Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Age of North America is over. The time of Central-Eastern Europe has come.

Bah

Arcane
I guess I don't really view this as the end of USA games, but more that Europe is finally catching up. Unfortunately, all of the crap that is destroying USA games is coming to Europe much faster than it came to the USA, so this is very likely a short-lived window of products worth purchasing.

Zeriel

Arcane
The difference is that EA is big enough that its shit can flop for half a decade and they're still in business and the stock is trading.

EA's business model for decades has been acquiring desired franchises and running them into the ground. As such, they cannot really fail ever without the market/industry as a whole failing. Whenever their current assets start to wear thin they just acquire something new that is beloved by the masses.

This is also why big monopolies/billion-dollar-corporations inherently defeat the healthy mechanisms of a free market: in a situation in which, by the invisible hand of capitalism they should start to fail and wither, they can just acquire vibrant new companies and forever persist.

There is a video of Jackie Chan in which he says that while Asians create movies thinking about them in the terms of art, of creating something that will last forever, Americans create movies to make quick buck.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
No attention to detail, no polish, no pride in their work. Just release a few broken lines of code and call it a game.

When you don't have pride in your work, games like ATOM simply don't come to fruition.

Zeriel

Arcane
There is a video of Jackie Chan in which he says that while Asians create movies thinking about them in the terms of art, of creating something that will last forever, Americans create movies to make quick buck.

This is really ironic considering the Chinese approach to capitalism and life in general. :doubt: in other words.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

This is really ironic considering the Chinese approach to capitalism and life in general. :doubt: in other words.
Jackie's work morale shouldn't be confused with the wider culture.
Dude was seriously driven.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I work as a project manager in Poland and my teams are a mix of russians, ucranians, polish, brazilians and indians. I cannot complain at all. All developers, QA, DB developers and BA/ SA are good. Some of them are brilliant and excellent.

Poland is in the right spot, perfectly located between Asia and London. The prices are good and lot of ucranians migrating here. The moment is excellent and brexit will make poland even more atractive.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
EA makes more money of Fifa ingame purchases (i.e. micro transactions) than many of the other titles combined and sadly im not even joking.

tritosine2k

Erudite
EA makes more money of Fifa ingame purchases (i.e. micro transactions) than many of the other titles combined and sadly im not even joking.

...non sequitur ,what matters is that they blew their chance of a nextgen mass effect remaster and subsequent reboot by virtue of catering to lumpen elements . Also one might argue me2 and da2 were already reboots, and only amount to short term success.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
On the other hand, Europeans will always deliver shit games because, with a few exceptions like CDPR, they don't understand what quality assurance means... No attention to detail, no polish, no pride in their work. Just release a few broken lines of code and call it a game. Sorry, but i don't play concepts and ideas, i play video games, and they do have to work well...
I wonder if you will ever reach self-awareness and realize how hilarious it is to see Bethesda fanboy lecturing people about quality, polish and attention to detail...

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Here comes another Slavic circle jerk.

I pretty much exclusively get my RPG recommendations from this site, but nowadays I'm always checking the game's country of origin. Anything made east of Germany I have to question. Damn Slavs overhype every shit or mediocre game they churn out. It's because of this I'm afraid I might miss out on some actual gems.

Slavs* are cancer. They overhype their shit for racial purposes and not because they are any good. Their efforts are in vein though, because in the grand scheme of things their games still sell like shit, because they are shit.

Never trust any review made by anyone from eastern Europe. They are extremely biased and if Superman 64 was made in Moscow, these clowns would proclaim it the greatest game of all time...

*I am talking about slavic game circlejerks in particular. I have nothing against slavic people in general. My step mother was Polish and my girlfriend is a Czech beauty. It is just that their video games are shit most of the time.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I wonder if you will ever reach self-awareness and realize how hilarious it is to see Bethesda fanboy lecturing people about quality, polish and attention to detail...

I wonder when you will realize that Bethesda games may have bugs compared to the typical AAA standard, but slavic indy trash are way, way worse than Bethesda games... I mean, Skyrim was buggy at release and it was never as shitty as Kingmaker was. And Skyrim had AAA graphics, one of the greatest open world maps put in a game ever, physics, etc. A lot of stuff to go wrong. Kingmaker is your typical EASY TO MAKE UNITY ISOMETRIC TRASH that can't even run properly...

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
I wonder when you will realize that Bethesda games may have bugs compared to the typical AAA standard, but slavic indy trash are way, way worse than Bethesda games... I mean, Skyrim was buggy at release and it was never as shitty as Kingmaker was. And Skyrim had AAA graphics, one of the greatest open world maps put in a game ever, physics, etc. A lot of stuff to go wrong. Kingmaker is your typical EASY TO MAKE UNITY ISOMETRIC TRASH that can't even run properly...

Your precious Bethesda RPG without any mods .

product-132-main-original-1454455618.jpg

tindrli

Arcane
i just love this guy. says a lot of USA and our society wich is sadly driven mostly by usa propaganda machine. not for games but generaly bro nails it.lets hope that germans will do better

Drowed

Arcane
The funny thing is that Bethesda's incompetence is such that Fallout 76 has bugs that already existed in Gamebryo since Morrowind - and bugs that have already been fixed by the modders for literally over a decade. It's a lot of dedication to reach this level.

Theldaran

Liturgist

That's why Asian movies are far-fetched and slow as fuck. He nailed it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom