Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That wererat is an Alchemist class, that is his whole trick. Would you have liked it more if he Fireballed your group while you are engaged by this two melee companions?!
Funny that you mention KotC, that game also had some pretty hard fights that you needed to restart to beat.

I would if he had a limited amount of fireballs just like my sorcerer.
High level amount (20+ ?) of alchemy fire potions a wererat brew in his cave ? Seriously ? The game lost some credibility there.

I also encountered some teleporting panther-like monsters in another cave before the wererats and quite enjoyed that one even if they teleported to my sorcerer and almost OS him, the game has some potential and it's better than PoE2, still, it's not what i'm searching for, RtwP is bad enough, that's as much shit i can eat, i can't enjoy a RtwP cRPG if everything else isn't perfect and we're far from it.

Also what is wrong with traveling and camping? Finally a game that punishes people that leave Strength at low value in their chase for moar power. And camping is cute and fun and stops rest spamming (well that and quest timers).

On the contrary, it forces you to rest because your team is tired after 24 hours and the traveling pace is so slow, i don't spam rest, actually, i use a sorcerer instead of a wizard in order to avoid having to rest too much.
Worse, your party is tired after resting, that's the most retarded resting system i ever experienced in a video game.

I like that there are ways to strategize around this as well, I'm doing a second playthrough now. I've got 2 mercenaries, one is a hospitaler/paladin that can remove fatigue with lay on hands to push the party further. If you get your arcane level to 3 you can build teleportation circles in your towns to lower travel times (mage towers have the circles built in).

ArchAngel

Arcane

hell bovine

Arcane
They are both disabled by the anti-school spell (forgot the name), IIRC. You just set it to Abjuration, I think.
You'd still need to know what trap the soul is and that ability is not mentioned anywhere in the game previous to the encounter. Compare this to Aec'Letec and his gaze, which you get warned about by the ghoul in Durlag's Tower.
Imprison is a high level mage spell. Expect it when you fight mages. Fire bombs is not a wererat ability. Nor is traps an exclusive wererat thing. In fact, at low levels, I'd expect kobolds, not wererats.
And trap the soul is not imprisonment, nor does it even supposed to work like that spell, nor are demiliches supposed to get unlimited uses of it.

As for the wererats, I'd rate them same as the vampiric werewolves near Beregost. I'd take either over kobolds, because they were boring to fight even at level one in both games.

Reinhardt

Arcane

a cut of domestic sheep prime

#1 - paying large publishers to shove shit down our throats

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know Owlcat shot themselves in the foot with the buggy release but if you just watch all the gaming sites lists of best RPG/games of 2018 it would seem P:KM is KotC level of unknown instead of what it is.

I hope Owlcat gets to make more polished cRPGs in future and gets critical acclaim as well. At least their first try was (for them) a commercial success.

Elex

Arbiter
Kingmaker failed to make Eurogamers top 50 readers choice. Something even Fallout 76 managed to do.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-01-eurogamer-readers-top-50-games-of-2018

#48 - Fallout 76
#35 - Deadfire
#31 - Kingdom Come: Deliverance
The only thing this proves is that Eurogamer's readers are complete fucking idiots
do press still matter in current year?
it's not all about streamer and youtuber? and reddit also reddit "reddit is angry at stuff, developer get downvoted to hell"

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I hope Owlcat gets to make more polished cRPGs in future and gets critical acclaim as well. At least their first try was (for them) a commercial success.

Hopefully their next game is turn-based instead of RTwP garbage

Their next game is going to bomb fyi. They can't even retain 10% of players until chapter 4, and even the 2% of players that finish the game wont make the mistake of buying at release again.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Just remember T:ToN was a critical success....

Yet the game sold poorly and was trashed by players. Just like Kingmaker.

I understand not trusting critic reviews, but when even steam and GOG reviews are negative, maybe it's actually a shit game.

T:ToN was recieved like hot cakes by the press. Same for POE2.

Yet THEY sold poorly (rightly so I can add since they suck). There's no info about Kingmaker yet. And no, your Steam bullshit makes 0 sense for the reasons already explained in the other thread.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Kingmaker failed to make Eurogamers top 50 readers choice. Something even Fallout 76 managed to do.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-01-eurogamer-readers-top-50-games-of-2018

#48 - Fallout 76
#35 - Deadfire
#31 - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I don't get this obsession with Deadfire, I'd rather play Tyranny myself, and I doubt it sold more or scored higher than POE2.
He'll be shilling The Outer Worlds when it comes out.

jungl

Augur
What I dont get from the endgame in this is that the trash mob fights are all much more difficult then then the supposedly demigod in power final bosses. Its like playing baldurs gate 2 and imps and slimes are more difficult to deal with then dragons and liches.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The ending tapers off quite a bit, yes. I think the game would have done much better if it was split at the end of act 3 and released with the death of Vordekai being the final chapter, then having the final acts as a separate game (a Pathfinder: Kingmaker 2 if you will). Over all it would have allowed them to release a much more polished product, giving them the time necessary to sterilize all the bugs and come up with a better encounter design for the last few chapters. Although honestly chapter 7 in a vacuum is not *that* bad, but after the house at the end of time seeing any more wild hunt is just a major eyesore and both chapters could be done much better with more time and thought put into them.

Funposter

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom