Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

20 reasons why Kingmaker is objectively better than Baldurs Gate 2

Which game is better?

• Total voters

RPK

Scholar
V1pkZOB.jpg
Girl on the far right has killeys look.
latest
how does this guy see where he's going?
I would assume his eyes. Hes just posing for the box art right now

but his hat totally covers his eyes :D

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
The real troll here is the "nostalgia fag" angle. There's no such thing as nostalgia for good things; either something is good or it isn't.

Don't let his decoy poll distract you from his true agenda which is trying to normalize "nostalgia" as a thing.
But nostalgia is a thing when people worship childish games because they played the shit out of them when they were kids and didn't know any better. Many won't even consider the possibility of Kingmaker being a superior game even if today they enjoy it more, since they're no longer ignorant kids.

Same with young adults today who worship games like Oblivion and Skyrim, they may recognize today that those are not the best RPGs ever, but they will still cherish them as groundbreaking, great games for their time, or whatever else.

RPK

Scholar
Girl on the far right has killeys look.
latest
how does this guy see where he's going?
I would assume his eyes. Hes just posing for the box art right now

but his hat totally covers his eyes :D
Thats just what he wants you to think.

that's very clever.

it looks like it's pointy enough to be used as an improvised weapon and/or a paper airplane too.

Zeriel

Arcane
So Safrav likes this game, unfortunate I have to consign Kingmaker to the pile of games that are actually unfortunately shit because Safrav shills for them

I really hope he doesn't start making threads about how Fallout is 10x better than Darklands and shits all over it, that would really make for some painful decisions.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Not even close, I had more fun in a single district in Athkatla than I did with in the entire Kingmaker and nostalgia has nothing do to with it. It's a decent game for the first 3 acts but after that it goes downhill so fast, that it reminds me of Hillary Clintons campaign.

Mortmal

Arcane
Let's make this thread a little more constructive , find 20 reasons to ban safav hamon, i start:
1: Made poor jarl frank lose his job

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
2: He is as if designed by Josh Sawyer. A not fun troll.
3: He makes me miss Bubbles so much!
4: He is a living embodiment of the RPGCodex's decline.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Better X *insert random screenshot*.

Boring troll attempt. 3/10.

Better just tell everyone how the Codex hurt you. What game(s) did the Codex shit on that you love and you can't have it that someone doesn't like something that you do?

Maybe if you open up you can finally find some peace.

Also, kill yourself.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Let's make this thread a little more constructive , find 20 reasons to ban safav hamon, i start:
1: Made poor jarl frank lose his job

2: He is as if designed by Josh Sawyer. A not fun troll.
3: He makes me miss Bubbles so much!
4: He is a living embodiment of the RPGCodex's decline.

5: Because of his Alzheimer, he rabbles about PoE 2 for ages then shit all over RTwP ... I agree with the latter but the guy has serious brain damage, even by Codex standard.

6: Some drama can't hurt, we need some entertainment while waiting for 2018 top cRPG

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This thread triggered people because they have no counterargument. Kingmaker shits on BG2 in every way possible, and anyone that disagrees is in denial.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
If you really believe he is a troll, simply do not respond. If he is incorrect, simply argue against his points.

Exactly. They know I'm not a troll, but realize it's impossible to defend Baldurs Gate 2. Their only choice is to attack the messenger out of desperation.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
One day all the nolstalgia fags will be dead, and shit games like BG2 will be forgotten. Kingmaker will be remembered for generations.

Bladderfish

Augur
Is the OP actually saying that the characters and writing in this game are good? Don't get me wrong, the game is great overall and I'm really enjoying it (after having the sense to wait for most of the bugs to get patched out before buying it). But the feminist/left-wing overtones kill the characters.

Amiri is a cliché that had me clicking through her dialogue like it was going out of fashion ("Men wouldn't let me play their game! Waaah!"; Linzi is about as personable as Jar-Jar Binks; Octavia has man-boobs (honestly; just look at her picture; if a feminist wasn't involved in doing that to her chest, I'll eat my hat); Valerie is another cliché ("Women are only appreciated for their looks! Waaah!".

And is it just me, or is everyone feckin bisexual? I'm not sure, tbh. Reg and Octavia certainly didn't mess about trying to stick their tongues down my throat in two different playthroughs as a man and a woman.

Still, I guess the world and area plots are pretty interesting. It is just the characters and their utter lack of nuance that bugs me.
There's no substantive critique of the writing here at all. Not a word about the themes or plot or the way they interact with the non-linear structure of a compute rrole playing game. You're just annoyed that the game was made by people who don't share your politics.

No, there's not, but since I'm of the opinion that the mere injection of current day politics into games is a failure of imagination and writing ability, there never will be.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
One of Paizo's creative developers said that they will always have a SJW agenda in their products. Just another reason why Pathfinder > DnD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom