Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The funded product and forcasted sales are the intangible asset, not the funding.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
As far as SS3...

https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg36519#msg36519

xx.gif

Re: Is this this still going to go ahead?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »

Just to chime in here, SS3 will not be going through Kickstarter!

Haven't heard anything from Starbreeze on the Shock3 front, so I think (as of right now), we're unaffected.

Typically, that's basic PR speak for, we'll lose the funding.

I laf evry teim.

Zep--

And BTW...
If you were sitting on someone else's 10-12 million dollars...You wouldn't "think", you'd know you're "unaffected".

Zep--

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Job posting for Gameplay Engineer: https://otherside-e.com/wp/jobs/

Gameplay Engineer
Austin, TX

What We Need

The OtherSide Entertainment Austin studio is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in working on System Shock 3. The ideal candidate will report to and work closely with the Tech Director to build gameplay systems according to design specifications. The Software Engineer may also be called upon to troubleshoot existing features, optimize game performance, work with other members of the team to improve the overall quality of the product and mentor more junior team members.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Development hell (what happened to UWA) is very different from being rushed.

Space Nugget

Development hell (what happened to UWA) is very different from being rushed.

True that, and yet, barely hitting some semblance of an alpha milestone, someone decided on a release date that, in my eyes, was way too soon. Somebody should've known better, considering the Steam refund system and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Maybe they're going to reveal this game next year? At the home ground of Starbreeze: https://nordicgame.com/warren-spector-announced-first-ng19-speaker/

Nordic Game is not particularly known for game announcements though. Maybe GDC in March?

Also Reboot conference at Croatia (11-13th April): http://rebootdevelopblue.com/speakers/

Warren Spector
OtherSide Entertainment, Studio Director

Best known for his work on the Deus Exand Disney Epic Mickey games, he also worked on several entries in the Ultima series early in his career. He began in 1983 in tabletop games, with Steve Jackson Games and TSR, moving into digital games in 1989 where he worked at Origin, Electronic Arts, Looking Glass, Ion Storm and Eidos before starting Junction Point Studios, acquired in 2007 by the Walt Disney Company. From 2013 until 2016 he was the Director of the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy in the Moody College of Communication at The University of Texas at Austin. Currently, he is Austin studio director for OtherSide Entertainment working on System Shock 3.

Probably going to to a battle royale match with Swen Vincke and Chris Avellone.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Miyamoto is a console casual, fuck his wiimote wisdom. In other news SS3 will never make it to release. If it did, it would suck anyway. Underworld ascendant with guns. I have never played UA but i looked a lets play for 5 minutes. I know shit when i see it, no need to touch it myself.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:shredder:

No, they don't keep it: https://www.starbreeze.com/2019/02/...publishing-rights-to-otherside-entertainment/

STARBREEZE SELLS BACK ”SYSTEM SHOCK 3” PUBLISHING RIGHTS TO OTHERSIDE ENTERTAINMENT

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (February 11, 2019) – Starbreeze and OtherSide Entertainment have mutually agreed to sell back the publishing rights to OtherSide Entertainment for “System Shock 3”. Starbreeze expects to be fully reimbursed for costs the company has had in connection with development of the game.

Starbreeze acquired the publishing rights for “System Shock 3” in 2017 and has since then partly financed the development of the game. The title owner OtherSide Entertainment and Starbreeze have now reached an agreement whereby Starbreeze returns the publishing rights for the game to OtherSide and will be able to recoup the development costs.

“I believe this is the best solution for us, although it is sad that we cannot complete the project with OtherSide. System Shock 3 is a fantastic title developed in cooperation with the industry legend Warren Spector and I am looking forward to seeing the game released”, said Mikael Nermark, acting CEO Starbreeze AB.

As previously announced, Starbreeze will focus on its core business of games development and publishing. Starbreeze holds publishing titles for “Psychonauts 2” and “Ten Crowns”.

Space Nugget

Starbreeze expects to be fully reimbursed for costs the company has had in connection with development of the game.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT. A. FUCKING. JOKE!

OtherSide should just close the doors already.

Paul and Warren -> Retirement.
Tim -> Work as a (Senior) Level Designer at Arkane or Ghost Story.
Rest of the staff -> Die in a fire Find other ways of making a living.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think the steamtards/OEtards understand Nightdive SS is not OEs SS3.

Wondered why they kept saying Nightdive (ss remake) in OEs forum as related to SS3 (possibly) losing funding from Starbreeze.

Zep--
To be honest, the situation is a clusterfuck.
It just isn't normal to have two games bearing the same name (almost) being developed at the same time by different developers, one of which just released a terrible game and spooks in people's minds due to that and the other is (now was) involved with a publisher that was in the headlines for criminal bogus recently.
I can understand anyone mixing things up when not having heard the entire story...

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
There are two OtherSide studios. One in Boston, MA (Who developed UA) and one in Austin, TX (Who's developing SS3) I believe.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Unless SS3 in current state is a mess, this is kind of thing Private Division might be interested.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Maybe they're going to reveal this game next year? At the home ground of Starbreeze: https://nordicgame.com/warren-spector-announced-first-ng19-speaker/

Nordic Game is not particularly known for game announcements though. Maybe GDC in March?

Also Reboot conference at Croatia (11-13th April): http://rebootdevelopblue.com/speakers/

Warren Spector
OtherSide Entertainment, Studio Director

Best known for his work on the Deus Exand Disney Epic Mickey games, he also worked on several entries in the Ultima series early in his career. He began in 1983 in tabletop games, with Steve Jackson Games and TSR, moving into digital games in 1989 where he worked at Origin, Electronic Arts, Looking Glass, Ion Storm and Eidos before starting Junction Point Studios, acquired in 2007 by the Walt Disney Company. From 2013 until 2016 he was the Director of the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy in the Moody College of Communication at The University of Texas at Austin. Currently, he is Austin studio director for OtherSide Entertainment working on System Shock 3.

Probably going to to a battle royale match with Swen Vincke and Chris Avellone.

These may actually be about meeting potential publishers and investors, shopping around.
thinking.png

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Please let them just close down and go to Hell; they already tried to screw the Legacy of Ultima Underworld please leave System Shock alone ffs
Or sell the rights to the guys doing the System Shock Remake; I bet they will do a much better job anyway

Latelistener

Arcane
Or sell the rights to the guys doing the System Shock Remake; I bet they will do a much better job anyway
The concepts they showed for the cancelled version of the remake were quite good. The problem is that it wasn't the thing that was promised on Kickstarter.

They should have done what was promised first and then used it as a launch pad for future projects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom