Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, the treebear is still a killer if you go there at lvl 2. I needed to load save and do the fight like 5 times on challenging. I can now imagine why people complained when it had 10 DR at release. It would be impossible at lvl 2 in that case.
Beatable at level 1 with 2 characters and a bit of patience now. Just grease the fucker and amiri + the orc fuck can destroy it.

Grease was a godsend.
It's a trivial encounter. train Linzi with Grease at level2. Laugh as it falls and eats attacks from all your chars.
I picked laughter spell with Linzi.
Also it does not disprove my point as Greese didn't exist at release.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Isn't Kingmaker chapter 1 already longer or as long as the entirety of PoE 2? I know you can definitely finish base PoE 2 in less than 25 hours.

Wow... That is... I cannot even...

I'm speechless by how wrong this is.

RUF6DpE.png

Loool, that's not even off too much. Let's say chapter1+chapter2 is longer than turdshitterfire. Can you speak now?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since when do we judge the quality of a game by how fast you can complete it?

Fallout can be beaten in 5 minutes. The same goes for Age of Decadence. BG 1 and BG 2 can be beaten in 20 minutes.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Fallout can be beaten in 5 minutes. The same goes for Age of Decadence. BG 1 and BG 2 can be beaten in 20 minutes.
For Bg1 you use multiple exploits to beat it in 30 minutes. It is not even close to that to beat if you don't use those exploits.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

For Bg1 you use multiple exploits to beat it in 30 minutes. It is not even close to that to beat if you don't use those exploits.
Alright, but since when do we judge a game by its length? Forget speedruns. Deadfire has some issues, but it has nothing to do with how quickly you can beat the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not so sure about that.

Maybe? But I don't think it's a big difference. Deadfire is pretty large also.
Of course, I haven't gotten very far in Kingmaker.

Ibbz

Augur

100ish hours in Kingmaker vs 24 in Deadfire. I didn't waste time in either game & I've completed both once.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

100ish hours in Kingmaker vs 24 in Deadfire. I didn't waste time in either game & I've completed both once.

24 in Deadfire? That's... not much.
Steam says I've played 253 hours... and I'm yet to finish it.
Of course, I did restart a few times. And got 2 characters who probably covered more then half of the base content.

Cael

Arcane

Of course, I did restart a few times. And got 2 characters who probably covered more then half of the base content.
I am level 33 in Arcanum and only just started exploring the BMC mines. Length is a bad measure for how good a game is as it depends on style of play.

Ibbz

Augur

If you've managed to spend 253 hours in Deadfire, you should spend alot more in Kingmaker. It's a much much longer / bigger game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
With more to do and more variables and permutations. He'll probably spend 3000 hours on it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally finished this. I still encountered a few bugs, but it seems as though they have solved the most pressing issues.

The final dungeon was pretty retarded, but I was impressed at the amount of variables that affect the end game encounters. Especially as many of them are choices you make early/mid game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
If you've managed to spend 253 hours in Deadfire, you should spend alot more in Kingmaker. It's a much much longer / bigger game.

Well, like I wrote, maybe. Deadfire is also a large game for me. And I've yet to do most quests for factions other then Principi, go to Ukaizo or touch any DLC content (and I've got all 3).

Both offer some of the best character building and development mechanics in computer games yet. Both I've restarted many times, seeking an ultimate build.

Deadfire has way better itemization though.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kingmaker is so huge, that at the end I felt tired (I felt the same with Shadow Tatics) and I cannot play the game again for a while.

Deadfire + DLC are half of Kingmaker, probably.

Kingmaker: 216h
Deadfire: 76h

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am enjoying using Valerie as Kinetic Knight. Now that I can finally use burn, I used one burn to give her +1 DR so now she has 3 DR. 1 Burn also gives her +1 to attack and +2 damage. So +1 DR, +1 attack and +2 damage for -5 max HP. A pretty good trade off. Also here is one class that considers Toughness a very useful feat as it is basically one free burn.
Also pretty cool how you can just keep focusing on increasing Constitution instead of Strength or Dex and keeping more burn on her as more burn gives even more attack and damage bonus (and DR if you are Earth Bender :D). And you get bonus to Fort save :)
And when you get magic items that will increase both Str and Con you will gain an attack bonus from both.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pretty cool.
Although I guess a standard Kineticist is way better long term. Earth/Water (or air), empowered maximized Deadly Earth with Cloud form infusions layered on top of each other for aoe no save 2x 1/2 blast damage per round in a large radius (as well as hampered movement).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pretty cool.
Although I guess a standard Kineticist is way better long term. Earth/Water (or air), layer empowered maximized Deadly Earth with Cloud form infusions for aoe no save 2x 1/2 blast damage per round in a large radius (as well as hampered movement).
Yes but that one cannot tank. Cool thing about KK is that you are using an one handed weapon that does lots of damage. So shield in another hand. Normal ranged kineticist says needs both hands free to utilize that ability that reduces burn costs.
KK basic attack costs 0 burn as well.

Each has its use for different situations.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, though my understanding is that Water Shield is not really worse then an actual shield. Not sure about the details though.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah, though my understanding is that Water Shield is not really worse then an actual shield. Not sure about the details though.
its better, its 2 + half your class level.
I would go with that plus armor feats as a kineticist to make a better everything than knight kineticist. The advantage of the knight is that it comes online like 5 levels earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom