Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite game of all time?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
If you would have to choose only one with a gun to your head.

Any decade.

It doesn't have to be an RPG.

All genres. All platforms.

It'd be also nice if you could elaborate why.

For me it is probably Quake II on the PC. It was just groundbreaking in so many ways. It really showed me what is possible to do in a video game. Loved the industrial aesthetic, non-linear gameplay and hand-crafted levels packed with secrets and tiny details. Weapons felt awesome and so has turning enemies into gibs. The music was perfect too. And of course multiplayer.

Last edited:

soulburner

Cipher
Quake. I love the medieval-futuristic mix, the monsters, overall art style, the weapons are great and I love how they look - centered, with simple animations and not taking 3/4 of screen space like in many modern games.
I'm gonna start it up now.

Quake 2 was great, too, btw.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Deus Ex
one of the first PC game I ever played and still remains my fav, no matter how old myself grow up or how my tastes changes there is still place and time for another playthrough
It started as a "that game which feels like X-Files game", frankly can't watch it anymore but this game? 20 years is milleniums in the industry...

Space Nugget

Commandos 2: Men of Courage

I can't think of many games that I enjoyed as much, from start to finish. It's probably the game that had the most influence on my gaming tastes. Commandos 2 also awakened my interest in WWII history.

Prolly Doom 1. I assume this isn't a desert island scenario when you're saying have to choose one sine I'd probably pick something else in that case, but Doom 1's probably my most replayed game of all time and I always have a good time. I don't even play wads all that heavily, just every so often I feel the urge for some Doom and fire it or Doom 2 up, I just lean more toward 1 since I like the levels so much more.

DemonKing

Arcane
Probably the original Company of Heroes - I swear that game is like lightning in a bottle. Everything from graphics, gameplay and SFX were pretty much perfect.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
MUDs back when they were alive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom