Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I just beat Mass Effect 1

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Update after you finish ME:2 and let us know if you will continue onto ME:3 (assuming you bought it) or if you would buy it now.
I'm always curious as to how much integrity my fellow gamers have. :obviously:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
ME:1 was better. But stick with ME:2, there are some enjoyable moments. I never bothered with the third one.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I haven't played since...the mass effect trilogy released and I played it on my room-mate's PS4. Before that I beat it three times in 2007-8 on my Xbox.

I finally played it on PC.

One: The Graphics and framerate are much better on PC. The world is genuinely interesting and I liked some of the quests. Lots of it is recycled garbage though. I really don't understand the difficulty swings at all. I was vanguard and I was able to easily slaughter my way through the main campaign using what were mostly tungsten rounds which were endlessly dumped into my inventory every few minutes. I didn't like most of the combat. I really disliked the bizarre "enemy rushes to you, stands stock still, you instantly die" thing that happens with a lot of the tougher enemies. I liked that creepers at least spat acid at you or whatever. I don't understand why the fuck Krogan and Geth Juggernaut and Destroyer animations had to look like such shit.

Overall, a fun little console game. Onto Mass Effect 2, another game I haven't touched in 5 years.
Nice! Now you're done with the series.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Just remembering of the Mako sequences... :negative:

Wasn't this the start of the Bioware renaissance when they started to hire 'women who don't play games, but are gonna start designing them for everyone who does?' Or was that the ore scanning in ME:2...

Swigen

Arbiter
Heard a lot of great things about this series. Andromeda is on sale for like $7 so I think I’m ready to take the plunge.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I tried playing this recently but quit because there's too much combat. And the combat is HORRIBLE, which doesn't help.

Compare to KOTOR where you spend most time exploring areas and talking. Every planet you go to begins with conversations and mostly combat-free exploration. In ME every planet you land on greets you with instant combat and some huge problem that needs to be taken care of immediately.

It felt like more of a shooter than an RPG to me, and the shooting mechanics were garbage

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Went back and replayed ME1 because my niece was playing it, figured she'd need a shoulder to cry on after the third game.

I didn't even make it that far, enjoyed replaying 1 to a point and then planet scanning in 2 brought my replay to an end.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Enjoy firing probes at planets for 80 hours
I never got the butthurt about this. You dont have to do this nearly as much as you had to roam random empty planets in ME1. It's 100x faster and unless you aim to probe every planet in the game, it doesn't take much time.

Mostly I think this is about the autists who loved bouncing around unrealistically in the mako for 80 hours, while larping a moon rover.

Sykar

Arcane
Enjoy firing probes at planets for 80 hours
I never got the butthurt about this. You dont have to do this nearly as much as you had to roam random empty planets in ME1. It's 100x faster and unless you aim to probe every planet in the game, it doesn't take much time.

Mostly I think this is about the autists who loved bouncing around unrealistically in the mako for 80 hours, while larping a moon rover.

The Mako was badly implemented but anyone with half a brain could see that it could have been fun if it had been polished properly. Instead of improving on that part though Bioderp just outright cut it from the game and replaced it with the most boring gameplay possible, literally whack-a-mole in space garbage.

The Mako was badly implemented but anyone with half a brain could see that it could have been fun if it had been polished properly
anyone with half a brain could tell that it was broken, dumb and a waste of time. what did you want? platforming? races?
Instead of improving on that part though Bioderp just outright cut it from the game
and focused on the combat and cinematic RPG stuff like quests and characters instead of the dumb car you are so attached to for no reason.

you freely admit that it was implemented poorly, yet you're so asshurt that it's gone for some reason. apparently you were one of these spergs who got off on running around in your little bouncy castle simulator and just don't want to admit it. instead blaming the minigame, as if minigames are somehow new to ME in 2.

replaced it with the most boring gameplay possible, literally whack-a-mole in space garbage.
minigames are lame, but ME1 had minigames too.

no, the most boring gameplay possible was running around a giant empty square hunting for datapads or resources that ultimately will mean nothing. the mako was garbage and I was glad to see it taken out back and shot.

Sykar

Arcane
The Mako was badly implemented but anyone with half a brain could see that it could have been fun if it had been polished properly
anyone with half a brain could tell that it was broken, dumb and a waste of time. what did you want? platforming? races?
Instead of improving on that part though Bioderp just outright cut it from the game
and focused on the combat and cinematic RPG stuff like quests and characters instead of the dumb car you are so attached to for no reason.

you freely admit that it was implemented poorly, yet you're so asshurt that it's gone for some reason. apparently you were one of these spergs who got off on running around in your little bouncy castle simulator and just don't want to admit it. instead blaming the minigame, as if minigames are somehow new to ME in 2.

replaced it with the most boring gameplay possible, literally whack-a-mole in space garbage.
minigames are lame, but ME1 had minigames too.

no, the most boring gameplay possible was running around a giant empty square hunting for datapads or resources that ultimately will mean nothing. the mako was garbage and I was glad to see it taken out back and shot.

So you are a small minded moron who likes to do the very same shit over and over, noted. As to what the Mako provided, an interruption of the usual rut running around from cover to cover or from NPC to NPC. Why not a race or even some light platforming? What would be so wrong about racing away from a group of Threshers or other assorted aliens who ass rape you if they get close to you? Even the badly implemented Mako beats the retarded whack-a-mole of Ass Shit 2 which you seem to enjoy somewhat for whatever brain dead reason by a country mile as did everything else from the first game over the second sans graphics and some smother combat though that was marred by shitty retcon and trivialized by GCD and dumbed down character development.

So you are a small minded moron who likes to do the very same shit over and over, noted.
Says the guy who wanted more mindless landrover bullshit.

As to what the Mako provided, an interruption of the usual rut running around from cover to cover or from NPC to NPC.
No, it provided filler. And the fact that you didn't immediately recognize it as such makes me wonder if you weren't either a) a child or b) a sperg. Tell me, are trains inexplicably fascinating to you?

Why not a race or even some light platforming?
lmfao, you actually said yes. :lol:

the retarded whack-a-mole of Ass Shit 2 which you seem to enjoy
No, I said that I didn't enjoy minigames. They just go faster than the dumb mako filler. Learn to read.
Even the badly implemented Mako beats the retarded whack-a-mole of Ass Shit 2 which you seem to enjoy somewhat for whatever brain dead reason by a country mile as did everything else from the first game over the second sans graphics and some smother combat though that was marred by shitty retcon and trivialized by GCD and dumbed down character development.
Learn to use comas and don't be a runon retard.

ME 2 was superior to ME1 in almost every way apart from the shift in story/lore that derailed the plot a bit going toward 3. The story was more interesting, the characters were more interesting, the writing/gameplay had more C&C. It was better and it had no mako.

I know that must chap your ass, but you're going to have to live with it because the franchise is pretty dead at this point and no one is going to mod that 6 wheeled piece of shit into ME2 anytime soon. :M

orcinator

Liturgist
ME1 tried having mechanics that were somewhat different from current trends and failed.
ME2 just copied current trends and cut out anything that didn't work instead of trying to fix it.

Neither is good but ME2 is a bit more offensive since it represent the attitude of modern AAA devs.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
So you are a small minded moron who likes to do the very same shit over and over, noted.
Says the guy who wanted more mindless landrover bullshit.

As to what the Mako provided, an interruption of the usual rut running around from cover to cover or from NPC to NPC.
No, it provided filler. And the fact that you didn't immediately recognize it as such makes me wonder if you weren't either a) a child or b) a sperg. Tell me, are trains inexplicably fascinating to you?

Why not a race or even some light platforming?
lmfao, you actually said yes. :lol:

the retarded whack-a-mole of Ass Shit 2 which you seem to enjoy
No, I said that I didn't enjoy minigames. They just go faster than the dumb mako filler. Learn to read.
Even the badly implemented Mako beats the retarded whack-a-mole of Ass Shit 2 which you seem to enjoy somewhat for whatever brain dead reason by a country mile as did everything else from the first game over the second sans graphics and some smother combat though that was marred by shitty retcon and trivialized by GCD and dumbed down character development.
Learn to use comas and don't be a runon retard.

ME 2 was superior to ME1 in almost every way apart from the shift in story/lore that derailed the plot a bit going toward 3. The story was more interesting, the characters were more interesting, the writing/gameplay had more C&C. It was better and it had no mako.

I know that must chap your ass, but you're going to have to live with it because the franchise is pretty dead at this point and no one is going to mod that 6 wheeled piece of shit into ME2 anytime soon. :M

Ass Turd 2 retard confirmed. :lol:
I haven't cared for the series since the disaster that was the shitty sequel which only utterly retarded morons would like and deem better than the first. I have neither bought or played Derp Shit 3 or Andrometard and will never do so.
The rest of your turd post is so laughable it is not even worth responding to anymore since it is just a rehash of your previous non-points. Oh and I cannot read? That is ironic considering your very first point shows that your reading comprehension is in the gutter.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Mass Effect 1 was better in terms of story/atmosphere, at least in my eyes. I remember completing it back when it was released and eagerly anticipating the sequel because i was hooked into its universe. It's mechanics were serviceable, it obviously was very light on RPG elements but it worked as a playable space opera and that was what mattered.

Mass Effect 2 had a pretty garbage plot, all things considered. In the grand scheme of things, it was a waste of time, just another installment for EA to get moar cash. But the gameplay flow was improved, they dropped all pretenses of being an RPG and embraced their Gears of Wars roots, and it made a better game to play in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom