Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fairfax

Arcane
A mod in the P:K steam forums said this about the adventure module:

As I said earlier - module is in work. We deeply apologize that it takes so much time to polish, test etc. Original module had around 600 pages, so, unfortunately, it is not easy and fast task. As soon as there will be more infod, we will update you on this.
It seems they paid MCA to write a module, and in true Avellonian fashion, he delivered his own adventure path. :mca:

If this is true, I hope they don't butcher it down to 96 pages or whatever. A gargantuan adventure module by MCA sounds amazing.
Is it the one with Maegar Varn in it? I quite liked his character and there was supposed to be a dlc expanding on his story.
I don't think so. It's a PnP module, not part of DLC.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok so I decided to multiclass Valerie right away into an Earth Bender Kinetic Knight. She gained some mad deeps with that move but lost defense, at least at these low levels. Too bad Earth KK weapon still needs to hit normal AC.
Pretty cool. Aoe Bouldering Whirlwind should be fun. Though it comes around level 7 (?) I think. So similar as second element. Could have went with Water first for some extra AC. Possibly also touch attacks with ice.... though I'm not sure if ice combines with earth, so maybe not.

Edit: Or maybe Fire. That's Touch and lets you pick the intimidation feats as wild talents.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
I also support Water first, then Earth second.
  • Water gives you a very useful pre-camp heal early in the game where healing is harder to get.
  • Cold is Touch AC.
  • Blindfight Wildtalents make her immune to gaze attacks.
  • Water Shield is as good as a Heavy Shield+ and has no weight, helping with her encumbrance issues.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok so I decided to multiclass Valerie right away into an Earth Bender Kinetic Knight. She gained some mad deeps with that move but lost defense, at least at these low levels. Too bad Earth KK weapon still needs to hit normal AC.
Pretty cool. Aoe Bouldering Whirlwind should be fun. Though it comes around level 7 (?) I think. So similar as second element. Could have went with Water first for some extra AC. Possibly also touch attacks with ice.... though I'm not sure if ice combines with earth, so maybe not.

Edit: Or maybe Fire. That's Touch and lets you pick the intimidation feats as wild talents.
I also support Water first, then Earth second.
  • Water gives you a very useful pre-camp heal early in the game where healing is harder to get.
  • Cold is Touch AC.
  • Blindfight Wildtalents make her immune to gaze attacks.
  • Water Shield is as good as a Heavy Shield+ and has no weight, helping with her encumbrance issues.
You are guys saying these things as like I know how these classes work :D
I picked Earth because description said it is a defensive element.
So far I see I get DR from it and I picked up a Trip feat. What I am wondering how am I supposed to accumulate Burn with this character? I only got my melee attack that costs 0 burn. I need 3 burn at some point so I can get a +2 size bonus to two physical stats.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
From the Pathfinder: Kingmaker notes of the 1.2.0 Beta patch: ""Be aware that you will have to download around 18 Gb to take part in the Beta! The reason the update is so big is that we are working on the loading time issue, so we had to repack almost all game data.""

Official patch 1.2.0 drops "mid January". Hopefully it really does lessen loading!

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally completed this. The House on the Edge of Time was so fucking tedious that it killed my motivation to play it for the last month or two. The final portion of the game after that isn't as bad as I was expecting but could have been really improved with more reactivity towards your choices throughout the game. The ending slides are fine, although they're apparently still buggy as fuck as half of them didn't trigger for me (I watched a YouTube video after that supposedly shows all the endings and at least a half-dozen didn't show up for me [i.e. nothing about the economy, how religion is treated, and a couple of others]).

I'll wait at least a year to replay it and hopefully within that time they'll have polished up the second half of the game. Those first three chapters truly are some of the best content in an RPG released in a long, long time but everything after that is... ungood.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't agree with only 3 chapters being good. I enjoyed every chapter so far up to and including Pitax one.
But if one stands out, it is the kill Stag Lord one.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Isn't Kingmaker chapter 1 already longer or as long as the entirety of PoE 2? I know you can definitely finish base PoE 2 in less than 25 hours.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Isn't Kingmaker chapter 1 already longer or as long as the entirety of PoE 2? I know you can definitely finish base PoE 2 in less than 25 hours.
Oleg -> kidnapping because you searched too far away -> Sycamore ->(eaten by floating skull because of being stupid, end of ironman next attempt) Stag lord -> do you wanna to finish rest of the stuff, or can we just time skip to big glorification?

Oleg if you prepare isn't entirely suicide. Sycamore is large map with underground, that large map doesn't happen again. There is (optional?) small dungeon. Stag lord related areas. First chapter isn't that large, when you play ironman don't reload one combat 30x, and don't count area transition loading times. (Actually I changed to: Party wipe and loading last autosave don't break ironman.)

Not sure about PoE2 because everytime I want to play it, I remember I didn't finish PoE. Then I start for two hours thinking if I should finish PoE. Then it's night and I go sleep. Technically story sucks, thus I will not break story immersion by playing it with half year interruption. But combat feels stupid, weapons doesn't feel lethal, and attribute system feels like someone seen RPG used attributes, thus he can have some numbers and character system, and it would be that thing.

Skyrim and Morrowind felt larger than Kingmaker.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Wow... That is... I cannot even...

I'm speechless by how wrong this is.

Reinhardt

Arcane

YES! You can speedrun Deadfire in 20+ minutes. And 1/4 of this time will be opening scene with Berath.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oleg -> kidnapping because you searched too far away -> Sycamore ->(eaten by floating skull because of being stupid, end of ironman next attempt) Stag lord -> do you wanna to finish rest of the stuff, or can we just time skip to big glorification?

Oleg if you prepare isn't entirely suicide. Sycamore is large map with underground, that large map doesn't happen again. There is (optional?) small dungeon. Stag lord related areas. First chapter isn't that large, when you play ironman don't reload one combat 30x, and don't count area transition loading times. (Actually I changed to: Party wipe and loading last autosave don't break ironman.)

Not sure about PoE2 because everytime I want to play it, I remember I didn't finish PoE. Then I start for two hours thinking if I should finish PoE. Then it's night and I go sleep. Technically story sucks, thus I will not break story immersion by playing it with half year interruption. But combat feels stupid, weapons doesn't feel lethal, and attribute system feels like someone seen RPG used attributes, thus he can have some numbers and character system, and it would be that thing.

Skyrim and Morrowind felt larger than Kingmaker.
WTF does this mean?

And it is not only Sycamore, there is that whole Abandoned hut->Temple of the Elk (and Technique league encounter that happens always when you start moving towards those two areas). BTW, the treebear is still a killer if you go there at lvl 2. I needed to load save and do the fight like 5 times on challenging. I can now imagine why people complained when it had 10 DR at release. It would be impossible at lvl 2 in that case.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh dear, all that father abuse arc. I wanted to forget it. Does anyone know why that druid tries to attack you instead of standing above grave of his misguided son in the epilogue?

(Yes I know, that would be proper writing.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh dear, all that father abuse arc. I wanted to forget it. Does anyone know why that druid tries to attack you instead of standing above grave of his misguided son in the epilogue?

(Yes I know, that would be proper writing.)
Because he is mad. That is at least clear.
He has been tortured for who knows how long. His mind broke.

Lhynn

Arcane
BTW, the treebear is still a killer if you go there at lvl 2. I needed to load save and do the fight like 5 times on challenging. I can now imagine why people complained when it had 10 DR at release. It would be impossible at lvl 2 in that case.
Beatable at level 1 with 2 characters and a bit of patience now. Just grease the fucker and amiri + the orc fuck can destroy it.

Grease was a godsend.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
YES! You can speedrun Deadfire in 20+ minutes. And 1/4 of this time will be opening scene with Berath.
I seen the beginning. Step 1. Murder Eder.
Step 2. Remove all clothes from your other two party members.
Step 3. Sell theirs clothes to vendor, then rob him of what he bought from you, and sell it again. Until you have enough money, then rob him again and give these clothes back.
Step 4. Rogues have for some reason teleport spell combined with invisibility after teleportation.
Step 5. Move few switches.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

If there actually is an exploit like that... it hardly matters in a discussion about the lenght of the entire game.

jf8350143

Liturgist
It is possible to finish PoE 2 in less than 25 hours, and it is also possible to finish Kingmaker's chapter 1 in less than 2 hours, I finished it in 3 hours(to rush to the second chapter so that I get the DLC companion), and since my computer sucks I spend half an hour on the loading screen, and I can skip some side content to make it shorter.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It is possible to finish PoE 2 in less than 25 hours, and it is also possible to finish Kingmaker's chapter 1 in less than 2 hours, I finished it in 3 hours(to rush to the second chapter so that I get the DLC companion), and since my computer sucks I spend half an hour on the loading screen, and I can skip some side content to make it shorter.
It is possible to finish PoE 2 in 2 minutes.
Would you get outro and all archivements?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom