Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is Your GM?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Here is my GM of last 30 years...

sketch-1543441416380.jpg

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He's an attorney and doomsday prepper. Pretty wealthy. Friends since we were 10. Decent guy, great GM. Of all my friends, I'm by far the biggest loser and it's not even close.

Swigen

Arbiter
Mine’s a 49 year old Japanese widow I deliver groceries to. She has a heavy accent and always says numbers with an upward inflection like “number 2?” “D20?” as if she’s not sure she’s saying it correctly. Last time I went over she had the leather set of AD&D reprints and she made me sit next to her on the couch and read stuff out of it. She was resting her head on my shoulder and had both her arms wrapped around my arm and I’ll tell you what, I had a major chub. Every time I leave that damn house I’m just about leaking into my boxers.

catfood

AGAIN
Mine’s a 49 year old Japanese widow I deliver groceries to. She has a heavy accent and always says numbers with an upward inflection like “number 2?” “D20?” as if she’s not sure she’s saying it correctly. Last time I went over she had the leather set of AD&D reprints and she made me sit next to her on the couch and read stuff out of it. She was resting her head on my shoulder and had both her arms wrapped around my arm and I’ll tell you what, I had a major chub. Every time I leave that damn house I’m just about leaking into my boxers.
Name of anime?

Swigen

Arbiter
Name of anime?

“Mujer Mayor Seduce Nerd Tienda de Comestibles” Vol 1.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is she hot? If so, smash. If not...shit, I'd still smash.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
On an unrelated note, I'd fucking love to find a DND group to be apart of, but I really would need it to be a group where at the very least the majority are normal people that are cool to hang around with. All the friends I have would never be interested in something like DnD, and I've yet to find a group that I could be a part of. Perhaps when I go to Uni.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Is she hot? If so, smash. If not...shit, I'd still smash.
I’d always sameah

Gregz

Arcane
On an unrelated note, I'd fucking love to find a DND group to be apart of, but I really would need it to be a group where at the very least the majority are normal people that are cool to hang around with.

I can speak from experience, you won't find that here.

Wayward Son

On an unrelated note, I'd fucking love to find a DND group to be apart of, but I really would need it to be a group where at the very least the majority are normal people that are cool to hang around with.

My group was great, always met on time, rarely, if ever, argued about rules.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

Wayward Son

My group was great, always met on time, rarely, if ever, argued about rules.
How did you meet them?
I’m talking about my rpg codex group. I started a thread here.

Swigen

Arbiter
Mine’s a swarthy Puerto Rican scullery maid that’s been employed by my family for the better part of a decade now. I never had much in the way of gaming buddies but that didn’t matter ‘cause I always had Mrs. Valentina to really bring to life whatever campaign or adventure we chose to partake in. I’ll never forget the time she goes “Meesta Swigen, you enter de tavern and find empty chair, suddenly you’re approached by slovenly bar wench”. She then stood up, walked around the table, sat on my lap and proceeded to act the part of a drunk barfly slurring her words, asking me where I was from, etc. I was ok with it til she started rocking back and forth, then I started to get frightened she’d feel my boner poking through my pants so I stood up real quick causing her to fall to the floor. Appalled, I go “Oh! Sorry Mrs. Valentina I...” she was sitting on the floor looking up at me CACKLING and she goes, “Oh Meesta Swigen, you really are BARBARIAN!!”

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Here is my GM of last 30 years...
I haven played a PnP RPG in at least 30 years—they all just sit on my shelf neglected; at least a dozen of them, including ICE's MERP, Rifts, TOON, GURPS, D&D, TMNT, Ninjas & Superspies, Robotech. I seem to have lost all interest in RPGs outside of single player cRPGs. They'd have to pay me to play an MMO, and probably the same for a PnP game.

**And having said all that... That doesn't mean that I wouldn't go buy some more RPG books if they looked interesting.
scratch.gif

I guess it's not a lack of interest in the books after all; it must be lack of interest in the players.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Our L5R GM was a chronic boozer who eventually set out to fix his life. This involved moving away and cleaning up, but also left the group without a DM. Players chose that no one wants to be a Forever DM in his stead.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I always end up being the GM :(

I do play in one campaign and though the GM is promising he is fairly new so he is currently pretty shit. Recently let us off the hook way too easily when we fucked up

Last edited:

sgm

Educated
I started playing PnP again after giving it up about 25 years ago. I was most often stuck running our games back then, so it was nice to be a player for a change. My friend was the GM and we played Pathfinder on Roll20, but quickly lost half our players and the game was put on hiatus. I decided to start running a 1st Edition AD&D game in the meantime and a few friends of the remaining players asked to join. Another player returned as well, but we're back down to a small number after a few sessions. It seems online PnP games have a typical dropout rate that I wasn't fully aware of. It doesn't bother me much, as I'm used to running games with a single player or two.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Im DM of a The Dark Eye and a Dungeon World campaign. We actually take the pen&paper thing serious and meet in real life. Are y'all online groups meeting via roll20 or something, or are you playing the classical way?

Beastro

Arcane
Grieving-mother-portrait.jpg

GM would make a terrible GM.

He's an attorney and doomsday prepper. Pretty wealthy. Friends since we were 10. Decent guy, great GM. Of all my friends, I'm by far the biggest loser and it's not even close.

So you know a relative of Cleve, do you?

nikolokolus

Arcane

An exception doesn't prove the rule, but a PnP game sprang out of the multi-year PbP game I ran here on the Codex (with a couple of players from outside of here) and it's been going just fine for about 2+ years. We're just on a hiatus right now because my schedule has been fucked to all hell since October.

I don't know if there's any secret sauce, but after playing PbP with folks for about a year I could tell that most (or all) of those folks would be good to game with in a VTT environment.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Im DM of a The Dark Eye and a Dungeon World campaign. We actually take the pen&paper thing serious and meet in real life. Are y'all online groups meeting via roll20 or something, or are you playing the classical way?
Roll20/Fantasy Grounds/Discord/whatever. Too much of a bitch to get grown-ass people in their late thirties/early forties to meet on the regular for a face to face game anymore. Plus, I don't like to run D&D, so it's easier to find people who are into other systems online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom