Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Games by the Codex?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Nice thread, always willing to support those who are willing to put in the effort. Have most of these.
Same here. Some of these games were on my radar for a long time, but were forgotten for one reason on another.
I bought most of the games listed except for Exiled Kingdoms, Sword and Sorcery Underworld and A Long Road Home (and whatever Logic Artists made even though they looked p intredasting). I don't regret any of these purchases, but I don't want to forget about less-known stuff either. ;)

While I think this is definitely worthwhile, making inclusions based on whether or not someone is a regular poster will make it come unstuck.

Maybe if you can colour code people but included everyone who has an account here then that list would be more interesting.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
I forget about his name, but one guy registered here for Grimoire, iirc. Turned out he was a developer from IO working on Hitman. He was / is some sort of senior engine tech or whatever. I think it's PowerTorment

Not sure if he counts because he's not a shitposter turned garage basement developer. He definitely didn't register to shill for his company or games, tho.

I am just a cog in a big machinery, so it must be for someone else to decide if I belong on that list. Games I worked on: Total Overdose, Chili Con Carnage, Watchmen - the End is Nigh. Hitman Absolution. HITMAN (2016). HITMAN 2 (2018). I have before disclosed my identity at the Codex. So this is me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-marner-4333b7/

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I forget about his name, but one guy registered here for Grimoire, iirc. Turned out he was a developer from IO working on Hitman. He was / is some sort of senior engine tech or whatever. I think it's PowerTorment

Not sure if he counts because he's not a shitposter turned garage basement developer. He definitely didn't register to shill for his company or games, tho.

I am just a cog in a big machinery, so it must be for someone else to decide if I belong on that list. Games I worked on: Total Overdose, Chili Con Carnage, Watchmen - the End is Nigh. Hitman Absolution. HITMAN (2016). HITMAN 2 (2018). I have before disclosed my identity at the Codex. So this is me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-marner-4333b7/
When will IOI and Microsoft announce the acquisition?

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer

If they someday acquire us? :) It would be a bit weird otherwise, don't you think?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Make a coup d'etat and bring incline to AAA industry.
No I'd rather watch the ((AAA)) industry crash and burn with the fire of a thousand suns hopefully from the ashes we can rebuild the shit that the AAA industry has become. Look at games like ATOM, Kenshi and don't forget his blessed incline king Cleve with Grimoire etc. they were all made with the amount of money that EA or Ubisoft spends on toilet paper a month in their buildings. You don't need AAA to make good games. AAA has become shit and I am guilty of buying a few AAA games. The AAA industry has become nothing but a virtue signalling pussy whipped #metoo male feminist, garbage and faggotry. "Our game is shit, but at least you can be gay" is the modern AAA mindset

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

If they someday acquire us? :) It would be a bit weird otherwise, don't you think?
Sorry English is like my 3rd language so maybe the way I said didn't seem right. When is Microsoft announcing that they have acquired IOI?

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer

Sorry English is like my 3rd language so maybe the way I said didn't seem right. When is Microsoft announcing that they have acquired IOI?

I understood you the first time. Microsoft have not acquired IOI. According to the rumor mill Microsoft "considered" it. So we can't announce it if it did not happen, can we?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want to make a list of literally every Codex user who has worked in game development, I could just give you the list of users with Developer tags...

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I understood you the first time. Microsoft have not acquired IOI. According to the rumor mill Microsoft "considered" it. So we can't announce it if it did not happen, can we?
I wish the rest of IOI would "hear us the first time" and make a good Hitman game again. Like Hitman 2 and I don't mean Hitman 2 (2018)

vdweller

Arcane
Developer

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Gregz

Arcane
What? Just noticed this mention! What's this all about? Games by Codex? ATOM is a game by Codex! I love the Codex!

In the initial discussion we were talking about lone indie developers who are also codex regulars, not teams or large collaborations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom