Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, how buggy is the game now? Really want to play, but scared of gamebreaking stuff. My next stop on RPGs backlog is The Witcher 3, so if I start it, I will be back to the ATOM only after ~150 hours of gameplay:shredder:

Just play Atom, because after you witness Witcher 3 and expansions, there is no going back to garbage.
shut the fuck up you turd eating, ass smelling dirty cancerous retard.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
So, how buggy is the game now? Really want to play, but scared of gamebreaking stuff. My next stop on RPGs backlog is The Witcher 3, so if I start it, I will be back to the ATOM only after ~150 hours of gameplay:shredder:

Just play Atom, because after you witness Witcher 3 and expansions, there is no going back to garbage.

"1) I am a combatfag. That means i enjoy gameplay, you know, the reason we actually play video games instead of reading novels or watching films. I enjoy a good story as much as anyone, but a good story cannot save a garbage game. If the game is garbage, i am watching the story in a movie version on Youtube or just reading about it on a wiki. Life is too short for garbage gameplay."

"I like Witcher 3."

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been playing some but still wonder. Is there a karma system in ATOM? Can NPC:s reaction to the player change?
No Karma - by that I mean there is no number that can go up or down depending on your actions. People just react to the things you do. Like... change power structure in Peregon and they will talk about that all the time. Rob a caravan - it's owners will hunt you. Kill a chicken = whole village attacks you. Dig up a girl's grave - try to sell her stuff to her grieving father - whole family rushes you! Kill a rat in a secret area = her talking rat husband ambushes you, etc. Rumors, attitudes and sometimes even prices and items react to your deeds.
So about grave robbing. As long as you sell the stuff to the right people nothing bad will ever happen to you?

Codex Year of the Donut
Thee is so much stuff to do in this game I have so many quests already done and many in the log and I haven't even visited half the map yet...

Where is doge?
Random encounter. They'll kill his owner, go over to the owner's body instead of interacting with the dog and grab the collar. Then interact with the dog. If you leave the map without getting him, he's gone forever.
He's really strong btw.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
i think this game make me a communist. i will just hang out in r/berniesanders for a bit thanks comrade!

uh1Hdo2.jpg

+++ Colonel Commisssar Draco of 777th Codexian Mechanised reports: All Ukrops Mutants terminated. Red Guards loses in acceptable range. Statue of the Emperor Lenin stands! Victoria Imperialis! +++

:hero:

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thee is so much stuff to do in this game I have so many quests already done and many in the log and I haven't even visited half the map yet...

Where is doge?
Random encounter. They'll kill his owner, go over to the owner's body instead of interacting with the dog and grab the collar. Then interact with the dog. If you leave the map without getting him, he's gone forever.
He's really strong btw.

fuck I guess he is gone then RIP

Codex Year of the Donut

Where is doge?
He's really strong btw.

fuck I guess he is gone then RIP
restart your game and save doge

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
i think this game make me a communist. i will just hang out in r/berniesanders for a bit thanks comrade!

uh1Hdo2.jpg

Her lack of shoes really triggers me for some reason. At least put some grocery sacks on ffs

In Red Guard the priority is to arm all fighters not give them pair of sapogi like Tsarist Army did Comrade! Gave her vest, helmet and pepeshka for screenshot sadly she is useless in battle now. Maybe mods or comrades developers will fix it and give her some use like healing or food preparing. BTW had to restart the fight never give your followers Automatic weapons they will always shoot in your back in full auto or worse still hit your allies. Sharik also would be much more useful with armor but haven't found it yet. :dealwithit:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just got my slave, bunker and bought the UAZ car the game is fantastic:

COQ3pxc.jpg

Jizzed in the pants.
clear.png
clear.png
:bounce:

Shame that the reward s only cool yet useless.

Wtf

If you actually fire up the reward for that quest
you'll realise it literally chops through enemies like nothing else. Just a question of getting the skill for it, but gasoline is pretty plentiful.
You do know that you don't need a spoiler for this.
I never used it actually,i saw that it uses more than half my APs in an attack and decided to use my trusty rifle and soviet knife. The rifle deals like 40-60 damage per round.

I have around 30-50 hours and haven't met real bug. It works well. I haven't had such a bug free experience in years.

There is nothing in common between bernie faggot and Soviets! Scum like him were killed on the spot during the CCCP!

Where is doge?
It's a random encounter. Just make sure you don't ignore it when it pops up.
:negative:
I had the encounter but the owner survived tanks to my battle skillz. Later on i find out that this was a companion.

whos the best trader to get rubles for shinies?

In the big city,behind the wall there is an armour merchant,he is best for dropping armour and weapons loot. He have the best price and money for it,except for the caravans you meant in the waste,they are the best merchants.

Commissar Draco

Patron

Ohfe49I.jpg

Sure I do lot more damage with my Degetariev but sometimes you do need to go mano to mano and this is superb weapon for such occasions Comrade; You are right about Sanders to if some manboon tried to grab microphone from Comrade Stalin, Tsar Comrade, Limanov or even Zuganov... well there would be one she boon less Comrade Soviet Union did not tolerated hooliganism.

Martyr

Arcane
after you witness Witcher 3 and expansions, there is no going back to garbage.

that's true. I stopped my second playthrough of Witcher 3 after 4 hours and uninstalled it, because I couldn't bear playing that game watching that movie a second time.

someone tell me when there's a DRM free version of ATOM. until then, I'll pass.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Soviet Union did not tolerated hooliganism.
CCCP didn't tolerated anything :lol:.

During Comrade Stalin era that was true then the power was taken by Ukrainian corn farmer and Brezhnev and look at the consequences. Never let Ukrainian to manage anything Comrade or succumb to western disease of tolerance.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Soviet Union did not tolerated hooliganism.
CCCP didn't tolerated anything :lol:.

During Comrade Stalin era that was true then the power was taken by Ukrainian corn farmer and Brezhnev and look at the consequences. Never let Ukrainian to manage anything Comrade or succumb to western disease of tolerance.

Lenin fought with his life for Ukrainian independence and look where it led us, if he saw this he'd be rolling in his mausoleum.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
"1) I am a combatfag. That means i enjoy gameplay, you know, the reason we actually play video games instead of reading novels or watching films. I enjoy a good story as much as anyone, but a good story cannot save a garbage game. If the game is garbage, i am watching the story in a movie version on Youtube or just reading about it on a wiki. Life is too short for garbage gameplay."

"I like Witcher 3."

One thing i learned about autists and spergs, is that they don't understand the concept of non-binary situations. They see everything in black and white.

Listen, just because someone is a combatfag, does not mean he cannot enjoy one of the best examples of storyfag RPGs. The Witcher 3 is not a simple game, it is one of the best. Even farm simulator fans can enjoy it... Prefering a certain type of game does not preclude you from playing well-designed games of another type. It just means you typically avoid the lesser games of that type...

Also, enjoying a certain type of game, does not mean you enjoy every game of that type. For example, enjoying action adventure games does not mean you enjoy playing Superman 64. You may like a type of game, but still it has to be good for you to wanna play it...

I hope autists can understand better now that i explained it.

D!!

Educated
that's true. I stopped my second playthrough of Witcher 3 after 4 hours and uninstalled it, because I couldn't bear playing that game watching that movie a second time.

someone tell me when there's a DRM free version of ATOM. until then, I'll pass.

IIRC early access version was completely DRM-free even on Steam. Maybe this is true for a release version too? You can just copy game folder and launch it from anywhere even without running Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom