Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I GOT DRUNK AND BOUGHT A COUPLE GAMES

CRUSADER NO REMORSE AND TUROK

LOLOLLOLOL I MIGHT EVEN PAY THEM IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS LOLOLOLL

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's happening soon?!
https://af.gog.com/news/coming_soon_underrail_expedition_dlc?as=1649904300

:shredder:

dat price tho ($99)
98cc86f87bb3daedeb35dc2afcdf357a40a00bd3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda surprised they haven't gotten rid of the YouTube shit when hovering titles. Like I hover 90% of games just to see what sort of genre it is with a quick glance at the images. If I wanna see more I'll watch a trailer or whatever, but I don't have a need nor even have the damn time to watch clips of every single link I put the mouse on.
Damn, I hate that shit. I much prefer the screenshots that Steam shows on hovering. Watching some bullshit cinematic trailer gives me no idea what the game is like.

Especially because the video is tiny unless you click the "enlarge" icon so anyone interested in watching it will want to go to the page anyway.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I deal with New Year Eve potato way by playing Tomb Raider, this time 3rd installment.
*neck-breaking sounds intensify*

Morkar Left

Oblivion on sale at the moment. I'm sure a lot of people on the Dex will want to snap that one up.
I know what I'll be doing on new year's eve.

:obviously:

You joke, but I've actually spent a New Year's Eve that way, and I distinctly remember asking myself:"What the hell am I doing with my life?" while vacantly staring at the screen.
It was a moment of self-reflection and sad, sobering, depressing realization. Unfortunately, wouldn't be the last.

I did that once, too. I thought at first it would be depressing but actually ended up pretty cool. Probably best and most sober way I woke up in the new years morning.

Comte

Oblivion on sale at the moment. I'm sure a lot of people on the Dex will want to snap that one up.
I know what I'll be doing on new year's eve.

:obviously:

You joke, but I've actually spent a New Year's Eve that way, and I distinctly remember asking myself:"What the hell am I doing with my life?" while vacantly staring at the screen.
It was a moment of self-reflection and sad, sobering, depressing realization. Unfortunately, wouldn't be the last.

I did that once, too. I thought at first it would be depressing but actually ended up pretty cool. Probably best and most sober way I woke up in the new years morning.

Glad you had fun.Actually, now that you mention it I do remember waking up the next morning and catching Tokyo Godfathers on TV, that was a good day.

For anyone who thought about buying SOMA, you might want to wait a bit (until the 28th of December it seems):

Source: https://en.ostrog.com/1671-Upcoming-SOMA-GOG-Giveaway-Leaked/

Upcoming SOMA GOG Giveaway Leaked
As the leak says, the first-person horror game will be available for free next week

As spotted by DTF, streamer BlackSilverUfa has leaked the giveaway of SOMA in his correspondence with a GOG representative. The conversation was devoted to planning of the next stream; such, the streamer was asked to browse through GOG’s main page and sale offers.

1671-1545565496495.jpeg

The GOG representative also asked BlackSilverUfa to hint at the upcoming ‘New Year surprise’ the store is preparing next week. Namely, the giveaway of SOMA starting from December 28
Currently, SOMA. is available on PC, on Steam and GOG, as well as on Xbox One and PS4.

OstrogDecember 23, 2018

Best deal!

You Fools the New Years surprise is the release of Grimoire V2 on GOG

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love GOG; got Full Throttle Remastered for free last week, Bioshock 1&2, New Vegas (as a gift for a friend) XCOM and Dead Space for $22...
Looking forward to SOMA for free too this week
Oh and looking to trade a Dragons Dogma Steam code for a GOG one in case someone’s got one, I rather keep my gaming out of Steam nowadays

McPlusle

Savant
I've bought 44 games this sale (many are replacements of lost disc games) and am trying to fight the urge to rebuy Steam games on there as well.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh and looking to trade a Dragons Dogma Steam code for a GOG one in case someone’s got one, I rather keep my gaming out of Steam nowadays

Honestly, you might want to hold onto that Steam key. Dragon's Dogma was one of those titles that kept coming up when it came to certain games never getting any updates on gog. I just checked my library and it hasn't received any updates in two years, so it's likely still missing a patch that came out in December '17.

Melcar

Arcane
I gotta ask: I've never actually used GOG, is it a better service than Steam?

I really depends on your preferences, and region pricing.
For me Steam is much cheaper, even if 99.99% of the sales suck balls. GOG currency conversion always fucks with me. GOG lets you download and keep installers of your games, to play anyway and anywhere you want. Steam not so much. Yeah, you can download your library and do a local backup, and keep playing games in offline mode (you still need the client installed), so there is that. Steam has a much larger game library, but this depends on the type of games you are after (GOG already has the type of games I prefer). GOG also has their Galaxy client, which like Steam, can sync and update your games. Galaxy does not work on Linux while Steam does, so there is that too. And if you are on Linux, Steam has now increased your potential game library with Proton. Yes, you still have the option of using Wine on your own, but meh. Never used the refund option on GOG, but in Steam it has never given me issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom