Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Random Phantasy Star Story Thread

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
After a lot of research, I have discovered the origin of Phantasy Star!!!

Her name is Noriko Sakai and she is a 15 year old idol newcomer here. Enjoy!

Now, share any strange and wonderful Phantasy Star stories you may have. I look forward to many.

Last edited:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The song has the word "fantasy"in it. This is how it all began. I've seen documentaries about it.

Here is one such document video.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
http://www.phantasy-star.net/psu/psutime.html

I remember over a decade ago there was another forum for PS lovers and we discussed every event and its meaning over the course of the games, and including those from the hand held systems including the PS visual novel.

It no longer has a forum, but that is the site.

PS 2 spoiler:
Climate change on Earth caused the events of PS! Very progressive.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
imagine a world where someone tries to tell you that wanting to dick that girl is somehow wrong

Swigen

Arbiter
Awesome topic! Here’s my Phantasy Star story... about 15 years ago I got into collecting Sega Genesis games. Every so often I’d search online for Phantasy Star carts on eBay. I’d occasionally come across shit like “Clamshell Case w/ Manual Included, Battery Tested” for like $60. I’d hem and haw and ultimately pass on it but the thought of buying one gave me serious wood. Fast forward to 2018, I own Genesis Classics on PS4 and can play any Phantasy Star I want but I don’t ‘cause I could give a crap about ‘em anymore. I learned that the hunt is better than the kill ‘cause of Phantasy Star.

- The End -

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Speaking of which has anyone actually gotten around to playing the remakes of the first two Phantasy Stars on PS2? They were fan translated at some point.

MV5-BMzgz-OTFh-MTct-Nzc1-YS00-MDJj-LTg3-ZGQt-OWM2-Mz-Zj-Zj-M2-MGJl-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde.jpg

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
YES! They are very good. Highly suggest playing them.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Playing the first one seems easier than the original.

I guess HERE is a place to start if you care to investigate.

Back in 95 I wanted to get a replacement for my stolen Genesis in 93. I found a decent used shop and got one with cd and I bought like 30 games on the mega cheap. Among them were psII & III And also Lunar silver star. I was mainly only interested in The Terminator and played that to destabilize. Ironic my sister finished lunar before me. Ps III... I laughed at the awful combat gfx. Seemed like goofy shit.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
God I feel old now.

The chicks in these games don’t look happy. Maybe it’s their damn forced clothing. They look pissed....or very insecure.
img-4.jpg

Oh big heroes save us and you can twang my buttfloss a few times or check to see if she has underoos on.
96444-phantasy-star-iv-genesis-front-cover.jpg

Buttfloss thong swimsuit again... with shoulder pads. She bruises easily so be careful when you grapple her.

21483_back.jpg

NVM, she’s into kinky cyber toys and I don’t want a handyJ from that.

14924_back.jpg

Oh I missed this. God the look of disgust on her face. And now she has a rifle of some sort...
cvb-jp-Phantasy_Star_III.jpg

Can I honestly say this is any better with her possible ??codpiece?? Or is this just saying “insert disk into drive a”. Right here boys. She looks like a badly made over disgruntled cheap hooker who’d just as soon end you than do the deed.
14926_front.jpg

Looking at the art I thought this game was a cybernetic hellscape version of Dante’s Inferno. I should have read the box but Cyberdyne burned in my brain so I skipped playing until much later.

Ah, oriental depictions. Your ladies gotta be deadly but also very fuckable I guess; if you like ears, tails, robot parts, tentacles, claws and that sort of shiz.

The games themselves. First one was different and I like the weird creatures of the 2nd but damn those random encounters at times. Like every fucking step.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, I think you can cheat and have her live on the Genesis. The remake implies if you do x,y,z correctly you’ll get the ending sequence on the ark with her (I guess y’all die anyway).

I actually love cheesy fugly covers because I know some deviant artist will probably make something better.

On PSIV after finishing it a few times I boosted up the main protagonist’s stats up there. I can’t recall if it broke sequences in the game or not. I still haven’t figured out that emulated lunar TSS trick to mess around. I have taken Alex and grinder his ass by himself to say lvl30 or 40 on that shithole island. Can’t get magic abilities because of blah blah. He just bitch slaps enemies for fun. Be pointless to grind them all to 99 on the isle since you lose fatso and goddess chick.

I didn’t play beyond 4 and didn’t mess with the game gear titles or any other system for that matter.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I think I've shared this story many times before but here it is.

My college roommate Charles was playing through the Phantasy Star games since he didn't have a Genesis when he was younger. After he beat PS3 I asked him how he found it. He said it was too easy. I was pretty surprised since I remember it being pretty difficult, especially the end of the 1st Generation. He said, "After you buy a pair of Royal Needlers (which you can buy in Hazatak for 20,000 Meseta each), all the fights were easy."

(As a point of reference, the CeramShot for Wren in Shosuran, the next to last town in 1st Generation, is 1,300 meseta)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Reading this on both texts:
  1. Nei, hold on!
    - "There's no hope left for me. Please Rolf don't let them ever repeat the mistake they
    made when they made me. I hope everyone on Algo can find happiness in their new
    life."
    - After saying this, Nei died. Rolf laid Nei's lifeless body gently on the ground.
    - Nei! We will avenge you!
    - "Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
    - And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
    - Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes.
    If you hack Nei back into your party...the game goes on as usual. She'll remain a selectable character. It's not as if any cutscenes depend on your party members.
    I want your game magazines!

2. ::Shakes him:: SHE'S DEAD! SHE'S NOT COMING BACK! NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, OR WHAT YOU WISH! SHE'S DEAD!!!

Rolf’s pet cat girl is dead. We ALL know Rolf took it hardest since she was the only pussy he could get.

Oh Rolf.....
    latest

You’re a dirty boy there Rolf
    latest

(Whispers..... I know your secrets..)

latest

So sick perverted monster!!!

latest

He... he did what?!?!? OMG!!

latest

Sheesh! Get a hooker Rolf! I know some that go for less than 100 meseta.

1AEBGTL.jpg

You disgust me!
    Anime-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-gené-%28pso2%29-asamura-hiori-2904174.png

One of many of the outfits Rolf had for Nei.

b_phantasy_star_2_by_phaydee-d4f6mos.jpg

All of you stop judging me. (Aside...”assholes.”)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Maybe she doesn’t mind Rolf’s uh...fetish. Rather defensive... and jealous:
001.jpg

“Later can we.....(whisper whisper)

002.jpg

“GET AWAY FROM MY LOVESTICK YOU FILTHY HOBO!”

004.jpg

She’s soooo dead!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom