Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mud'

Scholar
Definitely. I think I already mentioned the RPG mechanics earlier, but yeah, they're pretty great too. Lots of skill checks and reactivity, choices with consequences and great chargen and development as well. I'm really surprised by the $14.99 price. It's definitely worth that and more IMO. Very polished too with nice graphics, smooth framerate and graphics and clean environments. It also loads really fast, which is nice. Whoever hasn't bought this needs to support these developers, they are delivering a high quality game for a cheap price.

God damn i am literally broke right now but as soon as i get enough money i will buy it, i just get that itch of playing something Fallouty, already finished 1.5 and Nevada two times each for that same itch and New Vegas is trying to fill the role nicely.

Vagiel

Augur
No need to answer my question I already bought it and will find out tonight. Hopefully I will have my Christmas miracle...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
there's a rumor in the first town about a courier that survived being shot in the head in a desert

you can keep talking to that guy and all his rumors are plots of post-apoc vidya... I remember the new vegas one, I also remember him talking about STALKER and The Zone.. I think he also talked about getting a water chip, etc.

Codex Year of the Donut
Would this run on a i5 surface pro? I don't have a proper pc now but I really want to play.

I ask because of the high ram requirements 8g sounds a bit much or I am just getting old.
You're looking at the recommended specs, not the minimum.

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or equivalent
    • DirectX: Version 10
    • Storage: 4 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got my slave, bunker and bought the UAZ car the game is fantastic:

COQ3pxc.jpg

Jizzed in the pants.
clear.png
clear.png
:bounce:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat it's quite hillarious to witness how sync. our two walkthrough are, ahah. Although, I had a bad news for you...
Your Niva was a scam, ahah
I had that feeling :),still decided to cheat add 5000 money so i could buy it earlier and not spam wait two weeks,later i even gifted loot worth the same money. Oh well in the end i will burn the place to the ground seeing how is filled with scum and snuff addicts!

Finally i got my sweat ride,now i am waiting for the niva to be delivered :obviously:. Does anyone know where to find fuel outside of the bottles?
3uHYmRR.png

How you got that car? Mine always crush when i start it.
By doing the quest that Commissar Draco is showing in his pic. The Soviet way,trough hail of bullets and mountain of dead mutants!!!

If you are talking about blowing up after starting it too many times,you have look under the hood and fix it. If i remember correctly you need high attention or technology skill.

Deleted Member 16721

Is there any easy way to get rid of radiation? It's killing me slowly, all my stats are down and I can barely move with 1 STR. The doc in Otradnoye doesn't fix it, at least as far as I can tell. What giveth, men?

bataille

Arcane
Erm...how do you even defeat the
mushroom people inside their bunker?
I think I'm missing something.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just got my slave, bunker and bought the UAZ car the game is fantastic:

COQ3pxc.jpg

Jizzed in the pants.
clear.png
clear.png
:bounce:

Shame that the reward s only cool yet useless.

Wtf

If you actually fire up the reward for that quest
you'll realise it literally chops through enemies like nothing else. Just a question of getting the skill for it, but gasoline is pretty plentiful.

D!!

Educated
So, how buggy is the game now? Really want to play, but scared of gamebreaking stuff. My next stop on RPGs backlog is The Witcher 3, so if I start it, I will be back to the ATOM only after ~150 hours of gameplay:shredder:

Finally got the dog yesterday, he's pretty good. Although I can see how he is going to get in the way when trying to kill groups of enemies with grenades; I'll have to put some points into survival, I guess.

filpan

Scholar
^Just order the dog not to attack enemies or to stay close, thats how I deal with him when grenades are due. Thank God for grenades! Yesterday they saved me from one hell of a fight:
SPOILER ALERT REGARDING THE HUMAN MEAT QUEST:

After solving the mystery of those cannibals that prepare human meat for cannibals in Peregon, when you get to leave that underground area, Ivan and those other sick fucks arrive (6 of them in total with assault rifles). Me, Fiedel and the Dog. Thank god do I had two grenades in my inventory, I equipped them in left and right hand. Threw both of them in one turn (8 AP in total), and got rid of 3 of them, other 3 were almost dead or injured. Dog and Fiedel meleed and killed one, 2 remained. One of them burst fired at the dog who barely survived, and then I killed that one with 9mm AP rounds(always save those for hard fights). Than the dog and Fiedel finished the last one. Aint no chance I would have survived without those 2 grenades. PRAISE THE GRENADES

And btw why does Molotov which has lower damage cost more action points then grenade? Thats dumb.
Stun grenades, are they worth it?

^Just order the dog not to attack enemies or to stay close, thats how I deal with him when grenades are due. Thank God for grenades! Yesterday they saved me from one hell of a fight:
SPOILER ALERT REGARDING THE HUMAN MEAT QUEST:

After solving the mystery of those cannibals that prepare human meat for cannibals in Peregon, when you get to leave that underground area, Ivan and those other sick fucks arrive (6 of them in total with assault rifles). Me, Fiedel and the Dog. Thank god do I had two grenades in my inventory, I equipped them in left and right hand. Threw both of them in one turn (8 AP in total), and got rid of 3 of them, other 3 were almost dead or injured. Dog and Fiedel meleed and killed one, 2 remained. One of them burst fired at the dog who barely survived, and then I killed that one with 9mm AP rounds(always save those for hard fights). Than the dog and Fiedel finished the last one. Aint no chance I would have survived without those 2 grenades. PRAISE THE GRENADES

And btw why does Molotov which has lower damage cost more action points then grenade? Thats dumb.
Stun grenades, are they worth it?
I just bullshitted half of the guys into believing reinforcements were coming and dealt with the other guys normally, but yes, grenades are a lifesaver in so many encounters.

Molotov/dynamite sticks cost more AP because you are supposed to light a fuse/rag, as opposed to just pulling a pin. AP cost has nothing to do with weapon damage.

filpan

Scholar
^ My speech was 83 and I still wasnt able to bullshit them. Thank God i have high Dex so I started the fight.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
So, how buggy is the game now? Really want to play, but scared of gamebreaking stuff. My next stop on RPGs backlog is The Witcher 3, so if I start it, I will be back to the ATOM only after ~150 hours of gameplay:shredder:

Just play Atom, because after you witness Witcher 3 and expansions, there is no going back to garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom