Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
fuck this bunker in mountain of woes, huge fucking map of everything looking the same so it's easy to get lost, have to equip stupid keycard and click on a door every 2 inches... the layout makes pathfinding fucking retarded.. click on something and guy tries to go through a locked door instead of the open one next to it.. convoluted shit to do, these little fucking critters that just stunlock you and get 8 hits per turn

very close to uninstalling

edit: literally had to run across the fucking map to get a companion because he was standing in a front of a locked door instead of using the one 2 inches to the north... fuck this shit

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
Can't find Sergey Maslov in the outskirts of Krasnoznamenny. Quest log says he lives in the outskirts in a nice house, but i can't find him anywhere.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
fuck this 'improved aimed shot' patch. seriously.. those little auto turret things don't pop up until the battle has started, so no way to do anything to prevent them, and once in battle they just do aimed shots to my companions head, can shoot like 5 of them, gets 5 crits and 55damage to headshots and lower AP to like 2... fuck OFF

and is there something about this bunker that makes my characters eyes not work? fucker is standing 10 feet in front of something but has 0% accuracy because "i can't see it" fucking blind ass piece of shit all of a sudden

straight garbage.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Can't find Sergey Maslov in the outskirts of Krasnoznamenny. Quest log says he lives in the outskirts in a nice house, but i can't find him anywhere.

To interview? One of the guys for that quest was in the big building inside the walled section, opposite to armorer.

Okagron

Prophet
Go to Fidel's bar at night.
Isn't that the Navigator? He seems to only show up at night at the bar. Also need to interview that one.
To interview? One of the guys for that quest was in the big building inside the walled section, opposite to armorer.
Thanks, gonna check it out.

Edit: It is the guy Quillon mentioned. Thanks.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
fuck this 'improved aimed shot' patch. seriously.. those little auto turret things don't pop up until the battle has started, so no way to do anything to prevent them, and once in battle they just do aimed shots to my companions head, can shoot like 5 of them, gets 5 crits and 55damage to headshots and lower AP to like 2... fuck OFF

and is there something about this bunker that makes my characters eyes not work? fucker is standing 10 feet in front of something but has 0% accuracy because "i can't see it" fucking blind ass piece of shit all of a sudden

straight garbage.

If you initiate the combat in a spot where the spitter can't see it won't spawn.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

straight garbage.

If you initiate the combat in a spot where the spitter can't see it won't spawn.

Did you not read the part where it says I can't see the enemy to shoot it even when it is in plain sight and directly in front of me? How else do I initiate combat?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

straight garbage.

Did you not read the part where it says I can't see the enemy to shoot it even when it is in plain sight and directly in front of me? How else do I initiate combat?

Some of the tiles block sight even though it doesn't seem so, particularly the ones with shrubbery. Since the enemies move around most eventually end up in a spot where you can snipe them without spawning the little shit. I won't deny that it's tedious.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

straight garbage.

Some of the tiles block sight even though it doesn't seem so, particularly the ones with shrubbery. Since the enemies move around most eventually end up in a spot where you can snipe them without spawning the little shit. I won't deny that it's tedious.

It's a square room with 6 doors, but only 2 doors I have access to.. there are spitters directly across from each accessible door, and 2 geckos on the other side of a bunch of grass...

also I opened up the rear entrance at the generator, if I select the other one (medlab?) no door seems to have been opened so there is literally only one way I can progress.

and doorways just make it easier for my companions to blast another one in the back of the head...

holy shit this whole map is fucking retarded

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
fuck this bunker in mountain of woes, huge fucking map of everything looking the same so it's easy to get lost, have to equip stupid keycard and click on a door every 2 inches... the layout makes pathfinding fucking retarded.. click on something and guy tries to go through a locked door instead of the open one next to it.. convoluted shit to do, these little fucking critters that just stunlock you and get 8 hits per turn

edit: literally had to run across the fucking map to get a companion because he was standing in a front of a locked door instead of using the one 2 inches to the north... fuck this shit
Hey! Its a thing we fixed even before the release, must be some freak remnant of the old bug. Don't know what triggered it in your playthrough. Mine went just fine on 1.06. That explains some of the other stuff you are describing as well. Send us your save where the AI does that stuff and we'll fix it for you and for everyone else who happens upon it. support@atomrpg.com

Seriously, dudes, if anything like that happens just send us your saves and output logs to support@atomrpg.com . I may be a powerless atomboy, but my buddies solve issues like this in no time.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

Hey! Its a thing we fixed even before the release, must be some freak remnant of the old bug. Don't know what triggered it in your playthrough. Mine went just fine on 1.06. That explains some of the other stuff you are describing as well. Send us your save where the AI does that stuff and we'll fix it for you and for everyone else who happens upon it. support@atomrpg.com

Seriously, dudes, if anything like that happens just send us your saves and output logs to support@atomrpg.com . I may be a powerless atomboy, but my buddies solve issues like this in no time.

Dunno.. I'm fine now I was able to get past into the area and defeated all those fuckers!!

two questions: 1) where is the third chemical I need? (I got one from a body, I think? and another was on a table in the room where the mixer is) and 2) where can I find the code for the briefcase in one of the bedrooms?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Go to Fidel's bar at night.
Isn't that the Navigator? He seems to only show up at night at the bar. Also need to interview that one.
Thanks, gonna check it out.

Edit: It is the guy Quillon mentioned. Thanks.
Sorry for that. In Russian everything before the mongoloid dude who takes your 1000 rubles is "Outskirts of Krasnoznamenny" (Пригород Краснознамённого). The real city starts after the wall! But we tend not to use this terminology in the English version because it might seem like we're talking about a place on the global map outside of the city circle. This one slipped in tho!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I do not know how you guys crammed so much content in this game. Thanks for the great end of 2018. I was really bored out of my mind until your game came out.

I hope you guys are not burned out and can still release a sequel with the same amount of content.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Dunno.. I'm fine now I was able to get past into the area and defeated all those fuckers!!

two questions: 1) where is the third chemical I need? (I got one from a body, I think? and another was on a table in the room where the mixer is) and 2) where can I find the code for the briefcase in one of the bedrooms?

So they are okay now? Still, very weird. I'm real sorry that happened. We were sitting on that pathing day and night and it still bit us! :( Next time just send the save and we'll figure stuff out. The chemicals were: in the closet near the mixing machine, between two computer panels, and the third chemical is in the suitcase, there's no pass for it since it's designed to open (after several tries) even if your lockpicking is like 1.

If it doesn't open for some reason (which is pretty weird) just use the safe in the same room, it's basically the name HANS if you're inputting it on an old mobile phone, so

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I do not know how you guys crammed so much content in this game. Thanks for the great end of 2018. I was really bored out of my mind until your game came out.

I hope you guys are not burned out and can still release a sequel with the same amount of content.
Thanks! :D I think I can safely say that the biggest problem we might get in the long run is not "should we make another game", but "which game should we make next". I have like 6 unfinished prototypes gathering dust on the hard drive, everything from sci fi to stone age, from blobber to ascii torment-like. And I'm far from being the only one with ideas and dreams... Still, nothing happens before we polish the shit out of Atom.
Is there ammo anywhere for Vitinsky experimental rifle other than those 9 bullets that you find near it?

Didnt found more.
Man in Red Fighter can make some!

I like how the creepy stuff are really creepy. This one random encounter in a cave with a skeleton and a note.

the author visited a gypsy, the gypsy said he is being followed. He felt a shadow followin him for months, evem write into his journal and he died in that cave

Atomboy is this reference for something or someone is being cheeky?

There is also the old guy travelling with a pig and he is insane, when you confront him, turns out he seems to be possesed by a demon. Out of curiousity when you try to exorcise the demon, you can command it to enter your body and you got a "possesed" perk that give you this schizophrenic dialogue choice. It reduce my INT and DEX so i just reload. I wonder if i decide to continue with it, would it change the game drastically.
Also, if you read the first letters of each paragraph of that cave note in Russian, you'll see ""Look at the sky" encoded there...
Just remembered that one!

Puteo

Learned
So I gave Fidel a nice spiked bat; how do I make him actually use it? He insists on attempting to punch everything despite the fact that his melee weapons skill is higher than his unarmed and is more than high enough to use the bat.

Okagron

Prophet
Sorry for that. In Russian everything before the mongoloid dude who takes your 1000 rubles is "Outskirts of Krasnoznamenny" (Пригород Краснознамённого). The real city starts after the wall! But we tend not to use this terminology in the English version because it might seem like we're talking about a place on the global map outside of the city circle. This one slipped in tho!
Yeah, the quest log mentioning that he was in the outskirts was throwing me off because i assume the outskirts means the area before the gate. He's actually after the gate, in the actual city itself.

filpan

Scholar
So, any advice on how to survive that battle with cultists in the bunker below the Krasznoznamenny? You know, the one below the Cultists building, just when you take the elevator downstairs. 7 on them with heavy weapons, and its not possible to get good positioning, you are just open to fire and they kill me in first turn. Im playing on hardest

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Atomboy , can we just get a character switch for inventory screen?
It feels really goofy to barter and have them equip what we want.
I bought a slave today and to my dismay, she cannot equip the locksmithing kit to get the bonus.
Would be really great and helpful to adjust their loadout pre-fight.
If I know there's a hard fight coming, I want the party to have a grenade in one hand and gun in the other.

And maybe check what is the recipe of Molotov Cocktail is.
I'm pretty sure I got the gasoline and cloth bandana part right... but it just wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Vrab

Learned
Is there a way to make followers use ammo types we want aside from manually unloading their guns and trading ammo around?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Question about the clash of the cultists:

The mushroom guy told me to find Devi Christus in Otradnoye, but I can’t seem to locate her anywhere in town. Do I need to wait? Wander around nearby for a random encounter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom