Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kenshi Released

Monocause

Arcane
Squin is very easy to make money at if you're not in a huge rush. Get a house close to the travelling gear shop, set up an ore storage and a copper storage. Send all your peeps to mine nearby copper and iron nodes, of which there's quite a few. Sell your full storages to the shop directly from the storage (you can click the storage while the trade window is open and shift+click drag the ore to the store's inventory directly from there without hauling). That's like 15000 cats per full copper storage and 8000 cats for full ore storage.

If you start this off with at least 4 people it's actually very easy, and safe. It's slow to start but once your labouring skill goes up, you'll find you're able to rack up lots of dosh fairly quick. For the first 10 hrs or so I had a bunch of guys doing mining in Squin and researching, and a small squad of 3 people to run around the world and explore. It was very low-maintenance and my guys got attacked only a few times, but there's only dust bandits and starving bandits roaming the area, and they're easy to run away from. And even if they give you a beating then well, you just gained a few points of toughness and your guy will be back at mining in no time.

Also, every now and then wild garrus walk through town. Attack them unprovoked and let the guards kill them for you. Tons of leather and meat. Every now and then dust bandits will get murdered within the town's confines - sell their gear. I think it's safer and easier to earn early buck in Squin than in UC as it's a more predictable environment.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this is that it's clearly exploiting the fact that Kenshi doesn't have a dynamic economy. Commodity prices in towns should be dropping massively after a while so that you can't just keep doing that crap. That money's too easy.

Beastro

Arcane
The only reason I wouldn't recommend this is that it's clearly exploiting the fact that Kenshi doesn't have a dynamic economy. Commodity prices in towns should be dropping massively after a while so that you can't just keep doing that crap. That money's too easy.

TBH a lot of the world building goes against it.

Black Desert City is meant to be a hideaway from humanity for Skellies, and yet has sone of the best stores in the game. With a dynamic economy it would be the best place to make money from, buying up cheap high grade gear due to th lack of demand from there and reselling it elsewhere.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm such a retard.

My plan was to make a run with a limited party using heavy weapons but then, after a dozen of restarts, I forgot completely about the heavy weapons.

Then after like 10+ hours into the run I remembered my plan and I switched to heavy weapons which basically transformed my entire party into a bunch of noobs.

I'm not sure I like the skills systems considering this but I will not comment as it was my own stupidity.

Bottom line: I lost a couple of hours of training katanas and shit ... but it's my fault. This party will become epic.

On the other hand, one of the mods below is making the leveling up quite hard and I have to admit that it impacts the entire experience (in a positive way).

32688627918_5be019762a_o.png

Some screenshots below.

My party is larping :)
E13431D161C41A43E067510CD44CC9804DE124D1

Beak things nest. Nightmares look like this.
0344ACA944D09DBA830E17349D2D24FE934A32DF

Found Tora the Fearless.
14F83F59E856A768F41F345F8C69C19F54CEF750

Nice stats.
C00FFD4980642730DC5622401E9DD1B21E14E749

She kicked my ass because 4 of the companions switched to heavy weapons. I went back to an outpost and hired a group of mercenaries.
686D09CFB8EFA0240A60F4F9BDDD61152BDB62DD

Her ass belongs to me :) Actually to the Shek kingdom.
2D99CA9CA119A7B6F3E667EEF663135F355DCA63

Last edited:

XenomorphII

Prophet
My understanding is actually that starting with heavy weapons isn't great because your dex will tend to lag behind badly making you attack and block very slowly, and that starting with katanas and other light weapons to build dex is the "best" way to get the most out of heavies later.

Deleted Member 22431

Then after like 10+ hours into the run I remembered my plan and I switched to heavy weapons which basically transformed my entire party into a bunch of noobs.
Using weapons while ignoring their requirements is a very common mistake, especially with crossbows. You need to develop your strenght first, an only later on you can properly use them.

My understanding is actually that starting with heavy weapons isn't great because your dex will tend to lag behind badly making you attack and block very slowly, and that starting with katanas and other light weapons to build dex is the "best" way to get the most out of heavies later.
They are different builds. You can make a juggernaut focused on strenght and heavy armour, or a light armour build focused on dex.

Deleted Member 16721

Can someone tell me what the highest graphics settings for a 1080ti are? I'd like to crank up certain settings but I'm not sure which ones I should try and max out.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Can someone tell me what the highest graphics settings for a 1080ti are? I'd like to crank up certain settings but I'm not sure which ones I should try and max out.
You should be able to max out all graphics settings with that video card and still have the game run well.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The trailer music and the soundtrack are fantastic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom