Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking about ammo Comrade Atomboy can you add the fallout 2 style click to enter the amount in barter window? somehow you want to remove let say 50 rounds and its taking ages since you can take either 100 or one with one click only. A small comfort of play addition Comrade. Or move ammo by clips Fallout style.

filpan

Scholar
Speaking about ammo Comrade Atomboy can you add the fallout 2 style click to enter the amount in barter window? somehow you want to remove let say 50 rounds and its taking ages since you can take either 100 or one with one click only. A small comfort of play addition Comrade. Or move ammo by clips Fallout style.
Whatcha talking about?! You can move as many as you want, just type in the number.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, on the topic of the BBQ joint and settling politics:
Is there no way to deal with the leader of the traders and the leader of the guards, after finding out that they were involved with the BBQ-slavers, after you've settled the politics, without aggroing fucking everyone? When resolving the politics, you have the opportunity of silently killing them, but after resolving it peacefully and then showing up with the evidence that they were involved with the BBQ-slavers, it seems you can't actually do anything at all other than having a huge shoot-out. I can't even tell the Harbormaster guy.

I must say, so far, Peregon is incredibly unsatisfying.
Quoting myself here, because I've found a related bug (ping Atomboy):
After very much not killing the two faction leaders in Peregon, upon handing the BBQ quest in to the postman in Krasnoz, he asks me what they looked like when they died, and all my responses assume that they did. But I never did kill them.

Really, currently, the game seems to assume that you're supposed to do the BBQ quest prior to resolving the politics in Peregon, and then kill the major players as part of the quest to resolve the politics, but given that you can only resolve the BBQ quest in Peregon through a very specific action (tricking the BBQ slavers into leaving, through a dialogue choice unlocked by <???>), that's one hell of an assumption, and if you don't do it like that, you seem to be SOL.
I've postponed handing the quest in, hoping that it'll be fixed in a patch.
Observations: Merchants sometimes have weapons for sale, and often, these weapons have ammo inside of them. You can unload weapons in the merchant inventory, allowing you to either buy cheaper weapons or to just buy the ammo (which is what I do, because at this point, ammo is a more reliable currency).
You can always craft your own weapons and ammo. I'm still in the begining, but I'm already using a custom rifle with a sight that is really effective. The ammo (zip rounds, shot rounds) are easier to make.
In my case, it's not an issue of getting ammo, but rather of getting rid of stuff. The reason I'm treating ammo as currency is because it's light-weight and worth a lot, whereas nobody has enough rubles to actually give me cash for all the trash I'm hauling. Mind you, they don't have enough ammo, either, but it's something, at least.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, on the topic of the BBQ joint and settling politics:
Is there no way to deal with the leader of the traders and the leader of the guards, after finding out that they were involved with the BBQ-slavers, after you've settled the politics, without aggroing fucking everyone? When resolving the politics, you have the opportunity of silently killing them, but after resolving it peacefully and then showing up with the evidence that they were involved with the BBQ-slavers, it seems you can't actually do anything at all other than having a huge shoot-out. I can't even tell the Harbormaster guy.

I must say, so far, Peregon is incredibly unsatisfying.
Quoting myself here, because I've found a related bug (ping Atomboy):
After very much not killing the two faction leaders in Peregon, upon handing the BBQ quest in to the postman in Krasnoz, he asks me what they looked like when they died, and all my responses assume that they did. But I never did kill them.

Really, currently, the game seems to assume that you're supposed to do the BBQ quest prior to resolving the politics in Peregon, and then kill the major players as part of the quest to resolve the politics, but given that you can only resolve the BBQ quest in Peregon through a very specific action (tricking the BBQ slavers into leaving, through a dialogue choice unlocked by <???>), that's one hell of an assumption, and if you don't do it like that, you seem to be SOL.
I've postponed handing the quest in, hoping that it'll be fixed in a patch.
Observations: Merchants sometimes have weapons for sale, and often, these weapons have ammo inside of them. You can unload weapons in the merchant inventory, allowing you to either buy cheaper weapons or to just buy the ammo (which is what I do, because at this point, ammo is a more reliable currency).
You can always craft your own weapons and ammo. I'm still in the begining, but I'm already using a custom rifle with a sight that is really effective. The ammo (zip rounds, shot rounds) are easier to make.
In my case, it's not an issue of getting ammo, but rather of getting rid of stuff. The reason I'm treating ammo as currency is because it's light-weight and worth a lot, whereas nobody has enough rubles to actually give me cash for all the trash I'm hauling. Mind you, they don't have enough ammo, either, but it's something, at least.[/user]

What is ending for paragon if you do kill those two btw? I presumed the loss of head of guards and merchants would bring destabilization to the town so decided to not press the investigation further. Could give them good old fashioned KGB style bullet onto the back of head Justice if they don't matter at all.

Commissar Draco

Patron
is there a bigger reward if i decline the rubbles the head chief gives from the various quests?like some prewar pristine kalash?

You will get satisfaction you did good deed/acted like a good Communist Comrade... What you did expected to get scoped hunting riffle instead of 500 caps? Its real Post Soviet Wasteland out there not some Yank Utopia Comrade. Good Luck getting onto the bunker in Krasno, restoring the car of paying for truck ride and sea journey if you behave like good Comsomol member would BTW. You need 25 000 rubles on bribes alone.

:hero:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game to be honest, is the most i have spent on bribes. 1000 to enter kraz (500 with haggle) 3500 to enter bunker, another 3500 to go to woe mountains, and soem other minor shit.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Problem, commies? :lol:
Switched to Auto Weapons for late game, paid 20k for the RPD and ammo.
Holeee shit. 7 shot per short burst (7AP), 99% chance to hit and somehow still has a chance to inflict limb critical hits.
Encounters go so much faster now. Also, every member of the team should be given 3 dosages of super stims in their packs. That is the only way you can keep them alive. Ofcourse the Dog can't use stims, that's why I'm like 33% likely to accept that the mutt is gonna die anyway.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got that SKV rifle thing that cost 6000 with 17-25 damage. equipped dear hexagon with it, he became death machine fast.

Fidel with the lenin chainsaw is pretty badass too.

The dog sadly, was powerful early, nowadays he is only good for fightinh rats and insects. No armor, no weapons.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Whomever took the decision to base everything in the game on Fallout 1, including the completely and utterly useless CNPC/party controls, should be beaten with a stick.

Sometimes they just run headlong into combat, instead of firing, only to in turn be mowed down by their comrade with a shotgun. It's like hearding cats, except with cats you at least get cuddles at some point. It's more like hearding tumbleweeds made out of razors through Minefield F8.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whomever took the decision to base everything in the game on Fallout 1, including the completely and utterly useless CNPC/party controls, should be beaten with a stick.

Sometimes they just run headlong into combat, instead of firing, only to in turn be mowed down by their comrade with a shotgun. It's like hearding cats, except with cats you at least get cuddles at some point. It's more like hearding tumbleweeds made out of razors through Minefield F8.
hold left click in a a fight.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
hold left click in a a fight.
How will this magically help me? Holding left-click in a fight would make no difference. But if you're referring to giving orders to CNPCs, I already am, and it rarely helps, since they'll run to wherever you want them to run, waste a turn (even if you only want them to take one step, they're going to spend their entire turn doing that and proceed to do nothing else), and then immediately resume being fucking retarded. Sticking to this kind of system was quite simply fucking stupid.
or give em long range rifles
They'll still stand in eachother's ways and shoot at eachother in straight lines, and keep standing there, shooting friends or getting shot at by friends. It helps only marginally. It's especially funny when someone straight-up blows the head off a friendly with a Dragunov.

Jesus Christ I regret not going for sniping myself, because then at least you could initiate combat effectively at long range, and then tell your team to set up as the enemy runs into your traps. Some basic commands like Hold Position, or "Go there", both in combat and out of combat, would be helpful, but it's really just different ways to put a band-aid on a stab wound.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom