Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Drakensang: the Dark Eye

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 49: Leprechaun

Martin will perform Dipchit’s task first.

7Po97TP.jpg

LVYa7nD.jpg

Q94X9JF.jpg
Attack the camp? But we need the Guards in town. Everything is topsy-turvy here. The preparations for the Apple Festival are in full swing, and we have a lot of important guests to protect. Do you know what you are asking me? And even if I agreed, the other Council members would have to give their consent, too.

SUj2akk.jpg
Maybe I could take on one of the Guards' tasks. Would you agree then?

Q94X9JF.jpg
If you could take some of the burden off the Town Guard I would give you my consent. It concerns a matter of great importance. Do you want to hear about it?

SUj2akk.jpg
If you can make it short, certainly.

Q94X9JF.jpg
Recently, a set of precious figurines was stolen from an important guest in our town. The thief is a leprechaun. Usually, he is up to mischief south of the town. Bring these figurines back to me, and I will give the Captain my consent.

SUj2akk.jpg
Alright, I will deal with the leprechaun.

Q94X9JF.jpg
Very good. Leave the town by the West Gate and turn south immediately, even before you cross the bridge. Just keep following the town wall, and it will lead you to a meadow where the leprechaun usually can be found.

The leprechaun who previously just kept teleporting around can now be interacted with.

VTEJRYf.jpg

fRh1MrV.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Are you the leprechaun the mayor told me about?

u0IEIvz.jpg
Heeheehee, what a droll question! How should I know? He told you, and not me! Who knows, who knows, maybe in the end I'm even the leprechaun that the billygoat and the gardener were talking about ...

SUj2akk.jpg
You stole some valuable figurines from a nobleman. I'm here to demand his property back in the name of the Mayor!

u0IEIvz.jpg
Stealing? Who, me?! Heeheehee, heh heh heh, what poppycock, no. I'm just borrowing them, just so! You know, it's just sooo boring here. So I thought that if I get people talking about me, someone might come along and play with me. If not the figurine hawker or the Master Burger, then you, at least. Please, please, please! Alright?

SUj2akk.jpg
I'm to play a game with you?! What kind of game?

u0IEIvz.jpg
Oh! Now that you mention it: I hadn't even thought about it yet! Something with several people, in any case! Heeheehee, the more, the merrier! It would be best if you went over to the woodcutters' encampment over there and persuaded those chaps to go along with it. In the meantime I'll think of something fun to do.

SUj2akk.jpg
Very well, I'll see what I can do to persuade the woodcutters.

The woodcutters can be easily persuaded by Gladys.

2bx2FO7.jpg

n9j9K7B.jpg

MGKL7FQ.jpg

pfoBA76.jpg

u0IEIvz.jpg
If the three gentlemen could be so kind and stand over there in a straight line, we can then get started!

Leprechauns are actually some of the most powerful creatures in Dark Eye. And mostly benign.

L6bxpwH.jpg

PjGX4Pn.jpg

1niwRZb.jpg

u0IEIvz.jpg
Then everything is ready now. Heeheehee, aren't they adorable?

SUj2akk.jpg
Uhh ... Yes. Not bad at all. But where does it go from here?

u0IEIvz.jpg
Oh, yes, on to the deed without further ado. Good, good. I like that! Now, the next thing you have to do is solve this little riddle, but for such a clever fox like you, it shouldn't be hard!

u0IEIvz.jpg
As you can see, I have turned our friends here into three chickens. I really wanted to turn them into cats, because those are my favorite animals. But somehow I must have gotten something wrong. How silly of me, heeheehee!

u0IEIvz.jpg
So, if you manage to turn all three of these boring chickens into amusing cats, you've won the game and get the reward. The thing with the transforming is child's play. You only need to touch one of the animals, and it turns into another one at once.

u0IEIvz.jpg
The chicken is followed by a cat, then a dog and a pig after that, and to crown it all without peer, the final pat gets you a baby deer, heeheehee! When next the fawn you do touch, feathers follow and you hear "squawk, cluck". It's the easiest thing in the world, don't you agree?

SUj2akk.jpg
Chicken, cat, dog, pig, deer. It really doesn't seem to be so hard.

u0IEIvz.jpg
Stop stop stop! Not so fast! There's a teenytiny catch to this thing, otherwise it would be a pretty tiresome game. As soon as you transform one of the animals, the other two will change back to the previous level. So if one of them is already a cat and you touch one of the others, then the first one will change back into a chicken again.

u0IEIvz.jpg
If you manage to turn all three into cats at the same time, then you have won the game! You'll have it in no time, just wait and see! And now get to work on the transformations!

This is a p. fun riddle.

vCnKnRW.jpg

0GnzS1n.jpg

eBDMFv7.jpg

btqtx9J.jpg

4gf3mQB.jpg

wLoRyNj.jpg

1RLSw3R.jpg

Surprisingly, the leprechaun is also the one to solve Auralia’s alchemy quest.

PUUW7jF.jpg

u0IEIvz.jpg
If I really caused you so much trouble, then I'm sorry. Heehee! Very well, not really. But it was suuucchh a comical prank! You'll see, in a couple of divine cycles even you dimwits will be laughing about it! Besides, I have a little ... Oh, you'll see for yourselves when you return to your woodcutters' encampment!

SUj2akk.jpg
And what about the miniatures?

u0IEIvz.jpg
Oh, of course. I had almost forgotten about them. Here you are! A whole set of carved ivory Twelvegods figures for poor Mayor Dipwidge! Pity, now I have to see where else I can unearth some ivory.

SUj2akk.jpg
Now that you mention it, what do you need the ivory for, anyway?

u0IEIvz.jpg
I wanted to try a new alchemy recipe. Of course, I could conjure it all by magic, too. Heeheehee, but it wouldn't be the same!

SUj2akk.jpg
You are an alchemist?

u0IEIvz.jpg
So? What’s so strange about that?

SUj2akk.jpg
An alchemist called Auralia gave me this recipe. Something about it doesn't seem quite right.

u0IEIvz.jpg
Oh, really? Let me see that ... Hmmm ... I think I already see the problem. You just have to exchange this manticore sting with that there and then ... Hmm ... So, that can take a minute, it's not all that simple. Meanwhile, tell me something about this Auralia.

SUj2akk.jpg
I offered to have her work for me at my house in Ferdok. In return I'm supposed to find someone to help her with this recipe.

u0IEIvz.jpg
Is that right ... from Ferdok. That's interesting. Seems to be a pretty good alchemist if she has the wherewithal to work on recipes like this one. Maybe I should go visit her some time. I'll see ... Right now, though, I have other things to do.

u0IEIvz.jpg
So. There you are. It should work with this formula. Give my regards to Auralia, you know, like from alchemist to alchemist! And now I have to get busy with more important things. Farewell!

In the meantime, Rhulana can learn the very powerful Mortal Blow for her spear.

NSDJhVj.jpg

oUKGkY5.jpg

4mrmnQc.jpg

With Dipchit’s task done, Martin returns to Ferdok to wrap up Auralia’s quest.

On the way back to Ferdok is another random encounter.

fJSD0nT.jpg

There’s a conspicuous corpse on a grassy knoll, approaching it spawns some Orcs and an ogre.

bZAlXiL.jpg

Pnm2j3P.jpg

Further ahead are some giant scorpions.

6IcccF2.jpg

Back in Ferdok the leprechaun actually shows up too out of nowhere.

fOnZVPK.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I have brought you the recipe! The mistake has been corrected.

3zsoi8u.jpg
Really? You really did find someone who knew the answer to the mystery? Finally! This recipe will make me the greatest alchemist in the League of the Red Salamander! Tell me how you solved the riddle?

SUj2akk.jpg
You won't believe me, but a leprechaun knew the answer.

3zsoi8u.jpg
A leprechaun, I see. He must be a very clever little fellow.

u0IEIvz.jpg
Are you talking about me?

qoIgbrI.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Oh no, please no…

3zsoi8u.jpg
What a shock!

Ep5TgIt.jpg

3zsoi8u.jpg
Yes, I ... erm... yes I do. And who are you, if you don't mind me asking? Did you discover the secret of my recipe?

u0IEIvz.jpg
Yes! Haha, that was easy!

3zsoi8u.jpg
Easy, you say?! Well, thank you very much! But... but why are you here?!

u0IEIvz.jpg
Oh, I just wanted to see who such a funny recipe might belong to! Heeheehee, I thought you might have a lot of nice toys! I want them all! The funny glass things, the bright bottles, the cart, everything! Heeheehee!

3zsoi8u.jpg
This... this... is all a bit... erm, what can I say?... sudden! I am going traveling, but ... are you even able to take over my stall? And all these things... they have a rather considerable value...

u0IEIvz.jpg
... all more than covered by the recipe for the 'potion of power'! Heeheehee! And without me, you still wouldn't have the recipe! Alchemy is my passion, you know! So give me the pretty stand with all its pretty things! Heeheehee, and I'll give you the ingredient you still need!

3zsoi8u.jpg
Hmm ... well you're right. You do deserve a reward. Very well! It's a deal. My stand is yours. You certainly seem capable.

u0IEIvz.jpg
Yes, yes, yes! I am! I'm going to start playing right away! Heeheehee!

3zsoi8u.jpg
Well, Martin Schulz! It looks like there are no more reasons for us not to set off together.

Auralia will indeed be added to the party; Gwendala can stay home.

WbPEYqA.jpg

iswkyAf.jpg

3zsoi8u.jpg
Pfft, don't be so indulgent! I'm not that 'resourceful'. Things go wrong with my herbal experiments often enough. The fact that I spent a few years living in the jungle with one of the native tribes, and learned a few things about herbs and potions doesn't make me anything special.

3zsoi8u.jpg
Even the fact that I know a few words of their language just makes me a little strange or odd, at best. And now I've really got to get back to my potions. "Chsri tzaktz tuz Chrr, Frodk?" Perhaps now you'll believe that I really am very ordinary. Satisfied?

Auralia is crap at melee (funnily enough the axe/mace is her weapon of choice) but otherwise her stats are ridiculous.

8VG2CzH.jpg

5ZUmKy4.jpg

fy5gsc5.jpg

Sadly, the alchemist is not a full mage class so Auralia can’t for instance cast Fireball.

The “potion of power”, the reward for completing her quest, is complicated to make and kind of overkill.

5QTpAEk.jpg

Btw Mhanadistan, the nation where Auralia is from, is to the south east of Middenrealm, east of the Gorian desert. The Memoria protagonist is also from there.

lgB8vix.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
I've been reading this. It doesn't look too bad for a German game with likely a budget... Except for the real-time combat, of course.
Are there some choices and consequences in-game?
I tried checking your River of Time LP, but the images don't load.

Modron

Arcane
There is a decent amount of cnc in drakensang but the last 1/3 kind of devolves into big areas with lots of trash to clear and only a couple of quests per location. The River of Time is a marked improvement all around with lots more quests, more city maps, fewer trash mobs, lots of cnc, different quest lines depending on starting archetype and it maintains its quality throughout.

Drakensang is worth playing but it is kind of one of those games where if you've grown tired of it you probably aren't going to miss much if you shelve it and move onto the second game.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
It's indeed worth playing, but you're not going to miss much if go straight into the River of Time.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 50: Oakrich

It’s time to perform whatever Oakrich will propose.

qynh9Va.jpg

lFI4E9n.jpg

SCHqEvo.jpg
Haha! Just listen to him, as if it was such a simple thing! To be honest, I don't care a hill of beans what the Captain wants. But if you were to render a commensurate service, I would be willing to make a concession to the old warhorse in return.

SUj2akk.jpg
Very well. One hand washes the other. As our time is valuable to both of us, I ask you to keep it short. What do you want?

SCHqEvo.jpg
Good, good. Come a little closer, this concerns only the two of us ... Between you and me: It's about private family matters. My son has been having trysts with a common maidservant lately! I haven't heard anything from him since yesterday, and now am beginning to suspect that something might have happened to him.

SCHqEvo.jpg
Ask Mother Sweeting if she can give you any leads. As far as I know, her daughter is the brat that is stealing my son. Bring back my son alive, and the Captain can count on my vote.

SUj2akk.jpg
Agreed. I’ll see what I can do.

Mother Sweeting is in a small market not far away.

Y5VPXno.jpg

ol6aU5d.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Merchant Oakridge sent me. I would like to talk to you about your daughter. Or rather, about her and the merchant's son.

E4Vv8mB.jpg
My daughter? But ... she hasn't done anything. She has always been a good child. What does old Oakridge want with her?

SUj2akk.jpg
Is it true that his son and your daughter are secretly a couple?

E4Vv8mB.jpg
Yes, they are. I've told her over and over she should not get mixed up with that thoughtless lad, that it could never end well. His father would never consent to their marriage! Why doesn't he come himself, if he wants to cause trouble? He probably paid you to drive those two apart. Please, don't do anything to my daughter! She hasn't done anything wrong!

SUj2akk.jpg
You can put your mind at rest. No one wants to do you or your daughter any harm. I only wanted to know if you can tell me where they have been meeting of late. Merchant Oakridge, namely, is worried about his son because he hasn't seen or heard from him for an unusually long period of time.

E4Vv8mB.jpg
Niame thinks I'm stupid and don't know what she's up to all day. Nowadays they often meet at the old Boron's Field within the town walls, because it's always very quiet there and hardly anyone ever passes by there. Even as a small child, Ulfing was always fascinated by his ancestors' crypt. If the two of them have disappeared again, then they really can only be there.

It’s time for a short dungeon delving.

dBOFsWs.jpg

KRQDndl.jpg

Only a few steps in and skeletons attack. It’s been a while since these annoying enemies were last fought.

AWItYNK.jpg

2nPrnai.jpg

The siderooms are locked and trapped. Inside can be found pieces of a diary.

MBAXAph.jpg

o7tpE1M.jpg

2L9xOoV.jpg

tDFHGpc.jpg

And of course, skeletons spawn upon entering the room.

EyM0uDX.jpg

There five diary fragments in total.

1WZ5jJ3.jpg

9ArozPW.jpg

OtxFpcl.jpg

0duV9PG.jpg

Niame is in the room with the fifth and final fragment.

jdjXFvD.jpg

bVUOrzN.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Are you Niame? Your mother and the merchant Oakridge have sent me. What happened here?

OJCGQli.jpg
My mother? Really?! Thanks be to the Twelve! Please, you must help Ulfing! He's still down there, in the depths of the crypt! Suddenly all the corpses started creeping out of their graves everywhere, then Ulfing pushed me through the door and told me to run away and get help. But in my panic I got lost and had to hide here from those living horrors. I implore you, you must help him! Every moment could be too late!

SUj2akk.jpg
Don't worry, we'll find your sweetheart. But first, tell me what happened here!

OJCGQli.jpg
Too late! Praios protect us, here they come!

Niame needs to be protected from same waves of undead.

PSY6XUY.jpg

yU19NKF.jpg

YUOxBaL.jpg

mOZRRAF.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Just calm down now. Tell me exactly what happened again.

OJCGQli.jpg
It's all my fault. Ulfing suggested we leave Tallon. Because his father would never consent to him marrying me. But I didn't want to leave before we were joined as husband and wife. Ulfing had the idea of giving me a ring that he had found here.

SUj2akk.jpg
A ring? What kind of ring was it?

OJCGQli.jpg
It was the merchant's ring, the one who is buried here. Ulfing twisted it off his finger, even though I said he shouldn't do it, but he wouldn't listen to me. And when he took the ring from the hand, the merchant's corpse stood up and grabbed it. I was so shocked that all I could do was run away.

SUj2akk.jpg
Then we don't have any time to lose. Quickly now, where is Ulfing?!

OJCGQli.jpg
Ulfing was taken prisoner by that horrible monster. In the crypt with the iron gate. I have the key to it. Here, take it. And please, hurry!

It’s time to wrap chit up.

9t4im3m.jpg

p8nmFce.jpg

9ybFZj5.jpg

After reading every diary fragment the lich can be talked down.

ZUGJZsK.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Leave the boy alone at once!

VakfuNX.jpg
Why should I? It was he who did not leave me alone. So he will have to pay for it! His body should be an adequate price.

SUj2akk.jpg
I read your journal. I know about the time you came to Tallon.

VakfuNX.jpg
It happened a long time ago and now has no meaning anymore!

SUj2akk.jpg
No meaning? You found a home here after all. It must have had a lot of meaning for you at that time.

VakfuNX.jpg
You are right, there was a time when it was of utmost importance to me. But what do you know of that? I was on the run nearly all my life, just because of my striving for hidden knowledge. Everywhere they drove me away. Here my wife and I could start over. For the first time in my life I felt welcome somewhere.

VakfuNX.jpg
Anything else you wish to say, before I give this boy his just punishment?

SUj2akk.jpg
I know about the matter regarding Hesperia.

VakfuNX.jpg
Hesperia... Yes, after all these years the people still talk about her... The rumors about her being murdered will likely never really go away completely. As far as I know, she just disappeared one day.

SUj2akk.jpg
So, was doom averted by her death then?

VakfuNX.jpg
No, my wife died, and I followed her in death soon afterwards. It may have been even better, if Hesperia had exposed me. They would have condemned me, but they would not have been able to blame my wife. And the gods might have saved her then.

SUj2akk.jpg
I read about your ring.

VakfuNX.jpg
So now you want to steal my ring, too? Like this miserable worm here?!

SUj2akk.jpg
No, I don't want it. Just look what it did of you.

VakfuNX.jpg
My ring. It ... it cost me a great deal. Maybe too much. Sometimes I think I really should have listened to Dhana and spent less time in my laboratory. But if you had been able to feel the growing power and its promise ... I ... I don't know if I would be able to act differently if I had another chance to do it.

SUj2akk.jpg
You still want to bring back Dhana from the dead, do you?

VakfuNX.jpg
Of course! What else do you think has kept my spirit in this crypt for a century?

SUj2akk.jpg
Do you really want to kill your brother's descendant and his beloved, just to be united with Dhana again?

VakfuNX.jpg
Dolgon ... we hadn't seen each other for ages, and still he didn't hesitate to come to my aid when I lay dying. In my final days he did not leave my side. Why did it have to be one of his descendants who unleashed the power of the ring? Why not some other stupid mortal?!

SUj2akk.jpg
I’ve said what I had to say. Do you still want to rob the boy off his life?

VakfuNX.jpg
Don't you understand that it is all about my wife? If only you had known her, you would understand!

SUj2akk.jpg
If you adhere to your plan, you will doom yourself and Dhana for all time. Are you so selfish that you would expose your wife to eternal perdition just to have a few more years to spend with her?

VakfuNX.jpg
I, I... No! You are right, Dhana would never want any of this. I will resign myself to the mercy of the Gods. It's time for me to go.

The undead banish themselves and the dumbfukk is saved.

jsmm2M1.jpg

MFtLvrX.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
In the Oakridge family's crypt. The worst is over, Ulfing, you are saved.

VCFho3U.jpg
What? In my family's crypt? I... I remember again. The ring! And... and suddenly there were these undead and we... Niame! Where is Niame? What happened to her?!

WzZJZjy.jpg

b9BPxDF.jpg

VCFho3U.jpg
Oh, Niame! I was so worried about you! Many thanks, Martin Schulz! How could I be so careless and foolish? Niame nearly paid for it with her life!

SUj2akk.jpg
It's alright now. Hindsight is better than no insight at all. You had better stand your ground in the future instead of hiding in dark crypts.

VCFho3U.jpg
This is good advice. I'll go to my father at once and tell him to his face that I will marry Niame, whether he likes it or not. Life is more than just managing banal wealth.

At any rate, on the lich’s body is a powerfull staff.

cp97IGu.jpg

N1Oe2oQ.jpg

All that remains to do is leave the crypt.

RJNNnoh.jpg

NTXUgGG.jpg

1fcXrV9.jpg

SCHqEvo.jpg
An undead magician? Here, in Tallon?! You two will have to tell me all about that! Come on, Ulfing. And you, too, Niame and Mother Sweeting. I'm inviting you all to my house in celebration of the day, and we can talk about everything else there.

ZIwoyZ6.jpg

SCHqEvo.jpg
What precisely that means regarding you remains to be seen! First and foremost, you will get a just punishment, because you put yourself and others in danger. Mistress Sweeting and I were just sick with worry about you!

E4Vv8mB.jpg
Don't be too hard on the boy, esteemed Mr. Oakridge, after all, everything turned out well. And thank you for your invitation, but first I have to see to my market stall again. I'll come and join you in a couple of hours, the children will surely want to have a rest first.

SCHqEvo.jpg
Martin Schulz, you saved my son. I owe you my thanks. I'll keep my promise and give the Captain my vote. Farewell.

Now only one task remains.

U9UcpzL.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Convincing a lich to step down and take his final rest was quite a badass and Torment-esque moment.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 51: Marauders

The last task for the abbot is p. tame.

0yCZB1V.jpg

zdNRxUb.jpg

tNliopW.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
You're a member of the Town Council, aren't you? It's imperative that you allow the Captain to attack the ogre encampment!

oUAMpWi.jpg
Is that right. And why should I consent to that? There's a lot for the Guard to do in Tallon and the goblins don't pose an immediate threat to the town.

SUj2akk.jpg
It may be that the people within the town's walls are not directly threatened. A pity that no one here seems to be giving any thought at all to the people that live outside of the town's walls.

oUAMpWi.jpg
Of course, you are right about that as it is surely not the Gods' will if we let these people suffer. But I actually was just about to entrust the Town Guard with an essential task, which is of great importance to the security of Tallon's inhabitants If you would take care of this task for me, you would gain my consent.

SUj2akk.jpg
Very well, let’s hear it.

oUAMpWi.jpg
It looks as if a goblin has managed to enter the town and poison a well. Thanks be to Peraine, he was so clumsy about it that the first citizen to fetch water from the well noticed it at once. So no one has come to grief as yet. Nevertheless, the well still can't be used for the time being. I know a recipe that will get rid of the poison in the water. However, I'm missing a crucial ingredient.

SUj2akk.jpg
And which ingredient would that be?

oUAMpWi.jpg
It's a rather rare herb and only grows north of here, near an old, weathered door set into the side of the mountain. But leaving the safety of the town alone is too dangerous now for a simple Deont like me. So if you went in my stead and obtained the ingredient for me, I wouldn't need any Town Guards as my bodyguards any longer. Then I could consent to the Captain's plan with a clear conscience.

SUj2akk.jpg
An old door in the face of the mountain? Do you know anything else about it?

oUAMpWi.jpg
Have you seen the old tower up on the mountain? It rises up over our town almost directly opposite the entrance to the temple. To the northwest of Tallon there is a small ravine that has an ancient door set into the rock. If you ask me, I would say it must lead straight up to the tower. Quite impressive, considering that the actual tower is situated so high above Tallon.

oUAMpWi.jpg
The old mineshafts and passageways that must have been carved into the mountain to make it possible, lead to the conclusion that they must have been built by Dwarven hands. The entrance is said to have been locked for ages, and no one has been able to find out how to open it. But back to my missing ingredient: Will you look for it for me?

SUj2akk.jpg
So be it. I'll bring you the ingredient you need for the antidote.

The mandrake is near the place where previously the party was ambushed by harpies. Now, there are goblins.

CoBYHJl.jpg

wJ2xhMO.jpg

eVCUiq3.jpg

The mandrake is a quest item, it’s impossible to fail at picking it.

0VFSLtj.jpg

0uWGIVe.jpg

With all tasks completed finally the goblin vermin can be get rid of.

X2CddUY.jpg

rnOWFjj.jpg

The game has the decency to teleport the party to the entrance of the goblin camp.

48wY3U4.jpg

rWOh5mq.jpg

Dx4GLVh.jpg

bOyHluV.jpg
This Elf here claims to know you and wants to join us in fighting the ogre. I'm usually grateful for any kind of help, but his insolence could damage my men's battlefield morale.

SUj2akk.jpg
Ancoron, your revenge should be saved for the ogre, not the humans.

m0hGfhS.jpg
You are probably right about that. I'm sorry that I questioned your courage and that of your men, Captain! It would be an honor to fight at your side.

bOyHluV.jpg
Your apology is accepted, Ancoron. Let's not waste our energy with silly arguments, the true enemy awaits us down there!

SUj2akk.jpg
Then everything has been settled. Charge!

There are some waves of goblins to take care of. It’s recommended to use fireball as much as possible, even though it takes a long time to cast in combat.

LhXh1zh.jpg

DdxUQB9.jpg

X7Z5Oxq.jpg

whNkN7N.jpg

At long last, the vermin is taken care of.

78qDQeH.jpg

jjf4EIc.jpg

IgbUhie.jpg

bOyHluV.jpg
In any case he should ... where is he, by the way?

Ancoron ran off to attack three ogres on his own.

utPUuOD.jpg

N555KlW.jpg

What a fcuking moron.

pwid9C1.jpg

DsoHpDL.jpg

bOyHluV.jpg
My men and I will search the tents for any remaining Goblins, so you won't have them behind you. That way you might arrive in time to support Ancoron.

The plan here was to cast Sleep on the biggest ogre and quickly kill the two others with Mortal blow/Lunge/Tuskar. But things got a bit chaotic somehow when Gladys and Auralia wasted precious time with debuffs.

y4SO7Wy.jpg

JXT42KC.jpg

FLDtG8e.jpg

7XFWIlH.jpg

In the end, Martin is victorious.

kNCm9XY.jpg

TJTYhIL.jpg

bOyHluV.jpg
I'll return to Tallon immediately and bring the news to Mayor Dipwidge. Even if I don't expect any praise from him, it's you to whom he owes a reward, at the very least.

ptpFrMw.jpg

4HVT8fo.jpg

m0hGfhS.jpg
Well, however it happened, those bloodthirsty brutes have been destroyed. That's the important thing.

bOyHluV.jpg
Ancoron, today you not only avenged your tribe, but you also saved the citizens of Tallon from great evil. The Mayor will hear of it, as well.

bOyHluV.jpg
I wish you a lot of luck on your travels. See you soon! Back to Tallon, men!

Ancoron becomes another new party member.

5pQ1uht.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Well, Ancoron Falcontalon, are you satisfied now that you reached your goal?

m0hGfhS.jpg
I don't know. My kin was all I had. As long as this scum was still alive, I at least had a sense of purpose. But now that the atrocities done to my kin have been avenged, my life has no meaning.

SUj2akk.jpg
So join me then, Ancoron. Give your life a new meaning and follow me on the path of Hesinde's Oracle.

m0hGfhS.jpg
I don't care anything about your gods. As long as there are enough fiends and monsters to fight against, I'll be at your side.

For now, Ancoron can stay at Ardo’s house.

After this questline is finished Gladys gets Courage up to 15. Meaning soon she’ll learn Mortal blow.

UjQlhR9.jpg

msREv6O.jpg

Traldar has been ready for quite a while to learn Strike of wrath but the Tallon captain doesn’t teach it.

FaPJfv7.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
What a fcuking moron.

Yep, that was a retarded move, but funnily enough the game acknowledges it. By the way, is that from the overrated Goblin Slayer thing I heard about everywhere?

Also: Spaniard detected.

I don't care anything about your gods. As long as there are enough fiends and monsters to fight against, I'll be at your side.
For now, Ancoron can stay at Ardo’s house.

Such an edgy elf, one that is bald for once. Good thing he's not from DA Inquisition, these had downright hideous elves.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 52: Pig sty

A new sidequest triggers as soon as the next bridge is crossed.

dIaIzyr.jpg

z2NATIv.jpg

There’s a hapless peasant just chillin.

vKOf5b1.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
What happened to you?

kqOTJym.jpg
The beast ... it left all Rattle Farm in ruin... ever' last one of us had to flee ... I tumbled doon the hill and ... I ... me legs are broke fer sure.

3zsoi8u.jpg
[ Treat Wounds] Let me see ... Hmm, they aren't broken. At worst, they're sprained. Hold still and clamp your jaws together, I'll treat you your injuries.

kqOTJym.jpg
It's already better now. I be thinkin' I can walk the short way to Rattle Farm now. I be owin' yer my hearty thanks. Tell me if there be ever anythin' I can help yer with, yer be findin' me at Rattle Farm ... or wot's left of it. Mebbe there be others needin' my help there.

SUj2akk.jpg
It looks as if my help might be needed at the farm, too.

kqOTJym.jpg
Yer shud speak ter Farmer Groat, if he be still livin'. The farm be his. But if I know him, he be more carin' aboot his people ... not his ownings so much. Ye already saved me from death's claws, ter be sure, and he'll be mighty relieved aboot that, he be. But there's sure ter be others sore hurt and needin' help near the farm.

SUj2akk.jpg
Groat, you say? I'll go have a word with him.

The farm indeed got completely Skyrimmed.

dJOnn8l.jpg

T7vowqC.jpg

The owner, Groat, is still alive. Though he looks like a noble rather than a farmer. Also doesn’t use the retarted hick speech pattern.

jhzQAuv.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Are you Farmer Groat? I just found one of your farm workers.

Y9jY56m.jpg
Oh, really? Is he all right?

SUj2akk.jpg
His leg was hurt, and he could not stand up. But I was able to help him.

Y9jY56m.jpg
That was very kind of you, stranger. Here, take this as a sign of my gratitude.

SUj2akk.jpg
Can you tell me what happened here?

Y9jY56m.jpg
A terrible beast, a big, stinking wyrm suddenly charged out of the woods and went on a rampage here. It tore humans and pigs apart, laid the farm to waste and if that wasn't enough, there was a sudden fire, too. And then it vanished as quickly as it had come.

SUj2akk.jpg
Aren't you afraid that the beast might come back?

Y9jY56m.jpg
Of course I am. It did not meet any resistance here. When it gets hungry again, it will surely come back here.

SUj2akk.jpg
Looks like you are in real trouble.

Y9jY56m.jpg
You name it. Everything is gone! The farm is devastated, my farm workers are missing and that monster may attack again any time! Don't you want to help me? With your support we might be able to save Rattle Farm from total ruin!

SUj2akk.jpg
What is there to do then?

Y9jY56m.jpg
During the attack many of my farm workers ran away and haven't come back yet. It is not safe in the woods, and I am afraid they might have been attacked by wolves or fallen into the hands of roaming goblins. Please, search the woods for traces of my men and save them.

Y9jY56m.jpg
And then there is still the monster. Someone must find it and defeat it, otherwise our lives will never be safe here again. I know I'm asking a lot of you, but would you do that for me?

SUj2akk.jpg
Don’t worry, I will help you.

Y9jY56m.jpg
Really? You are most gallant indeed. So listen well then: Another great hero is in the vicinity as well, Knight Prancelot of Scufflewick. He was not here during the attack, he wanted to practice his combat skills alone in the woods. He said he needed solitude for that. Look for him to west of here. Maybe he saw the monster or can join you in battle.

Scufflewick was the loudmouthed braggart from Avestrue.

Y9jY56m.jpg
My men fled to the east. They were probably seeking shelter in the small ravine to the southeast. You had best start your search there. Wait, I will mark the ravine on the map for you.

SUj2akk.jpg
I will keep that in mind. Farewell. I will return as soon as I have news.

Scufflewick is just outside the farm, trying and failing to kill some level 1 monsters. The party arrives in time to save the poor level 0 retart.

S5t1WWw.jpg

pCxhKaK.jpg

qIx1pse.jpg

eaAiHJb.jpg
Oh! It's you! What brings you to this remote area?

SUj2akk.jpg
We came to help Rattle Farm.

eaAiHJb.jpg
A noble gesture, indeed. But I don't think that will be necessary. I, Prancelot of Scufflewick, have arrived to help these poor people here. I will confront the beast and vanquish it in honorable battle! You mean, exactly like I just rescued you from the fierce jaws of these wolves!

SUj2akk.jpg
Wasn't it actually I who just rescued you?

eaAiHJb.jpg
No, really. You don't have to thank me. But I must admit that you also fought bravely and well. That's why I'm going to make you an historical offer here and now: You may accompany me when I defeat the beast that destroyed Rattle Farm!

SUj2akk.jpg
Prancelot? Did you not hear what I said? You already had trouble with these two wolves. How do you plan on withstanding the beast?

eaAiHJb.jpg
Of course, it's very dangerous, but if you stay behind me as you should, then nothing can happen to you. Prancelot will protect you!

SUj2akk.jpg
Oh, never mind. You're not listening to me, anyway. Lead me to the place where you believe the beast is.

eaAiHJb.jpg
That's the right attitude! Then follow me, my faithful squire. Together we will face the beast at its dwelling place!

Along the way some goblins appear… Prancelot just runs off immediately as expected.

tXHaTsK.jpg

xptCOx0.jpg

8yaeZry.jpg

nmew1QZ.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I would like to endorse you, but during the battle I had the feeling that your heart wasn't in it ...

eaAiHJb.jpg
Not in it?! If I didn't know you better, I might come to the conclusion that you want to accuse me of cowardice! Of course, you couldn't see my daring diversionary tactic, which saved your life, by the way. The redpelts thought I was going to flee and in their confusion, they ran straight into your weapon. So you had an easy time of it, whilst I was forced to risk my life by turning my back on these monsters!

SUj2akk.jpg
If you say so. Could you please lead me to their cave now, Prancelot?

At any rate, entrance to the cave is blocked.

9pKBaWv.jpg

Dr0rSvg.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Oh, fiddlesticks, Prancelot. We can manage to clear away the rubble here, if we do it together.

eaAiHJb.jpg
Well, of course I'm a stalwart warrior and you, too, seem able-bodied enough for a squire. Nevertheless, we should save our strength for the battle with the massive beast. But do not despair: As always, Knight Prancelot already has a solution at the ready!

eaAiHJb.jpg
The brave farm workers from Rattle Farm! They can help us clear the entrance. After all, we are hunting down the beast on their behalf, as well. I'm sure that they are absolutely chomping at the bit and can't wait to join us in the battle against rubble and boulders. Go at once to Farmer Groat and explain our need to him!

It seems Martin must deal with the other issue first.

peE7DI7.jpg

Lq1pFPY.jpg

There’s a goblin camp not far from the cave. These goblins, at least, are peaceful.

SbaY6Af.jpg

iekH6vG.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I am looking for a group of farm workers. Their tracks lead here!

1yuHJ6I.jpg
You friend of other manlings? Then me follow to Treesha Suula.

SUj2akk.jpg
Treesha Suula?

1yuHJ6I.jpg
Treesha Suula big shaman! Lead us away from ogre. She out thinks good trick. She very wise. She already knows that come one for talk about captured manlings. She explain you all.

Unlike certain animu garbage, Dark Eye goblins do have females. In fact, goblins are the second most numerous race on the continent.

XQSa0PA.jpg

vwCBDT4.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Greetings, Treesha Suula, did this Malam Rekdai also tell you, that I came to set the farm workers free?

sS9Z91B.jpg
Malam Rekdai our mother. Is goddess. She come to me in vision and tell me you come and help us. We thankful then and let your friends go.

SUj2akk.jpg
Well then, I’ll listen.

sS9Z91B.jpg
Farmers here always have many pigs. You bring me five pigs and I let manlings go. We not want serve ogre longer. We flee and go back to homeland soon. Need pigs for that. Only then can make new herd, so tribe must not starve in winter!

SUj2akk.jpg
You fled from the ogre? We killed him.

sS9Z91B.jpg
Malam Rekdai blessed! Must be Orvai Kurim leader of your hand. Ogre made slaves of many tribes, made manlings hate us.

sS9Z91B.jpg
Then must bring us only three pigs. Take more time then until herd big, but not bad. Must be little reward for death of ogre.

SUj2akk.jpg
Three pigs? Farmer Groat should be able to bear that. We have a deal then!

Ip7bX4L.jpg

Well, at least there’s a peaceful solution here.

zrvT8JO.jpg

Y9jY56m.jpg
Goblins, you say? Just exactly what I needed. At least my men are still alive. Don't you think it would be possible to free them by force?

SUj2akk.jpg
I did not want to penalize their willingness to negotiate by shedding blood. This area has already seen enough death, don't you think?

Y9jY56m.jpg
You're certainly right about that. However, in my current situation the loss of another three pigs means a painful sacrifice. I have to compensate for it somehow. So be aware that it would reduce your reward by 15 ducats. In that case you may have the three pigs. Do you agree?

With Gladys in the party, anyone is easy to convince.

bEZxUUi.jpg
[Fast Talk] You put your property above the wellbeing of your farm workers and want me to pay the bill?

Y9jY56m.jpg
[Success] Yes, you are right. It might take me a few months to recoup the loss, but after all we are talking about the life of my men! Considering the damage caused by the monster, those three pigs won't make any difference.

Y9jY56m.jpg
Take the pigs right behind me. But make sure to keep them close to you. Once they start running, there will be hell to pay trying to herd them together again. Let's hope that the goblins will keep their word and really let my men go.

The might heroes are forced to herd some swine. Bloody typical.

BQ6UTvH.jpg

Zoja2ir.jpg

3KESp0N.jpg

Right on cue, some wolves appear chasing off the pigs.

DBXuBn1.jpg

nazZ2ft.jpg

The pigs get more skittish after dealing with the wolves but it’s not too hard driving them to the goblins.

tGxeFbQ.jpg

aCFKZKI.jpg

After this nonsense the farm workers are freed.

xFSWm62.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Yes, Treesha Suula, but are you going to fullfill your part of the deal?

sS9Z91B.jpg
Malam Rekdai right! You really saved life of clan. Other manlings now free. We not harm them. Mother and hunter bless you!

NLliSjL.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
You could help me clear a blocked cave entrance.

tUYZUP0.jpg
If there still be a horse or two at Rattle Farm and there be some tools not ruined in the fire, it shoud'na be a problem. We'll be goin' back to Rattle Farm now, so no one back there be aworryin' about us no more. Just talk ter Farmer Groat when yer be back to the farm. He can see ter it that sure all be prepared fer yer.

020scuZ.jpg

The first part of this sidequest is over.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 53: Stinking cave

Back at Rattle farm the peasants are sent off to clear the rubble. Even the wymyn go to lend a hand.

ZXgcllq.jpg

vOCE7Yg.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I found its cave, but the entry is partly blocked by debris and rubble. It's possible that it will be caught in there forever.

Y9jY56m.jpg
Really? I am afraid that we cannot depend on that. There will always be the concern that it might burrow its way out one day. I'll send my men, so they can help you to clear the entrance.

SUj2akk.jpg
All right. I'll meet your men at the entrance to the cave then!

vMHnh56.jpg

gefHKd0.jpg

EBgyH1e.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Have you seen Prancelot here?

tUYZUP0.jpg
Prancelot, the mighty warrior? Yeah! He couldna be stopped, wit' his zeal! Scarce had we cleared the last big boulder, he squeezed hisself through the hole like a rabbit and disappeared. Wot a hero!

SUj2akk.jpg
Prancelot already went ahead? Well, that's just dandy ...

The cave is aptly named “Stinking cave”. It’s a hint at what enemy awaits at the end.

3kR9D7y.jpg

jRc1goW.jpg

The main enemy inside is the crypt lice… those who played through Blackguards can appreciate how fun this enemy is to fight.

uPcIZa6.jpg

pSHPNZL.jpg

There are amoebas too but they will actually get attacked by the crypt lice and most of them killed off.

kb3hgkp.jpg

Z95lJPJ.jpg

At the end of the cave, the party is in time to see Prancelot get oneshotted.

1X6aZgF.jpg

58ftGCx.jpg

NvMfuBZ.jpg

Td2oCAa.jpg

OBrqk8F.jpg

g1s9WOL.jpg

qrlrBBF.jpg

qB1wuuo.jpg

eSlcFxR.jpg

This enemy is a lesser wyrm called a Tatzelwurm, a Linnorm is perhaps its D&D equivalent.

sHPCwoM.jpg

The linnorm is not that dangerous in melee, its main weapon is its stinking breath that basically serves as a Tlaluc’s pestilential breath spell.

gWsApMM.jpg

7u9ITpv.jpg

The breath attack does damage, causes Rotting stink effect (-3 CH) and can cause unconsciousness. Drinking a potion of courage makes one immune to unconsciousness.

EjQVT7f.jpg

w7rWP8f.jpg

When the linnorm is slain, his head can be taken off.

6p2MMb8.jpg

hGrxvFa.jpg

6E6xXbo.jpg

Past the linnorm is the true reward: a skeleton with good loot.

otgzsjp.jpg

V4RQVkq.jpg

5yhyWvE.jpg

7rzYxWM.jpg

So that is the end of this sidequest.

s0qzYc2.jpg

bEZxUUi.jpg
[Haggle] When I accepted the task, I didn't know yet that the beast was a linnorm! I think I've earned a bit more.

Y9jY56m.jpg
[Success] Very well. You are right. For defeating the beast inspite of the horrible stench you shall get another 20 gold ducats in addition to the 100 gold ducats. Here is your money. Anything else I can help you with?

Somehow Prancelot survived.

jpV1utx.jpg

r3ODPVs.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
What have you been telling these people, Prancelot?! You're adorning yourself with borrowed feathers? Are you feeling all right?

eaAiHJb.jpg
No, no. No false modesty, Martin Schulz! You have earned your rightful place in my chronicle of heroic deeds fairly. Alright, I admit I embellished your participation a bit overmuch in some places, but that's just how the great Prancelot is at times. My aides shall also partake of my immeasurable fame.

SUj2akk.jpg
Prancelot, you're not even listening to me, are you?

eaAiHJb.jpg
So it goes, people will be singing my praises for many years, my friends. And yours, too, of course! I'll make sure of that, have no fear. Naturally, you won't be included in the refrain, but in at least three ... let's say two verses.

SUj2akk.jpg
And then the beautiful fairy queen said to us: Please, spare my life, and I'll tell you where the key to the Cloud Kingdom's treasure is hidden!

eaAiHJb.jpg
And paintings, my friends! Just wait until the Emperor gets wind of the matter, I'll be summoned to Gareth and a large canvas of me will be painted! Of course, I'll describe to the painter what you look like, I'm sure there will be room for you in the background, too. Fame awaits us, my friends. Fame, that you cannot even begin to imagine!

Actually, at the time there was no Emperor but an Empress… not sure whether Prancelot is that much of an imbecile or it’s a mistake from the developers.

SUj2akk.jpg
I'm beginning to think you live in a parallel universe.

eaAiHJb.jpg
And a statue of me will be erected in Tallon. I'm afraid that there will only be room enough for my likeness on the pedestal, but we can always have your name engraved on it. What do you say, Martin Schulz?

SUj2akk.jpg
I'm simply not getting through to you. Farewell, Prancelot!

It’s time to return to the main quest.

60XUvcm.jpg

GDZFpFS.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
In German he's called Parzalon von Streitzig and House Streitzig is an existing noble house.

Tye3x7n.jpg

However in the prequel he's just a random peasant who found a magic helmet of some sorts.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 54: Prenn’s Grove

Megalon is on the stone bridge leading to Prenn’s grove.

nlafsUA.jpg

QcdB24r.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
What are you doing here?

rGr6mvv.jpg
I'm watching the events happening in this valley, which is stricken with terror. Really interesting, this mixture of pain, fear, and disorientation, don't you agree?

SUj2akk.jpg
Interesting? I would call it appalling. Don't you feel pity for these poor people here?

rGr6mvv.jpg
Pity? No! As a researcher I always have to make an effort to keep an impartial eye on the objects of my studies. Base emotions would only influence my observations and distort the results.

SUj2akk.jpg
Who are you?

rGr6mvv.jpg
I? Just an explorer. I explore the essence of mankind and of other amimals.

SUj2akk.jpg
What do you mean? Humans are no animals.

rGr6mvv.jpg
Oh they are much more like them than you believe. Full of the most primitive instincts, stifled by the breath of anxiety... and what they call reason is in fact so unbelievably dull and lazy that a brilliant mind is pained by the sight.

SUj2akk.jpg
You have a very dark view of humans. Well, what have you discovered so far then?

rGr6mvv.jpg
Based on my long years of study, I can tell for example that you are more afraid of me more than I am of you.

SUj2akk.jpg
Hardly! I am a Dragon Quest Challenger and you are just a... man with a horned helmet.

rGr6mvv.jpg
Isn't it fascinating how easily sluggish minds exhibit behavior designed to impress - and what an effort to think. Well, I don't want to take up your time any longer.

7aiXvDE.jpg

As soon as the group sets foot on the stone bridge, a/the dragon comes flying over and light up Prenn’s grove.

k2Kx3EK.jpg

siGznwq.jpg

FG56w8a.jpg

W66eSGo.jpg

ufXwGT0.jpg

qXeWLx9.jpg

wmyZ3WK.jpg

53bqAxA.jpg

At Prenn’s grove are some Dwarven brehs.

Q6Q44sW.jpg

14cVaTY.jpg

6BQnj4F.jpg

EthFPlV.jpg
What a monstrosity. My father will be proud of me, when I bring him that carbuncle jewel!

aeNVsaS.jpg
And how do you intend to do that, Prince Arom? The dragon is gone, he could strike anywhere next!

EthFPlV.jpg
I've said it before. Dragons are all alike.

EthFPlV.jpg
This one here will have his lair at the exact same spot where my ancestors killed the last dragon in this valley.

EthFPlV.jpg
On the mountain next to the city of Tallon! I'd bet my coat of chainmail on it.

EthFPlV.jpg
We only need the key disc, which my ancestors left in the care of this monastery, to unlock the way to the den.

EthFPlV.jpg
In your capacity as scribbler ... err, archivist, you will surely have knowledge of that, right?

bQVMIhj.jpg

aeNVsaS.jpg
Perhaps I could have found a clue in the monastery archives. But alas! All of our records were destroyed in the fire.

EthFPlV.jpg
Confound it, so the accursed dragon triumphs in the end, after all ...

BryRwKB.jpg

8dzpiFO.jpg
I have discovered the location of the Stone Disc, and the reason why no efforts were undertaken to find it again.

EthFPlV.jpg
And who are you, Bigling? Go on, talk!

8dzpiFO.jpg
My name is Gerlin, great Prince. I'm an envoy on behalf of Count Growin of Ferdok. I am here to meet a delegation from Murolosh.

8dzpiFO.jpg
I wouldn't have thought that the King would send his own son. It is an honor.

EthFPlV.jpg
Look, my friend, I'm not here as a mediator, but as a dragon hunter. I don't know anything about any negotiations with the Count.

EthFPlV.jpg
But if you can help us slay the beast, then out with it.

EthFPlV.jpg
It is humans who allowed the key to the dragon's lair to disappear. So it is only right for the humans to get it back again.

gG99XYx.jpg

B38MV7i.jpg

dHQXdmW.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Just in time? In time for what, Master Gerlin?

8dzpiFO.jpg
Well, as you may have noticed, I met a group of dragonslayers here in place of the expected delegation. Although these Dwarves have not come to negotiate with me for days, they may nevertheless open the gates to Murolosh for us. I would need your help for that, though.

SUj2akk.jpg
How exactly could I be of help?

8dzpiFO.jpg
It is said that you came across this terrible beast once before. Prince Arom and his warriors have come here to slay the dragon as well. Together you may be victorious - and we would be honored by being invited to Murolosh. But the way to the dragon's lair leads through a tower, to which the key was lost a long time ago by the Deonts of the temple here.

8dzpiFO.jpg
You must find the key if you want to slay the dragon. According to my studies I do indeed believe I know where the key is. If that were the only problem in this valley, though...

SUj2akk.jpg
Tell me more about all that you know.

8dzpiFO.jpg
The series of dark events began, when some one hundred years ago a merchant by the name of Oakridge came to Tallon and settled there. He made a small fortune selling apple wine and soon became an important man in the town. Nobody suspected, however, that this man was actually a necromancer, an unscrupulous summoner of the dead. He studied corpses in a depraved way and spent his nights studying black magic.

8dzpiFO.jpg
He conducted his research, however, not in Tallon itself, but in a small cave northwest of Prenn's Grove. It should not be left unsaid, however, that he never verifiably used his power to harm other people. Apparently, it was the thirst for power and knowledge for their own sake that drove him. Anyhow, one day his studies took him to the Dwarven Tower and to the secrets hidden inside.

8dzpiFO.jpg
The merchant was well respected by the priests of Peraine in nearby Prenn's Grove, and one of the priests seems to have been a co-conspirator. In the end, the merchant asked this man to steal the stone disc, the key to the tower. But, presumably, the same night that the crony carried out the theft the necromancer fell victim to the blue croup. Perhaps the goddess' punishment...

8dzpiFO.jpg
All trace of the thief and the disc have been lost since that time. I assume that the Deont took the disc to the cave, where he found his master no longer alive, but his minions instead, who were all the more un-alive. You should start your search in that cave. I will mark it on your map so you may find it more easily. But be careful...

SUj2akk.jpg
I won't let that scare me, I'll begin my search right away.

yUizwA3.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I want to join you in the battle against the dragon. The more arms wielding a weapon, the better.

EthFPlV.jpg
Being a dragonslayer is no bed of roses, boy. But if you bring me the disc, you shall fight at our side, too. I will go on and set out with my warriors to the tower's entrance northwest of Tallon. Meet us there when you have found the disc, and then the dragon will meet his match, as sure as my name is Arom son of Arombolosh!

SUj2akk.jpg
You are the Mountain King's son?

EthFPlV.jpg
Yes, Mountain King Arombolosh is my father. He has been dwelling within the halls of Murolosh for centuries. But the Dwarven kings are different from the human rulers. The royal family serves the people, not vice versa. This is why I'm taking part in this hunt. I cannot exactly command anyone - particularly not ingenuous Biglings - to fight against the beast.

SUj2akk.jpg
Tell me about Murolosh, the Dwarven city!

EthFPlV.jpg
It is the jewel of the mountain. From the outside, not much more than a gate in the rock, but its tunnels and caves stretch over many miles deep into the heart of Aventuria. The light of shining lamps and blacksmiths' fires is reflected on stone and refracted by crystals. The Angroshim's busy hustle and bustle echoes from the walls. If we should survive this battle, you must come to the halls of Murolosh and visit me and my father.

SUj2akk.jpg
How do you plan to vanquish the dragon?

EthFPlV.jpg
Our tactics have been tried and tested for thousands of years. Once we have weakened the monster, I will give the signal to my followers. They will finish the dragon with the long Dragonslayer Spear. Then its image too will decorate our trophy weapons.

SUj2akk.jpg
How did you hear about the dragon? The Town Council of Tallon could barely even acknowledge that such a dangerous creature like that was around at all.

EthFPlV.jpg
The High Priest of Angrosh in Murolosh, Xolgorax, had a dream in which he saw Tallon going up in flames. A long time ago we made a pact with the humans here that we would fight at their side any time the nefarious dragon creatures raised their scaled heads. So I came here with my most trusted brothers-in-arms to slay the monster. And as things look now, we didn't get here a minute too soon.

Dwarves in general are very difficult to pickpocket (DC 15) for a human, likely due to their short statue, but Arom carries some very good stuff.

SvCwS1m.jpg

6SzyOHZ.jpg

The area around the necromancer’s cave is guarded by swarms of harpies.

Uvch3oi.jpg

qygxpvw.jpg

Inside the cave, in the first area is a spider’s nest with many spiders to be fought.

FhXL41w.jpg

At this point though, Rhulana can practically one-shot the big spiders with her spear.

RcdjXZC.jpg

olQu3L2.jpg

Past a door leading deeper into the cave are undead.

hzQUDjL.jpg

RD6GxhU.jpg

At the bottom of the cave is Meredin, the Tallon lich’s accomplice. He has many guards, some mages and several crossbowmen.

EH68acD.jpg

Meredin himself stays put, so it’s best to lure his guards away from him.

Byxqbhl.jpg

On his own, Meredin can’t do much.

ME12Fjz.jpg

Meredin drops both the Dwarven key and a suit of armour.

z8NQNLe.jpg

1Zqbsff.jpg

3f8j2R9.jpg

Back outside, the bridge to Tallon will be conveniently fixed. No longer any need to take the long way around.

njWbzrX.jpg

A worker on the bridge hints at another sidequest.

VcRO8tw.jpg

Dipchit is up to no good.

yjCbEL1.jpg

08vxXX6.jpg

oxyi7QI.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
How can they possibly sacrifice you to this beast?! I will never allow this atrocity to be carried out!

zK5TRG6.jpg
It was the Mayor's idea, he's afraid that the beast will attack and devastate Tallon. Persuade him that you can take care of the beast by yourself, then he'll surely spare me!

SUj2akk.jpg
Very well, I’ll talk to the mayor.

The Tallon captain is near, useful as some party members needed training.

rsmhkZF.jpg

0LZLfVT.jpg

e9kg1SG.jpg

wJC7H8M.jpg

V2vKVlV.jpg

This time there’s no Persuasion check to make Dipchit snap out of it.

wyPibYx.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Because of this virgin sacrifice ...

Q94X9JF.jpg
The Council unanimously decided to appease the beast by sacrificing a virgin. Only then will it spare Tallon.

SUj2akk.jpg
You cannot do this! That will never stop the beast! Put an end to this farce and let the poor girl go. I will release Tallon from this threat!

Q94X9JF.jpg
You?! How do you plan to deal with this monster alone?

SUj2akk.jpg
I defeated the linnorm.

Q94X9JF.jpg
These are all your heroic deeds?

SUj2akk.jpg
I slew the ogres.

Q94X9JF.jpg
You are right. I trust you, you have already accomplished much. Captain, let the virgin go. Now the fate of Tallon rests upon your shoulders, Martin Schulz. If you should fail, Tallon will fall too.

1brvWLx.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I would never have permitted it, fair maiden.

It is now time to meet up with the Dwarves at the entrance to their tower.

sWdQWVW.jpg

Uu9ywwr.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you don't talk to the mayor, can the girl get eaten by the dragon? It would give a nice touch to the scene.

lightbane

Arcane
The game is pushing the "chivalrous knight in shining armor" quite strongly, complete with the literally shining gold magical armor adapted for any class, even what-would-be wimpy wizards.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
The game is pushing the "chivalrous knight in shining armor" quite strongly, complete with the literally shining gold magical armor adapted for any class, even what-would-be wimpy wizards.
I do appreciate how despite this fact the game somehow manages to retain this down-to-earth feel.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 55: Japhgur

The only thing left to do in Tallon is slaying the dragon with the Dwarves’ help.

zMvsilt.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Yes, here it is.

JGqVyS9.jpg
Angrosh's Hammer! It is indeed. Now this cursed dragon is in for it. Martin Schulz, you are worthy to fight along with us, the Angroshim, against the Purplewyrm. Gortoscha mortomosch!

JGqVyS9.jpg
Take the stone disc, insert it into the portal and open it with it. Now onward to the tower!

XVl0sQN.jpg

YbFnf63.jpg

On top of the tower is some useful chit.

DpheAOh.jpg

JGqVyS9.jpg
Before we face the beast, however, you should make some preparations. We brought this chest from Murolosh. It contains burn salves and other things that will be useful in our fight against the dragon. Help yourself.

The burn salve is rather useful when fighting a dragon. The helm can be worn by Forgrimm later.

gZFjf8I.jpg

e0dlCVp.jpg

The view is also rather nice.

6tRHNnK.jpg

On the way to the dragon are a lot of harpy swarms to be fought.

2u4QTHn.jpg

Q1pnll0.jpg

Arom becomes a temporary part member, meaning Traldar is uncontrollable. Rather inconvenient.

cXjr2HR.jpg

TNVlfdR.jpg

XpDEmTw.jpg

50QvM0r.jpg

KN5G0gp.jpg

h2suLtS.jpg

3XLEzgx.jpg

qSFcHDX.jpg

Just before the dragon’s lair Megalon shows his face for the last time.

ZVa4btp.jpg

2GEfTnZ.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
So you knew that this dragon would attack Prenn's Grove? Why didn't you do anything?

rGr6mvv.jpg
It is not my role to interfere with these matters. We all play our part in this world. You may feel the urge to get into the limelight onstage and influence the outcome of the play. Mine, on the other hand, is the role of a spectator. Or a witness, if you prefer that term.

rGr6mvv.jpg
For my research it was of utmost importance for the attack to happen unexpectedly. That way I could observe the effects of sudden, unforeseen terror. If I had warned the people, their fear would have built slowly and the result would have been different.

SUj2akk.jpg
So what are you looking for here now? Do dragons feel fear too?

rGr6mvv.jpg
I do not think that there is any living being on Ethra that is unable to feel fear. Yes, dragons can feel fear as well, and this one especially so.

SUj2akk.jpg
You seem to know more about this beast. What can you tell me about it?

rGr6mvv.jpg
The creature is a draco magento, a purplewyrm. Fairly young, I would guess. Ten feet long, with six legs and blue-black scales. It seems to be driven by madness, fear and fury.

Ten feet? More liek ten yards.

rGr6mvv.jpg
Its outlandish rampaging and enormous powers must evoke the deepest existential fear in humans. Believe me, usually, dragons are too intelligent to kill humans at random, as worthless as they may be. Hm, maybe this one is in in a mating mood.

SUj2akk.jpg
Do you know how I can fight the dragon?

rGr6mvv.jpg
With a lot of frivolousness and a death wish. Oh, forgive an old man's sense of humor. Your courage , which is born of desperation is endearing.

rGr6mvv.jpg
Only a fool would try to fight a dragon alone. It is too strong and too clever a foe. The creature's belly is not as well-protected as its head and back. Also keep close watch on the flaming breath coming out of its maw, it can easily destroy you. Chonchinis salve helps against those kinds of burns. I could sell you some - and other gems from herbalism and the magical arts.

XxYsYjg.jpg

After Megalon it’s straight ahead to the dragon.

sWdvWfM.jpg

p6XjKfe.jpg

CQhzEgD.jpg

The dragon immediately roasts Arom’s friends.

mg76xFA.jpg

ULMjYcL.jpg

imbuXDh.jpg

Z6hqZFg.jpg

OVlbei5.jpg

xO609yp.jpg

The dragon’s most dangerous weapon is the fire breath; the burn salve removes the burning effect. Otherwise the dragon attacks with his wings mostly, and has also a mass knockdown attack.

oUugXQE.jpg

Since Traldar was uncontrollable he was knocked out after a while, but the djinn did good damage. Martin merely contended himself with keeping Rhulana and Arom alive and occasionally casting Thunderbolt. Gladys occasionally used a Mortal blow on the dragon.

2rkMK50.jpg

1YN3lHu.jpg

The dragon is harder than the linnorm, mostly because of its much higher HP.

ad7S0nk.jpg

kOCd2Dz.jpg

WRMjzP0.jpg

The dragon leaves behind a lot of spoils.

nET9RzL.jpg

1GDLOTv.jpg

ZnpXCl7.jpg

F7VrGh8.jpg

The dragon has two unique components on its body: a sinew and a tooth. They can be used to create one strong weapon.

S1PkirN.jpg

The wyrm spear on the dragon’s body looks kinda gud.

wCAVqeh.jpg

Arom’s last gift is some recipes to create dragon related weapons and potion.

I9VigGg.jpg

JGqVyS9.jpg
This carbuncle stone from the dragon's skull is the monster's greatest treasure! It's in our hands now! As is our tradition, I will place the carbuncle at the feet of Mountain King Arombolosh, so he may see that there is one less soldier in the dragons' ranks.

JGqVyS9.jpg
We, the dragonslayers have learned to create weapons and potions of great power from the remains of the wyrms. I wish to share this secret knowledge with you as thanks for your support. In this script you will find all you need to know about crafting new armor from Japhgur's remains.

JGqVyS9.jpg
I will leave for Murolosh at once. It would honor me if you accompanied me on my journey. If you should still have tasks to complete here in Tallon, I will go to the town with you and continue my journey alone. In that case, however, I would feel honoured if I could welcome you at the gates of Murolosh later!

The bow is superior to the crossbow; the saber is better than the spear as it’s Martin’s weapon of choice.

kS9ltuC.jpg

gtAVYFG.jpg

zHKCaeP.jpg

uh6Ow58.jpg

There’s also another OP potion.

qde2G1T.jpg

Murolosh is now unlocked but there’s still some things left to do in Ferdok.

IM1pGAv.jpg

Y0TT9Pu.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
I do appreciate how despite this fact the game somehow manages to retain this down-to-earth feel.

That's probably due the fetch/side-quests being like that, while the main story is seemingly more heroic in nature. It also helps that unlike Bioware titles your comrades don't seem to be pestering you to act as their psychiatrist at every opportunity.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 56: Return to Ferdok IV

Back in Ferdok Forgrimm rejoins the party. Also, Dranor will join for a little while.

5sRsi7i.jpg

Forgrimm crafts the Saber of the Wyrm.

hBbWEZ7.jpg

gJsS0D5.jpg

Rhulana will occasionally use the Bow of the Wyrm.

Y1jGkfR.jpg

B8Ay5O4.jpg

4EBZDOd.jpg

With the dragon’s head in inventory, there’s an option of decoration for Ardo’s house.

pLPWxns.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Haha ... calm yourself my dear Muddlemosh! It really is a dragon's head! I was able to slay the marauding Jagphur with the help of the Dwarven Prince Arom and his Dragonslayers. The beast was threatening Tallon and actually burned the holy site of Prenn's Grove to the ground!

kRvGTFL.jpg
Fantastic! I have to admit I would barely believe it if you hadn't dragged the head here as proof. You must tell me later of all your adventures with Prince Arom! I will take care of your trophy. It should go well on the front of the house so everyone knows you're a true dragonslayer!

CCkWi1n.jpg

The only sidequest that remains in Ferdok is the Ardo murder quest. There’s a final job for the Stoerrebrandts.

dYCEJ1J.jpg

rsjpOTX.jpg

SftzY3E.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Yes sir, that is correct. What happened? Why is everyone running around like this?!

YaNBmCQ.jpg

4kPrvxv.jpg

18RJqoS.jpg
Reginald was to meet with Vito Neisbeck in front of the gates of the Temple of Praios.

18RJqoS.jpg
The entire thing turned out to be a trap! Initiated by Vito Neisbeck and carried out by that Tashman chap.

18RJqoS.jpg
Reginald had brought only few people to protect him, because the meeting was to take place at the sacred Temple of Praios.

18RJqoS.jpg
But all of his companions were led away by the Town Guard under false pretences.

18RJqoS.jpg
That brute of a Head Guardsman stops at nothing, not even the most heinous deed, for money.

STGaKVX.jpg

J9Xczkb.jpg

S9mTjaT.jpg

ZuqSpZT.jpg

18RJqoS.jpg
Now I need your help!

SUj2akk.jpg
Of course I will help you. What can I do for you?

18RJqoS.jpg
Many thanks! My son saw you as a friend, as do I... Call me Emmeran.

18RJqoS.jpg
Tashman must have thought that he could keep this cowardly murder secret. He tried to get out of his predicament with more lies, but it's not that easy. We at Stoerrebrandt also have many eyes and ears... and there were witnesses. Now the town guard is after the former head guardsman... But he has gone to ground.

18RJqoS.jpg
He can't have left Ferdok. All the city gates are being checked. According to my information, there is only one way for him to flee the city... across the Great River.

18RJqoS.jpg
Find him for me! Search for Tashman. He must not leave Ferdok! If you find him, do not kill him. You can break every bone in his body, but leave him alive. I need him as a witness against Ulwina Neisbeck. I will destroy the dastardly House of Neisbeck if it is the last thing I do!

SUj2akk.jpg
It would be an honor to help in Reginald's memory!

18RJqoS.jpg
I expected nothing less of you, Martin Schulz.

18RJqoS.jpg
Your first contact is one of my informants. His name is Calandor Cupinez. He has a market stall not far from the wharf. He sees everything that happens on the Great River.

Cupinez gives Martin the name of a people smuggler.

TeCkTKw.jpg

QmaES8k.jpg
For the right money, she finds people quiet spots between the sacks and crates of the cargo ships. Your man will have to talk to her if he wants to escape Ferdok by river.

In Wagoner’s home Tashman is with the smuggler but he manages to slither away by sacrificing his cronies.

lYvg0bC.jpg

The smuggler can be rudely interrogated to betray Tashman.

1OnHSgC.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
The 'Horasia', you say?! Gods protect you if he gets away!

At last, that annoying arse Tashman can be dealt with.

4mbKY2t.jpg

lf11OAy.jpg

Doesn’t this guy look like Josh Soywer?

SUj2akk.jpg
It looks like your ship has sailed!

gPX3cgh.jpg
Wait, I know you! Yes, of course. Martin Schulz... what do you want?

SUj2akk.jpg
I'm arresting you for murder! Come quietly! I'm taking you to the town guard!

gPX3cgh.jpg
For murder! Haha... Don't make me laugh... You can't pin the death of Ardo of Boarstock on me... Ridiculous!

SUj2akk.jpg
Ardo?! What did you rats have to do with my friend's murder? I'm here because of Reginald Stoerrebrandt!

gPX3cgh.jpg
What? I... What I meant... was...

SUj2akk.jpg
Speak Tashman, while you still can! Your lies won't save you this time!

gPX3cgh.jpg
You can join your friend in hell! It wasn't personal. He was sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. You don't do that to the Neisbecks!

SUj2akk.jpg
That’s why you killed him?

gPX3cgh.jpg
No... I didn't touch your friend. I just helped to make it look like one of those ritual murders.

SUj2akk.jpg
You're a rat, Tashman. Your kind are a cancer on this town! Speak... Who killed Ardo?

gPX3cgh.jpg
Yandric?

Unexpectedly another petty villain comes crawling out of the woodwork.

2eIKaUs.jpg

E10NVQW.jpg

CVMvB9a.jpg

hPrf2Z4.jpg

czWYVAl.jpg
You seem to forget that the House of Neisbeck never involves more people in their plans than is absolutely necessary.

czWYVAl.jpg
Hmmm ... no. Even you can't be that forgetful! Whatever the case may be 'Leo', you just can't seem to keep quiet now, can you?

czWYVAl.jpg
But then you go and forget the most important details ... The part about how this 'Ardo of Boarstock' suffered before I tore his heart out...

czWYVAl.jpg
Strange ... I had hoped that he would scream and beg for his mangy life ...

czWYVAl.jpg
I made his death a slow and painful affair, but he didn't make the slightest noise ....

czWYVAl.jpg
But- enough of these lovely memories! Perhaps I can achieve with you, what I failed to do to your little friend ...

Yandric lobs a fireball out of nowhere, killing the pathetic Tashman immediately. Of course, Martin and his party aren’t level 1 phaggets. Yandric lasts about five seconds.

C1GB2AR.jpg

viu3yEA.jpg

Yandric drops off in the water upon being defeated. An important detail is perhaps that “Auris Nasus Oculus” that he cast is an illusion spell.

lRGXQFN.jpg

ntr7oom.jpg

fYuftwD.jpg

v2HhDRv.jpg

KwaeEd6.jpg

The Stoerrebrandt questline is now officially over.

AkfAd0j.jpg

GwK4B14.jpg

K3mNYMQ.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
Yes, unfortunately the matter with Tashman didn't quite end as planned.

18RJqoS.jpg
Tell me! What happened?

SUj2akk.jpg
I was able to track him down in Wagoner's Home and I followed him to the harbor. We were surprised there by Ulwina Neisbeck's magician. He killed Tashman. It seems the Neisbecks are involved in more than just the murder of your son. Even my friend Ardo of Boarstock was a victim of the House of Neisbeck!

18RJqoS.jpg
Tashman is dead... but justice is not served! As you say, he was just a puppet of the Neisbecks, I'm sure of it. His death means I will never be able to prove it. These cursed Neisbecks. Those worms always manage to slither out of the knots they tie themselves into.

SUj2akk.jpg
I am sorry. Can I do anything else for you?

18RJqoS.jpg
No, not right now. Here is payment for your services so far. I shall withdraw for a while. I need to make the arrangements for my son's funeral.

SUj2akk.jpg
Do that, but know also that I feel it is my duty to bring Ulwina Neisbeck to justice. That witch has spread enough of her evil. She must pay for her misdeeds.

18RJqoS.jpg
Ah, you remind me very much of my son. He would fight by your side if he still lived. When you are ready to act, go to the Neisbeck offices. That is where Ulwina spends most of her time. Good luck, Martin Schulz!

YhOIsgD.jpg

Before dealing with Neisbeck, Martin will visit Murolosh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom