Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's probably not NISA, it's definitely not XSEED considering XSEED have no staff for it and it's being released as soon as next year.

Who else is there?

Deleted member 7219

It's probably not NISA, it's definitely not XSEED considering XSEED have no staff for it and it's being released as soon as next year.

Who else is there?

What do you mean XSEED have no staff for it? They can just hire new translators. All the Trails games had different translators - they came and went. They already have programmers - I don’t think they got fired with Brittany.

Cromwell

Arcane
I wanted to start the trails games finally and ran into a problem for me. Whenever you run around with estelle the background gets blurry and that hurts my eyes and I cant stand it for long. I didnt find any solution, played around in the config myself but nothing helped. Since I didnt find any solution online, has anyone maybe had the same problem and found a solution? I sadly cant play like this when the game tries to blink and blur me into a migrane attack.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wanted to start the trails games finally and ran into a problem for me. Whenever you run around with estelle the background gets blurry and that hurts my eyes and I cant stand it for long. I didnt find any solution, played around in the config myself but nothing helped. Since I didnt find any solution online, has anyone maybe had the same problem and found a solution? I sadly cant play like this when the game tries to blink and blur me into a migrane attack.
what is your hardware? monitor? resolution? screenshot?

Cromwell

Arcane
what is your hardware? monitor? resolution? screenshot?

cant tell you exactly but I play in 1920x1080 with a gtx 970. Not everything gets blurry though for example the characters obviously not, estelles house doesnt etc, what gets blurry are the floors which is very noticeable if youre on roads (not so much on forest floor) the little wooden flower pots with their flowers on estelles fence blur out a bit. essentially everything thats sharp stays sharp and everything thats a bit more muddy will blur when you move your characters. So I have sharp objects on blurry fields and that hurts. I do think its normal but I still need a way around it somehow.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
it shouldn't blur at all. have played with the setting? change direct x version? (not from in game menu, before you launch the game there should be a setup window that allow you to set some stuff. try chaning resolution, the direct x used, your Vsync or even the turbo mode )

Cromwell

Arcane
it shouldn't blur at all. have played with the setting? change direct x version? (not from in game menu, before you launch the game there should be a setup window that allow you to set some stuff. try chaning resolution, the direct x used, your Vsync or even the turbo mode )

Yes I tried. Its also not full on motion blur its just noticeable and I am sensitive to shit like this. Every object seems to stand out and the textures just blur a bit while moving, also the third filtering method (forgot the name not point and not bilinear) just amplifies this since things get even sharper.

Cromwell

Arcane
hmm weird. i guess you have posted in the steam/gog forum? or xseed forum?

nah but will do when I am home, but from what I saw in various lets plays its just the game getting blurry when you move the chars / Camera nothing special. Maybe I am just to sensitive to it

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly reading the announcement the English version is for Asia release instead of full-blown western localization, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut down dub all together opting instead just to do text translation like SRW did with the last 2 games.

edit: comma

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
To Rean, Asia release means that the game will be in English, released for Asia region, technically for English speaking country in Asia like say Singapore. Its what Bandai Namco did to release SRW series in English while avoiding the franchise ownership nightmare in the States which prevents any mainline SRW games to be released in Egnlish before.

Cold Steel 3 for PS4 in 2019 is confirmed I'll be back with the tweet

Now reading that the CS3 English is developing for Asia regions means that Falcom might go the same route, releasing the game for Asia region in English (which is okay for PS4 owner because there is no region lock). Now, doing this, they might do the translation using freelance translators and editor instead (which is not always bad, hey Brittany is freelance rightnow after all, and SRW Asia versions' English are fine). If they do I doubt that they will do full-blown localization with English VA and all.

Personally I would prefer they get decent freelance translators and editor working on CS3 vs having NISA localize it.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think you are reading that as "asian english for asian countries" when that sentence really means "English PS4 AND separate developments in Asian regions (China)"

There is no licensing dispute to a western PS4 store release nobody owns the rights to CS3 except Falcom

Not too surprised if they didn't earn enuff cash to justify the brilliant dub sadly :(

Gearmos

Educated
That tweet says: "Sen no Kiseki will be seeing English PS4 releases (CS1&2 Kai with English) AND are having developments for the Asia regions (CS3&4 with Traditional Chinese)". Falcom announced at TGS 2018 that Trails of Cold Steel III would be released in Asia with Traditional Chinese text on November 1, 2018. And Trails of Cold Steel IV in early 2019: https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/9/168569.html

And this one: https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/1075271742216724480 "When looking into dev for Steam, they will continue to develop for the PS4 and license out the PC versions of releases to North American publishers." So XSEED or NISA will release the English localisation of CS3&4.

Deleted member 7219

So, XSEED or NISA or someone else. I don't mind who so long as they get good translators, good programmers, oversight from Durante, consistency with the previous ports, and the same VAs.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Phew, managed to finish TitS 3rd till the end of the year. I'm glad I did and thank you for encouraging me to do it.

I have mixed feelings about the game. Didn't like how narrative is separated from dungeon crawling and didn't like the emphasis on Kevin's and Renne's stories (yes, they are disturbing, feel a bit out of place comparing to the tone of previous games and I do not like those characters). Also the whole story with Phantasma feels contrived.
Aside from that I enjoyed the game. Liked the final boss battle. The minigames were okay.

Happy New Year!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have recently discovered that I bought Trails in the Sky (FC) sometime in the past two years. I started playing it, and got instantly hooked by the charm. But before I get too far and can still restart, which difficulty is recommended for a decent challenge? (I started on the mid one.)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I have recently discovered that I bought Trails in the Sky (FC) sometime in the past two years. I started playing it, and got instantly hooked by the charm. But before I get too far and can still restart, which difficulty is recommended for a decent challenge? (I started on the mid one.)
i heard the hard difficulty is just a grindy bloated mess. The normal one srent really challenging, but the most balanced.

dang I thought they stumbled into a block when they stopped updating the geofront. If this is the reason why the newest update took so long, then it is worth waiting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom