Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
NPCs have very few key words they respond to. You can use the same basic vocabulary in almost all encounters.

Sometimes they do drop hints on the intro/exit blurbs, but seeing how random meeting certain NPCs is...

Just mind read.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Gunnar

Arbiter
Basically, he recommends saving the extra attribute points before arriving at a Bard after several class changes - then use those extra attribute points on the Bard to reach the Jester requirements as the final class.

This is good advice for building any character actually. You should save as many bonus attribute points as possible as you're changing classes and leveling up, and also from initial bonus pool and then place them all only when you reach your final class so they arent wasted. This makes multiclassing even more powerful than I thought before, since you can gain massive attributes this way.

Last edited:

Sonic Titan

Educated
Alright here we go:

1. Saurian: Berserker/Ranger/Thief/Pirate/Warrior
2. Saurian: Ranger/Warrior/Metalsmith/Berserker/Pirate
3. Rhattu: Thief/Assassin/Warrior/Berserker/Pirate
4. Naga: Berserker/Metalsmith/Warrior/Ranger/Thief/Assassin
5. Wolfin: Cleric/Templar/Warrior/Berserker/Ranger
6. Feyfolk: Necromancer/Wizard/Sage/Cleric/Bard/Jester
7. Barrower: Thaumaturge/Necromancer/Sage/Wizard
8. Aeorb Sage (MAYBE that tryhard path all the way to Jester)

So, when rolling party members, all 33+ minimum and all going to attributes

Gunnar

Arbiter
Alright here we go:

1. Saurian: Berserker/Ranger/Thief/Pirate/Warrior
2. Saurian: Ranger/Warrior/Metalsmith/Berserker/Pirate
3. Rhattu: Thief/Assassin/Warrior/Berserker/Pirate
4. Naga: Berserker/Metalsmith/Warrior/Ranger/Thief/Assassin
5. Wolfin: Cleric/Templar/Warrior/Berserker/Ranger
6. Feyfolk: Necromancer/Wizard/Sage/Cleric/Bard/Jester
7. Barrower: Thaumaturge/Necromancer/Sage/Wizard
8. Aeorb Sage (MAYBE that tryhard path all the way to Jester)

So, when rolling party members, all 33+ minimum and all going to attributes

Hmm. If you put a prestige class into the middle of a class chain you will have to likely pay high attribute cost in order to make the class change, which you then lose when you change to the next class.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is there any reason to not multi-class ?

I hate when the best path by far in a game is to multi-class everything six ways from Sunday. It makes the concept of a class meaningless and each one is less distinct and with less flavor since everyone ends up a master of everything cock-swasher/berserker/pirate/lich/cleric of the temple of twin bollocks/lord.

Boo, I say, Boo to this popamole shit!
Play an earlier version of Grimoire, where the amount of experience needed to reach the level that allowed you to switch classes was so prohibitively high that you had no reasonable option but to complete the game with the same character classes you began with. +M

Sonic Titan

Educated
So I'm getting my dick kicked in by these bugs right out the gate. Every step in Cowl is one step further on this trail of tears. I fucking love it.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I scribed a spell from an arcanum spellbook, it says that I learned the spell, but then when I go check my spellbook under arcane spells, it's not there. Not available to learn from extra spells available either. I don't get it.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I scribed a spell from an arcanum spellbook, it says that I learned the spell, but then when I go check my spellbook under arcane spells, it's not there. Not available to learn from extra spells available either. I don't get it.

Did you get the secret page?

No, all I got was pimp-slapped a bunch of times and this book. Also why can't I try again with this guy? I exited the convo so I could save and look at my stats and he wouldnt come back.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Did you get the secret page?

No, all I got was pimp-slapped a bunch of times and this book. Also why can't I try again with this guy? I exited the convo so I could save and look at my stats and he wouldnt come back.

Git gud

Replicante

Educated
Can anybody give some advice as to how Casting skill and Spell power level relate, if broadly, to avoid spell failure while casting at optimum power level for said skill levels?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's not just the power level itself, but even more so how much mana that spell uses per power level, I think. The more mana you use for a spell, the more there is a chance that it will fail - at least that's my impression.

Replicante

Educated
Is there
1) any way to visualise the current buffs active for my party (in combat)?
2) A way to split items, given that being overloaded prevents you from attacking at all? (Ammo weight)
I am missing these valuable millenial features
Cheers!

edited so I don't spam the thread:

3)Say I get the "shivers" spell (Frost) for my necromancer
and skill level from what I understand regulates magic use in general
but I don't have a sorcery skill, only necromancy. SO what governs the success of this spell?

edited: At this point I assume it checks the highest magic skill your char has. But then you can skip raising others if you multiclass, which is nice. Also it seems that buffing and healing spells never fizzle or fail, if so, you can stick with using this in hybrid classes (ranger in early game) and you dont need to level up their magic skill? Hmm

I'm reaaally enjoying the game but my ignorance about some basic mechanics does detract from the experience : |

Last edited:

Replicante

Educated
It's not just the power level itself, but even more so how much mana that spell uses per power level, I think. The more mana you use for a spell, the more there is a chance that it will fail - at least that's my impression.
For the moment I am matching mana consumed with skill level and seem to be doing fine? Thanks for the input

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Does the poison spell stack on the same enemy if casted repeteadly by different party members?

Yassum. So every round with their poison condition stacked up that poison will continue doing damage. This works well on your light weight monsters but BOSSes usually shrug off the effects pretty easily. Tried to balance it where it kills insects, mythical monsters it's not a game changer.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The Sword Ego says "As long as another one of us is in your party, I cannot join you." Who is another one of them?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I used bonus points from the character creation on HP bonus, either that makes the game too easy or the difficulty have been dumbed down too much (difficulty 3/5) or maybe i should have played on max difficulty ?

Also, the one thing that had to change didn't, the small window in which we're supposed to read a huge amount of text is made for people playing their nose stuck to their screen, that's barely playable for me (playing 2 meters away), i have to get closer for comfortable reading or i can just skip any fucking text (playing in full screen).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom