Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
So Int/Wis is useless?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
So Int/Wis is useless?

Int/Wis controls learning and affects numerous actions in the game on part of the player.

INT and WIS are used for learning in all kinds of contexts, affects spellcasting and lockpicking, is used in inspection and detect secret, also applied to NPC interaction and negotiation (c)

Can you please say how INT and WIS affects spellcasting?

Spiky

Learned
Yesterday I played Grimoire for the first time since superdemo. The game is out for ~1.5 year, yet it still has black screen bug if you turn on windowed mode while screen scaling is on. If he couldn't fix such basic issue yet, I am worried about more complex game mechanisms.

Still, I left positive review on Steam, hoping that one day he will focus on bug fixing instead of shit talking.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Are humans worth running it for any class?
I have a hard time picking anything but Barrower or Wolfin. I know that is on me and my OCD, but that mana regen is so sweet, and Aeorb/Fairy vitality is horrendous. That just leaves Saurians (that I know of) in the Fast category, and they are stupid puking snakes.

Humans and Drows (Elves) have the slowest mana regeneration, so they can only be good for other professions I guess.

• Saurians are strong and fast, but gain skill points through use much slower than others due to being the by far stupidest race. Also, Saurians have the lowest number of total attribute points along with the Aeorb, making these two not such great choices for multiclassing.

I made a drow caster, and it indeed does suck that his mana regen is slow... but it's more of a convenience thing. I wonder if I had picked all my caster races with slow regen if it would appear to be a problem at all, or if it's more just frustratingly slow by comparison.

I have a Saurian Warrior in my first slot and he was the first to master his weapon skill by far. I'm not sure INT covers point increases for weapons.

I think the bonus point multiplier for certain professions covers everything you get on levelup, from attribute points to skill points and possibly HP/ mana.

Saurian Berserkers e.g. get a huge amount of martial skill points per level.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I have a hard time picking anything but Barrower or Wolfin. I know that is on me and my OCD, but that mana regen is so sweet, and Aeorb/Fairy vitality is horrendous. That just leaves Saurians (that I know of) in the Fast category, and they are stupid puking snakes.

Humans and Drows (Elves) have the slowest mana regeneration, so they can only be good for other professions I guess.

• Saurians are strong and fast, but gain skill points through use much slower than others due to being the by far stupidest race. Also, Saurians have the lowest number of total attribute points along with the Aeorb, making these two not such great choices for multiclassing.

I made a drow caster, and it indeed does suck that his mana regen is slow... but it's more of a convenience thing. I wonder if I had picked all my caster races with slow regen if it would appear to be a problem at all, or if it's more just frustratingly slow by comparison.

I have a Saurian Warrior in my first slot and he was the first to master his weapon skill by far. I'm not sure INT covers point increases for weapons.

I think the bonus point multiplier for certain professions covers everything you get on levelup, from attribute points to skill points and possibly HP/ mana.

My observation has been that the bonus point multiplier only covers skills. I didn't spend any skill points on weapon skills for any of my characters since they would go up on their own. I spent it all on shields and then promptly found an awesome 2-handed weapon for him. I think weapon skills go up simply through use and so it makes sense my first slot warrior would max out first.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

My observation has been that the bonus point multiplier only covers skills. I didn't spend any skill points on weapon skills for any of my characters since they would go up on their own. I spent it all on shields and then promptly found an awesome 2-handed weapon for him. I think weapon skills go up simply through use and so it makes sense my first slot warrior would max out first.

as others have noticed, if you kill a monster, your weapon skill can go up. I thought this depended on INT but I've also seen it happen a lot on low level Saurians, so it's either independent of Int or the base chance is just very high.

On e.g. Drake Metalsmiths or Saurian Berserkers I've seen 5 attribute points on levelup very often, haven't made up my mind if this is influenced by Bonus multipliers.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
On e.g. Drake Metalsmiths or Saurian Berserkers I've seen 5 attribute points on levelup very often, haven't made up my mind if this is influenced by Bonus multipliers.

The mana points you get on level up are supposed to be influenced by the DEV attribute. You can get extra skill points through the bonus multiplier of the race/class-combination you chose.

Maybe other attributes also have an effect on how many HP, attribute points and skill points you get on level up, but I don't think Cleve ever mentioned that. Maybe it's supposed to remain a secret.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
There might be some stats increasing attribute points gains but i'm quite sure there's a random basis + maybe a slight bonus.

I'm trying the V2, so far, most of the negative points have been dealt with, there's even fewer fire bugs in Cowl random encounters (used to have groups of 8 in V1.2 even with a low level party)

glasnost

Augur
I wanted to name my party "The Forlorn Hope," but it's too long for the field. It's not essential, but is there any chance of allowing longer names in future updates?

GandGolf

Augur
I wanted to name my party "The Forlorn Hope," but it's too long for the field. It's not essential, but is there any chance of allowing longer names in future updates?

Maybe you could shorten it to 'florn hope' or just flornope?

If the manual comes out before Easter though it will be a miracle!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I couldn't fit "Blood Ravens" so I had to settle for "Bruvas".

Jazz_

Arcane
30 hours in and this game is amazing. Not even kidding one of the best games I've ever played, the exploration is a joy, the combat challenging and requiring some brainpower (and to be resourceful with your inventory, here the crap in your inventory matters and some items can really turn the tide in desperate situations), and everytime I level up I legit become autistic about deciding how to spend my skill points or what new spells to get. The gonzo ''self-aware'' setting and characters and the tidbits of cleveian humour scattered throughout the game are the cherry on top. :incline:

Bohr

Arcane
Take your Trump butthurt to pol, faggot, this subforum is for relevant stuff like manuals, sewer rats and magnetic pole reversals

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom