Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

2house2fly

Magister
I don't get this obsession with Deadfire, I'd rather play Tyranny myself, and I doubt it sold more or scored higher than POE2.
it sold more, at least. I think Deadfire is beating out Torment Numemera and Bard's Tale 4, that's about it

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Kingmaker failed to make Eurogamers top 50 readers choice. Something even Fallout 76 managed to do.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-01-eurogamer-readers-top-50-games-of-2018

#48 - Fallout 76
#35 - Deadfire
#31 - Kingdom Come: Deliverance
And you trust the judgement of people that add Fallout 76 on any kind of list?

I don't see Planescape or Fallout 1 or 2 on the list, why can't you just accept Fallout 76 is objectively better than all that stuff?

:troll:

Risewild

Arbiter

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I just got Nok-Nok, and christ is this little guy a murder bot so far. I am still in Chapter 2, but I have also used Valerie's improved bull rush to farm attacks of opportunity to great effect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am playing on beta version. Started a new run for it with an Aasimar Paladin. Found and liberated Octavia. Opened her spellbook and now Enlarge Person is not marked as Transmutation spell and I cannot put any spell into her specialty spell slot :deathclaw:
Also you can skin some animals, some you cannot. Some you can skin when you click on them second time.

While creating a character I managed bug out the creation screens by clicking on custom portraits button, I had to restart the game to continue creating my character (using only ingame portraits :( ).

Saving the game takes less than 1s. I don't think it was that fast in start of the game before 1.2. Maybe someone that played 1.1 recent from start can share their experience with this.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I am playing on beta version. Started a new run for it with an Aasimar Paladin. Found and liberated Octavia. Opened her spellbook and now Enlarge Person is not marked as Transmutation spell and I cannot put any spell into her specialty spell slot :deathclaw:
Also you can skin some animals, some you cannot. Some you can skin when you click on them second time.

While creating a character I managed bug out the creation screens by clicking on custom portraits button, I had to restart the game to continue creating my character (using only ingame portraits :( ).

Saving the game takes less than 1s. I don't think it was that fast in start of the game before 1.2. Maybe someone that played 1.1 recent from start can share their experience with this.

Yeah, it's a bug in the beta, stick to the official patch for now if you can since they won't be back from holidays until the 8th to start patching the beta. Here's another bug to annoy you, in the inventory screen the characters appearance is the default appearance until you equip an item, after which it returns to normal. Skinning is also bugged in the beta.

Sharpedge

Prophet
This has got to be my favourite bug so far:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Killing a major plot character long before their due. This was not quite what I was intending to do...

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

Oh god, I hope that is a bug and/or reverted. I use Octavia to spam Enlarge Person on certain characters. It is so damn convenient.

As a side note, how are paladins in Kingmaker? I recall someone write that paladins are good against evil aligned creatures, but meh outside of that one situation.

As a side note, how are paladins in Kingmaker? I recall someone write that paladins are good against evil aligned creatures, but meh outside of that one situation.

I somewhat prefer the Hospitaler archetype. I vastly prefer Lay on Hands (LoH) with stacked Mercies to Smite Evil. Paladins in Pathfinder get a bunch of LoH and can really negate unfortunate events that would cause you to lose a battle or end an adventuring day. Smites are nice, and the Hospitaler still gets them, but their spells are better for burst damage imo. While Channel Positive energy grows slowly, the sheer volume your paladin gets makes up for it. They really help smooth out constant fights and can drastically extend your adventuring day. In this game, Aura of Healing has been replaced with Aura of Life. It's less useful, but confers death effect immunity to your paladin and a +4 bonus against those effects to nearby party members. Paladins are a low risk against death effects, but since I use them as a fail-safe for my parties, it's good enough.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the Paladin advice guys. I will keep these posts in mind for another play-through.

Thane Solus

Arcane
yup, its not clicking for me. I like UI and parts of the character development, the graphics are ok, dont like much the maps and radomly fucking around; SJW writers (the translation for paladin skills are with HER skills, Her aura...), story is kinda meh, but not bad i guess, uninteresting characters (besides the banter between the rat and the elf undead/barbarian strong independent waymin). Combat is ok, at least we dont have something like endurance / health retardo POE system (i got used to it, but fuck me, whaay?), decent skills and progression, that kingdom management thing its nice.

Overall hampered by SJW writers, uninteresting maps/characters and horrible Unity programmers (loading times for everything.....You want to take a shiet, here is a loading screen). Might turn into something good, if they keep working at it, for now ill play BG EE and POE 1.

On another hand, beamdogz did actually something very cool with BGEE latest patches, lots of options to customize the gameplay, the game looks better, cool stuff, had lots of fun. Also POE is starting to click for me now that i got used to the systems.

2RLH1FK.jpg

2CBbaFr.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
A mod in the P:K steam forums said this about the adventure module:

As I said earlier - module is in work. We deeply apologize that it takes so much time to polish, test etc. Original module had around 600 pages, so, unfortunately, it is not easy and fast task. As soon as there will be more infod, we will update you on this.
It seems they paid MCA to write a module, and in true Avellonian fashion, he delivered his own adventure path. :mca:

If this is true, I hope they don't butcher it down to 96 pages or whatever. A gargantuan adventure module by MCA sounds amazing.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
yup, its not clicking for me. I like UI and parts of the character development, the graphics are ok, dont like much the maps and radomly fucking around; SJW writers (the translation for paladin skills are with HER skills, Her aura...), story is kinda meh, but not bad i guess, uninteresting characters (besides the banter between the rat and the elf undead/barbarian strong independent waymin). Combat is ok, at least we dont have something like endurance / health retardo POE system (i got used to it, but fuck me, whaay?), decent skills and progression, that kingdom management thing its nice.

On another hand, beamdogz did actually something very cool with BGEE latest patches, lots of options to customize the gameplay, the game looks better, cool stuff, had lots of fun.

What kind of drugs do you use?
POE1 has far worse loading times and those options you highlighted for BG1EE were present since years.

Thane Solus

Arcane

On another hand, beamdogz did actually something very cool with BGEE latest patches, lots of options to customize the gameplay, the game looks better, cool stuff, had lots of fun.

What kind of drugs do you use?
POE1 has far worse loading times and those options you highlighted for BG1EE were present since years.

When it was released, now its loads quite fast, compared to Pathfinder.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
For real? I thought they planly said "sorry guys, we can't do anything about it" at the time.

Thane Solus

Arcane
For real? I thought they planly said "sorry guys, we can't do anything about it" at the time.

Yeah i remember, but the Unity got better, and they probably optimized a bit as well. It also helps that the maps are bigger, and not random 10x10 map every 5 mins in Pathfinder, so you forget about loading screens. I remember uninstalling the game due to the loading screens on launch, now i barely noticed them (SSD tho).

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
horrible Unity programmers (loading times for everything.....You want to take a shiet, here is a loading screen)
My favourite part is the game doesn't impose any kind of frame limit until the initial loading sequence is complete and you reach the main menu. My GPU has been kicking out 5000FPS during the splash & loading screen and putting out some nice audible coil whine for good measure. Seen it reported several times since Sept of last year, takes one line of code to remedy. Oh well, forced Vsync it is.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Because people have other taste than you - it helps the characters sprites look better in some situations, zoom out.

I'm gonna need an example of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom