this game? There is no toggle function for combat mode?

Nope, gotta pay the price for dumping dex/not having good initiative!

Dodo1610

Arcane
PSA:When getting healed in Kraznoz... hospital you get +1Str and +1 Endurance for 72h for only 100r.

Is there a third way to find out what happened to the expedition when you fuck up the mushroom questline and cannot pay the 10k rubel?

Is it normal that the recomended strength value remains red if you have the weapon knowledge perk.

Last edited:

Sloul

Savant
fantadomat it's quite hillarious to witness how sync. our two walkthrough are, ahah. Although, I had a bad news for you...
Your Niva was a scam, ahah

Vrab

Learned
The story about comrade Lenin being saved from a knife stab by the Party membership card he happened to hold over his heart was so utterly hilarious. :lol:

Deleted Member 16721

Or him defeating the giant ant (myrmic) with a giant wooden log. :D

One tip I've found useful is to double cross people. Take their hush money and then snitch on them anyway. Win-win situation. :)

Deleted Member 16721

I'm enjoying the game immensely. I know I said that already but for anyone on the fence, just buy it. The writing is good, the characters are fun and interesting and there are some reactivity elements in the game that were unexpected. Lots of quests to complete and interesting things to find. Just wish I could find a decent pistol but I am headed back to Otrandoye to finish up some...ahem...unfinished business there...so I should be good after that. :)

Vrab

Learned
I'm undecided about if the game has too much text or not. On one hand it seems to atm take majority of my in-game time to go through, which I don't like as a rule. But on the other hand it's really good. I mean, there are some spelling errors and on rare occasions I get the feeling some Russian phrase was translated in an awkward manner so I'm not even sure what the line means, but it adds to the charm in a very good way. I'd go so far to suggest the devs to not even correct most of these things.

tindrli

Arcane
Does the random encounter with 3 "skin worms" have any C&C? Anything to lose out on if I kill them?
what level you were at that time. i encounter them as soon as got out from first village and beeing level 3 im im having difficulties killing 3 ants. i reloaded like 10 times when fighting that guy who worked with bandits. cant imagine fighting 3 humans

bataille

Arcane
I'm enjoying the game immensely. I know I said that already but for anyone on the fence, just buy it. The writing is good, the characters are fun and interesting and there are some reactivity elements in the game that were unexpected. Lots of quests to complete and interesting things to find. Just wish I could find a decent pistol but I am headed back to Otrandoye to finish up some...ahem...unfinished business there...so I should be good after that. :)

Walk the road from KRS to Otradnoye and back until you meet a lucky motorized caravan. In 10-20 minutes you should have anything from nagant to scorpion.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

I agree but since this is an rpg site and this an rpg game it is important to point out that the game has solid rpg mechanics and systems and really good chargen and dev. It would be a good rpg game even without good writing and fun/interesting characters.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
THIS GAME HAS REFERENCE TO PIZZAGATE :):) And i swear i heard massive ammount of memes, Stuff Like Reference to Fallout New Vegas Etc.

Deleted Member 16721

I agree but since this is an rpg site and this an rpg game it is important to point out that the game has solid rpg mechanics and systems and really good chargen and dev. It would be a good rpg game even without good writing and fun/interesting characters.

Definitely. I think I already mentioned the RPG mechanics earlier, but yeah, they're pretty great too. Lots of skill checks and reactivity, choices with consequences and great chargen and development as well. I'm really surprised by the $14.99 price. It's definitely worth that and more IMO. Very polished too with nice graphics, smooth framerate and graphics and clean environments. It also loads really fast, which is nice. Whoever hasn't bought this needs to support these developers, they are delivering a high quality game for a cheap price.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Definitely. I think I already mentioned the RPG mechanics earlier, but yeah, they're pretty great too. Lots of skill checks and reactivity, choices with consequences and great chargen and development as well. I'm really surprised by the $14.99 price. It's definitely worth that and more IMO. Very polished too with nice graphics, smooth framerate and graphics and clean environments. It also loads really fast, which is nice. Whoever hasn't bought this needs to support these developers, they are delivering a high quality game for a cheap price.
Agreed, Im enjoying it a lot, despite some issues it's one of the few modern pc rpgs that has managed to grab me for extended play sessions sitting in front of a computer when I tend to play mostly on consoles.

Any future games by these developers will be worthy of high expectations.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Obvious shill is obvious... Seriously, "the writing is good"? "The characters are fun and interesting"? Have you actually played the game?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

This game has the production quality of a high school freeware project. 15$ is a steep price to pay for it.

Vagiel

Augur
Would this run on a i5 surface pro? I don't have a proper pc now but I really want to play.

I ask because of the high ram requirements 8g sounds a bit much or I am just getting old.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom