Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I'm 18 hours into the game, and it just started crashing randomly. It crashes to the desktop with no warning or anything.
Weird, I've only had one ctd in over 300 hours of gameplay. I assume you've already checked the most obvious causes, like running a memtest and reinstalling the game?

Gord

Arcane
I'm 18 hours into the game, and it just started crashing randomly. It crashes to the desktop with no warning or anything.
I'm running the latest version and don't really know what to do at this point.

If you recently updated e.g. the GPU driver, you could try rolling it back to an older version.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I'm running the latest version and don't really know what to do at this point.

Also, that quest the herbalist near Uzhits gives you must be one of the funniest things I've ever had to do in an RPG.

Try older save, gpu drivers, check your cpu and gpu temps, verify install cache

GrainWetski

Arcane
New Vegas being in a desert suffers from the same narrow FOV problem, all the more that Bethesda traditionally have a very narrow FOV, probably in order to keep the scene smaller so consoles have less of a problem rendering it. New Vegas inherits Bethesda's default FOV, which was something like 70-75, correct me if I'm wrong.

In a wide open area, you would normally look around as you walk forward, just to maintain awareness. It's no problem doing this in a game as well, but with the narrow FOV of a first person game, you have to do it all the more often.
If only you could change the FOV yourself or something.

Oh well, we'll never be able to do that in games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That classifies pretty high on the retarded scale.

Unless you are one-eyed IRL you should know there is a difference between increased FOV ingame and your FOV IRL.

SlamDunk

Arcane
So I started playing this, at what do you guys start doing side quests? It seems like the main quest pretty much take up all the time.
I began sidequesting quite early on. On my first playthrough I had over 70 hours on record before I decided to go for

the battle of Pribyslavitz.

Last edited:

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
I ended up buying the DLCs since it's pretty cheap during the sale and I was having so much fun knocking out all of the side quests. I haven't started the Hans DLC but I've done a decent amount of From The Ashes (settlement sim essentially) and it's pretty boring. I've never been a huge fan of those kinds of games but I thought I'd just pick up the bundle cause why not.

Most of the content consists of having to fast travel all the way to Pribyslavitz to get supplies/hire people, etc. You get to make a decent amount of passive income but money is already incredibly easy to come by. It was incentive for me to farm Cuman/bandit camps though. I found that part to be pretty enjoyable.

Also, they managed to fuck up the reputation system. I was trying to bump it up by haggling in merchants favors/killing bandits but it looks like they've changed it so it can only go down (from breaking the law) once you do all of that area's quests.

I really like the free tournament DLC. The armor isn't all that special but it's probably the best activity next to wiping out camps.

Funposter

Arcane
From the Ashes exists, as far as I'm concerned, as a band-aid for the game's economy. Without being able to dump all of your money into it, you'll easily have tens of thousands of Groschen with little to spend it on, especially since some of the best gear in the game will just spawn on the higher level bandits around Sasau->Skalitz. Hell, I found a guy wearing the Nuremburg Cuirass not far from Uzhitz, and there were three guards there to help me kill him and his cronies. Even without taking the treasure hunts into account, the game's economy is hilariously easy to break.

So I started playing this, at what do you guys start doing side quests? It seems like the main quest pretty much take up all the time.
I began sidequesting quite early on. On my first playthrough I had over 70 hours on record before I decided to go for

the battle of Pribyslavitz.
I think I was at something like 20 hours before I went for it on this current playthrough, and I consider that to be a decent amount of mostly sidequesting. I still have a lot to do around Sasau, and a couple of other things to clean up around Rattay and Talmberg. I'd say the game is split pretty evenly between side quests and the main quest. There's far more side content, but I don't think the devs really expected people to complete all of it without explicitly going for completionist runs.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Maybe some rebalance patch is coming...
Ready for battle :) We have to work on the balancing now. Still 35 quests to do and I already have 43 grand, level 18 and best gear.
1f914.png
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/1074714965758672896

Funposter

Arcane

Beowulf

Arcane
How come there's nothing on the official channel, but someone is posting a choppy version of this:

Must admit, took me by surprise.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the Hans DLC. Not worth the money but it was good. The ideas were really good but I wish they developed the side quest more, I thought it was a huge missed opportunity. The finale had probably the best dialogue in the entire game, it's just a shame that the earlier quests weren't as entertaining.

Continued the main story and made it to the infamous
monastery. I remember a lot of people complaining about this area but it seems interesting enough. I spent a lot of time trying to infiltrate it and kill Pious without becoming a monk but I couldn't find the fucker. I really like the idea of trying to find out who he is by living on the inside. It's pretty obvious who he is (the red herrings are way too obvious) but I'm looking forward to fooling around as a monk.

Speaking of which, I went ahead and told all of the novices that I'm looking for Pious. I can't help but feel as though this will have no consequences... am I wrong?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
monastery. I remember a lot of people complaining about this area but it seems interesting enough. I spent a lot of time trying to infiltrate it and kill Pious without becoming a monk but I couldn't find the fucker. I really like the idea of trying to find out who he is by living on the inside. It's pretty obvious who he is (the red herrings are way too obvious) but I'm looking forward to fooling around as a monk.

Speaking of which, I went ahead and told all of the novices that I'm looking for Pious. I can't help but feel as though this will have no consequences... am I wrong?
I liked the change of pace at the monastery. Made it stand out among the other quests and with the wait function you can cycle through the daily schedule without too much hassle. Quite a few ways to approach both the main quest objective as well as the side quests. As for the consequences:
If you push it too far and start accusing a novice he'll tell on you. The penalty really isn't as severe as one would expect when you blow your cover and there isn't as much secret detective work involved either. I think the devs didn't manage to fully realise this quest as they actually envisioned. Still loved it though for what they were trying to do here.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
How much time before the definitive version?

I have a feeling base game will pop up in Humble Monthly before that so they can bait you with "you have the base game, just buy the season pass now that we've bumped the price of said pass" like every other dev does these days. Hell, game already was in HM as part of some "subscribe for X months" promotion or something.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How much time before the definitive version?
Only Warhorse might have some idea of how long it'll take, but probably after A Womans's Lot (the fourth and the last DLC) is out. Roadmap says Spring for DLC4 release window.

Plus at the very end there'll be a Director's Cut, possibly with some more new content (free, I hope, for the vanilla owners).

I'm not in a rush, I waited 7 years to play Gothic 3 and it was the best decision ever. It's a fantastic game but I would've hated it if I played it on launch, without the patches and the fan content.

Funposter

Arcane

I liked the change of pace at the monastery. Made it stand out among the other quests and with the wait function you can cycle through the daily schedule without too much hassle. Quite a few ways to approach both the main quest objective as well as the side quests. As for the consequences:
If you push it too far and start accusing a novice he'll tell on you. The penalty really isn't as severe as one would expect when you blow your cover and there isn't as much secret detective work involved either. I think the devs didn't manage to fully realise this quest as they actually envisioned. Still loved it though for what they were trying to do here.
The monastery is certainly a nice change of pace, but playing it at launch was a total nightmare. It's novel for the first fifteen to thirty minutes, but then you remember that you need to sleep in order to save, which means replaying an entire day over again if you bugger something up. You can pick locks, but it's launch, so there isn't a sectorial layour on the lockpicking minigame yet and you only have one. Eventually you can duck out of the monastery and grab your old gear, but then you find out that all of your gear is marked stolen. Some of it is so high-end and expensive that the 'stolen' marker doesn't even disappear by end-game. You've got some savior schnapps now, but using it when you actually need to (i.e trespassing and stealth) actually raises your conspiciousness and makes them numerically more difficult, if only slightly. It's also a limited resource. You're awoken one night and everyone is sent to the centre courtyard. Nothing happens. You reload. Nothing happens again. You reload to the morning that you were planning to retrieve your gear, go through that entire process again, and now everyone is called to the centre courtyard again. This time the correct dialogue plays. More guards? Why? You haven't actually done anything to cause this. Oh, the trigger for this event went off by accident. You reload to five days earlier, play through everything again the exact same way, and this time it doesn't happen. An hour long quest has taken you about four.

I'm sure that with bugfixes, changes to lockpicking, and mods that allow you to save normally, the quest is amusing. Launch was another story, though. This was the only section of the game in my initial playthrough where the whole thing started to wear a bit thin.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
I'm sure that with bugfixes, changes to lockpicking, and mods that allow you to save normally, the quest is amusing. Launch was another story, though.
I bought the game in september, after many bugs had been patched so my experience was relatively smooth.
but then you remember that you need to sleep in order to save
Maybe this was added later, but I could harvest some belladonna and nettle to brew my own saviour schnapps.

Funposter

Arcane
Maybe this was added later, but I could harvest some belladonna and nettle to brew my own saviour schnapps.
I'm sure it was there in vanilla and I just hadn't unlocked the recipe or some such. You're so flush with cash that brewing your own schnapps seemed entirely unnecessary prior to that quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom