Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Thane Solus

Arcane
horrible Unity programmers (loading times for everything.....You want to take a shiet, here is a loading screen)
My favourite part is the game doesn't impose any kind of frame limit until the initial loading sequence is complete and you reach the main menu. My GPU has been kicking out 5000FPS during the splash & loading screen and putting out some nice audible coil whine for good measure. Seen it reported several times since Sept of last year, takes one line of code to remedy. Oh well, forced Vsync it is.

The game has big problems with that overall, at me, on my shitty main monitor, if i dont run in exclusive mode, vsync wont trigger and i will see bad refresh on screen while moving/scrolling.

What horrible times we live in, Russians were famous (most of the good ones) for optimized code, non sjw crap, and good art, now this game looks like it came from Sweden. Comrade Putin wtf is goin down there?! :argh:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
yup, its not clicking for me. I like UI and parts of the character development, the graphics are ok, dont like much the maps and radomly fucking around; SJW writers (the translation for paladin skills are with HER skills, Her aura...), story is kinda meh, but not bad i guess, uninteresting characters (besides the banter between the rat and the elf undead/barbarian strong independent waymin). Combat is ok, at least we dont have something like endurance / health retardo POE system (i got used to it, but fuck me, whaay?), decent skills and progression, that kingdom management thing its nice.

Overall hampered by SJW writers, uninteresting maps/characters and horrible Unity programmers (loading times for everything.....You want to take a shiet, here is a loading screen). Might turn into something good, if they keep working at it, for now ill play BG EE and POE 1.

On another hand, beamdogz did actually something very cool with BGEE latest patches, lots of options to customize the gameplay, the game looks better, cool stuff, had lots of fun. Also POE is starting to click for me now that i got used to the systems.
Class and ability descriptions were more or less copy pasted from the rulebooks. And in rulebook, HER is used for everything.
You can blame these devs for lots of stuff but you cannot blame them for this.

Also if using Her in rulebook is a sign of SJW (these rulebooks were released a long time ago, long time before people even came up with SJW term), you got a serious mental problem. Paranoia I think it is called. Go get some help or pills.

hell bovine

Arcane
A mod in the P:K steam forums said this about the adventure module:

As I said earlier - module is in work. We deeply apologize that it takes so much time to polish, test etc. Original module had around 600 pages, so, unfortunately, it is not easy and fast task. As soon as there will be more infod, we will update you on this.
It seems they paid MCA to write a module, and in true Avellonian fashion, he delivered his own adventure path. :mca:

If this is true, I hope they don't butcher it down to 96 pages or whatever. A gargantuan adventure module by MCA sounds amazing.
Is it the one with Maegar Varn in it? I quite liked his character and there was supposed to be a dlc expanding on his story.

Deleted Member 16721

I think the sprite outlines look good in the game, but I ultimately turned them off. But yeah, they make the characters pop more. Go ahead, rate this post shit, do it. Do it!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got two questions about story. Note furthest I got is near end of Pitax chapter so maybe these are answered later and I just didn't get to it yet.
1. Do we find out who resurrected
Tartuchio as Tartuk
after you kill him chapter 1? By the conversation that the stranger gives it should not be
Irroveti or main villainess
but someone else.
2. Glenbon, leader is that stuck up lord that talks high to you at start. Later you can just annex it without dealing with him directly. What is up with that?

Efe

Erudite
I got two questions about story. Note furthest I got is near end of Pitax chapter so maybe these are answered later and I just didn't get to it yet.
Tartuchio as Tartuk
after you kill him chapter 1? By the conversation that the stranger gives it should not be
but someone else.
2. Glenbon, leader is that stuck up lord that talks high to you at start. Later you can just annex it without dealing with him directly. What is up with that?
glenbon (noot sure about the name) is in irovettis dungeon. he tells you that he never arrived at his lands. later irovetti tested briar on him and fucked him up. im not sure what happens if irovetti has fake briar.
tartuccio is resurrected by big bad.

hell bovine

Arcane
Tartuchio as Tartuk
but someone else.
Yep. From what I recall the old beldame in the swamps kind of hints at who's responsible, though she talks about a different curse.
I'm actually curious about that as well.
But I did kill him so maybe there's more to the story if you let him live. For some reason I kind of presumed it's Shyka, even if it doesn't really make any sense
Nope.

edit: I have to say that this particular endgame moment was well done, even though you have to slog through the spam gazers to get there.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
Tartuchio as Tartuk
but someone else.
It is (major spoiler here):

The lantern king. If you listen to his voice he has the same inflections as that ball of fire and his dialogue makes several references to jokes and theatrics, which is the whole theme of that character.

Funposter

Arcane
SJW writers (the translation for paladin skills are with HER skills, Her aura...)
This kind of annoyed me at first, but I got over it. I don't have a problem with some classes reading 'his' and others 'her'. I do think that they probably chose Paladin as one of the female classes in order to fuck with a certain kind of person, but there's also every chance that it was done at random. I think the main reason I found it initially jarring is that I immediately went to create a male Paladin.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, then something more obscure. Frog icon you get from Old Sycamore dungeon, did anyone try to carry it on them through whole game? Any place to use it or is it just an item to sell?
Also the toy figurines you get from one of Stag Lord lieutenants, anyone found any use for them?

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
I have not and I have carried them through the entire game twice. I am an obsessive hoarder.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ok, then something more obscure. Frog icon you get from Old Sycamore dungeon, did anyone try to carry it on them through whole game? Any place to use it or is it just an item to sell?
Also the toy figurines you get from one of Stag Lord lieutenants, anyone found any use for them?

Didn't find any use for either one. Ended up selling the toad since it's like 10 lb.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I found a funny bug. If you use Channel Energy to heal your party when next to neutral creatures like Elk they turn hostile and attack your party :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
put the frog statue where you put the bird
635fc42eeb741a8645b27fca6d1ea4d03982f115_hq.gif

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Tartuchio as Tartuk
after you kill him chapter 1?
Do you remember that old man you met in the beginning which when you were nice, said where is Tartuk and that Tartuk is preparing some nasty stuff? Was he called Remus?

It's easy to recognize him by his look.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
So I found a funny bug. If you use Channel Energy to heal your party when next to neutral creatures like Elk they turn hostile and attack your party :D
Yeah, I found that one when I was fighting that Count Smoulderburn, and a bunch of elk rushed my casters from the rear.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, I found that one when I was fighting that Count Smoulderburn, and a bunch of elk rushed my casters from the rear.
Elk are traitors. They were jealous you didn't heal them.

Do you remember how Elk in GTA V called police when they seen you commit crimes?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tartuchio as Tartuk
after you kill him chapter 1?
Do you remember that old man you met in the beginning which when you were nice, said where is Tartuk and that Tartuk is preparing some nasty stuff? Was he called Remus?

It's easy to recognize him by his look.
That is not Remus that does the resurrection. Remus shows up later, he is leading that cult just before Season of the Bloom.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok so I decided to multiclass Valerie right away into an Earth Bender Kinetic Knight. She gained some mad deeps with that move but lost defense, at least at these low levels. Too bad Earth KK weapon still needs to hit normal AC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom