Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frajaq

Erudite
Very pleasantly surprised by the game, some iffy aspects apart (some early random encounters are way overtuned, or maybe I'm just bad at videogames)

Hopefully it does well enough for the devs

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
WoxpNi3.jpg

Rest in Peace Comrade :salute:

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Can this be finished without engaging in any combat? Are diplomacy, stealth etc. viable approaches?
I believe that you can do it,at least the main quests. You will need some high luck tho.

Also you can finish it in an hour if you know where to go/do....in a way like fallout.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Can this be finished without engaging in any combat? Are diplomacy, stealth etc. viable approaches?

Main quest maybe. If you have high speechcraft you can avoid the toughest encounters or make them easy. I'd suggest at least putting some points to attention and not dump strength and dexterity too much so you can at least use pistols. You'll miss too much exp if you literally never do any combat.

filpan

Scholar
How many action points you have in total with 11 Dexterity?
And how many points in lockpicking do you need to pick lock on Armored car?

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
i would describe it as "too weak to burn brightly, but too proud to be completely extinguished". it also capture the atmosphere of what imagine a more rural russia is like. old, a bit downtrodden, still filled life yet. people feel the nostalgia of the soviet identity they can flaunt. a camaraderie if you wiill.

That's what I like to think the first Mad Max is: It's directly after the nukes hit and the old order is stuggling to recover, but it dying a slow death. Major cities are gone so the largest small ones are trying to take over. Local or regional government is trying to become national government and failing, which is what created the MFP. Beyond these embers the world is what we saw in the sequels and the final collapse is left unwitnessed as Max takes off giving up on civilization.
Wait, weren't the nukes hit in-between Mad Max 1 & 2? Or are you talking about the reboot to make Fury Road possible?

I was talking about an interpretation of mine I find interesting, not how things went in the movies.

Vityaz

Augur
I take it it's not possible to win the fight at the start of the game?

It's not. I asked the same question a while back and apparently those thugs are immortal and will knock you out in one hit, no matter what dialogue options you'll choose.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This fucking game...

So I stayed up until 7:30am playing ATOM last night—thank Lenin’s ghost I’m on vacation. Still haven’t even gone through the gates of Krasnosomethingorother, but I’ve got comrade doggo and I’ve got Fidel.

One more thing about this game that has impressed the hell out of me: ATOM has a good crafting system. Two days ago I would’ve said that good crafting is an oxymoron. But the scarcity of resources, especially ammunition means that you can craft very useful items in ATOM that don’t break the game. For example, it’s not hard to craft a tri-barreled shotgun early on, which can one-shot most enemies I’ve encountered so far. However, it’s burst mode only so it burns through ammunition and if you have fewer than 9 AP you can only fire it every other turn. Well balanced.

Shaki

Arbiter
Codex Year of the Donut

It's not. I asked the same question a while back and apparently those thugs are immortal and will knock you out in one hit, no matter what dialogue options you'll choose.

It's not supposed to be winnable according to the devs, but at the same time I saw this posted somwhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbU8xu0Oz3A
what's the reason they swap to an empty weapon slot before moving?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Can the dev give clarity on how some skills work like Stealth and Pickpocketing?
I can hit enemy consistently with high Unarmed Skill but with 107 in Pickpocketing I can fail 12 times in a row even on very light objects?
Does the chance improve at night? Or is the target's ATTENTION affecting it?

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I just started this to play on the side. And I was wondering if there are any tips for avoiding character build mistakes or anthing I should know before setting out?

Also one interesting question. Is there any character customization beyond just the image and the name? Since I decided on a female sniper for my test build and was wondering if the hair colour is random or if playing as comrade fire crotch is the only true way to play :shredder:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Portrait is similar to the model hairstyle. Sequence is really important since you'd be outnumbered most of the time. You just can't survive moving last. Attributes also unlocks additional dialogues. Sometimes your character can make an observation through high Attention and pursue additional content thru Speechcraft. Strength is also used to intimidate in dialog.

Sloul

Savant
what's the reason they swap to an empty weapon slot before moving?
I didn't pay attention at what distinctions he picked, but if he picked Black Belt, then, it's possible that the +5 dodge bonus only triggers when you are unarmed. I think I heard Nerdcommando mention that in his video.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just started this to play on the side. And I was wondering if there are any tips for avoiding character build mistakes or anthing I should know before setting out?

Also one interesting question. Is there any character customization beyond just the image and the name? Since I decided on a female sniper for my test build and was wondering if the hair colour is random or if playing as comrade fire crotch is the only true way to play :shredder:

You can also pick one of four clothes in the same screen you pick difficulty and according to Comrade Atomboy change them later in your bunker but upgrading it takes so long Commisar was not able to check it.

Vityaz

Augur

It's not supposed to be winnable according to the devs, but at the same time I saw this posted somwhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbU8xu0Oz3A

Damn, that is interesting. I actually did try picking up the gear too but it wouldn't let me for some reason (despite it being highlighted).:?

filpan

Scholar
So, whats the thing with stimpaks and grenades not being reusable when you equip them? I have to go to the inventory and equip them again. Is this made on purpose? As far as I remember, Fallout didnt do that

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom