Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krilcebre

Learned
True that, by the time you get into melee range, you are already shredded. Currently it's only viable to go for sniper or automatic rifles (I've tried doing a pistol playthrough and it's horrible later on), if focusing on combat it seems.

Deleted Member 22431

This lack of control was hands down the biggest unambiguous and unquestionable flaw of the original Fallouts (and Arcanum, to boot), and it frankly weirds me the fuck out that someone would try to replicate it.
It's cargo cult. The developers that did that in previous games probably wanted to make the game more immersive. The thought is that if you can't control the team members in the battle it's because they are autonomous. But at the end of the day it's just not worth it. The tatical aspect must come first.

Last edited by a moderator:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Trying my Survival run. Ironically...Survival is the key skill here. :lol:
Take the two distinctions that gives + to Survival, dump Personality and Luck for a more reliable Endurance (HP & Survival), excellent Agility (AP & Sequence) and maximum Intelligence (You want 130 Survival ASAP)

cJTDSJb.jpg

Get that first level up ASAP by killing trash mobs and questing in the first town. Pump everything into survival. Nothing else matters.
Once you hit Survival 130 - you can evade both human and monster encounters at 99% rate. That eliminated a lot of the early game dangers and lets you clean content at your own pace.
Then it's a simple matter of slowly building up your speechcraft to get those juicy rewards EXP and money to gear you up.

razvedchiki

Erudite
You can always alt f4.
Also are speech checke randomised?i swear i managed to convince the moonsiners to accept dan the man protection with 90 in speech in one playthrough and in the next i needed 100.

Deleted Member 22431

Once you hit Survival 130 - you can evade both human and monster encounters at 99% rate. That eliminated a lot of the early game dangers and lets you clean content at your own pace.
Is there any reason to bump any weapon skill to more than 100? Does stealh helps in encounters in any way? I wasted a ton of SPs in this skill. You can earn much more money with barther doing less repetitive shit. Stealh is worthless.

RK47

Patron
Is there any reason to bump any weapon skill to more than 100? Does stealh helps in encounters in any way? I wasted a ton of SPs in this skill. You can earn much more money with barther doing less repetitive shit. Stealh is worthless.

The higher your weapon skill the more chance of critical and increases the damage range I think, despite not showing on my char sheet.
It's easy to test Stealth - just roll a new char with Circus background and compare his encounter evasion chance with those that do not.

razvedchiki

Erudite
new patch came out?game downloaded 60mbs.
how much dex should i have for burst build?guess 10 will be a waste since i wont be able to burst twice per round anyways.
though until i get an assault rifle i will be using pistols and an extra attack will be usefull....

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can always alt f4.
Also are speech checke randomised?i swear i managed to convince the moonsiners to accept dan the man protection with 90 in speech in one playthrough and in the next i needed 100.

Passsing simple single Speech-craft check is not enough when you really need to convince people to accept something which is not in their perceived best interest. You need to pass then another check or find something which will convince them using knowledge gathered thru other dialogues or exploration Just like convincing Master in FO1 this game doesn't plays herself unlike Skyrim, FO4 and other modern poopamole Comrade.
In this case you need to point out that the Moonshiner chief told you that girl in his turf was attacked and ergo that he needs protection from Dan cause he is to weak to defend his turf and people himself... this lowers the check and convinces him.

RK47

Patron
Alright, comrades. Cig'd the elevator guard to death and now I have DT7 Body Armor.
I looted the Krasno bunker food store. Got around 72 kilos of canned food, potato, and corn.

vMuE15m.png

What do I do with all this, you ask?

cf32f7a7e58d0dcac41edf659243c734f3bcac96_hq.gif

(Glutton) I will eat all of them and hit level 6.

new patch came out?game downloaded 60mbs.
how much dex should i have for burst build?guess 10 will be a waste since i wont be able to burst twice per round anyways.
though until i get an assault rifle i will be using pistols and an extra attack will be usefull....

Minimum DEX 6 for 8 AP for full burst and allows you to throw two grenades in one turn. If you want to have allowance of 2 AP to use super stim on the off hand after doing a LMG short burst (AP7) , then there's no choice but to go DEX 8 for 9 AP.

Alternatively, for tough fights you can use 2 sweet cakes for +2 DEX
I think overall Sequence (AT+DX) is one of the most crucial factor in combat. You must have the highest Sequence in the party to get your party set up at the right positions and firing at the right target.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
actually the best perks for burst builds are the ones that give armor,the automatic perks are not worth it (maybe the last one).

You don't really need armor in this case - just the knockdown resist is sufficient. Then follow it up with good defensive gear. Treat the Krasno elevator guard to cigarettes for a nice DT7 armor and AK rifle and you're set. You can even Aimed shot/3-shot burst which makes it more versatile than the ammo hungry RPD.

DT7 armor?
What stats on it?

RK47

Patron
actually the best perks for burst builds are the ones that give armor,the automatic perks are not worth it (maybe the last one).

You don't really need armor in this case - just the knockdown resist is sufficient. Then follow it up with good defensive gear. Treat the Krasno elevator guard to cigarettes for a nice DT7 armor and AK rifle and you're set. You can even Aimed shot/3-shot burst which makes it more versatile than the ammo hungry RPD.

DT7 armor?
What stats on it?
3msJeZF.jpg

krilcebre

Learned

Stealth is really useful in combat (it's a god tier skill, along with speechcraft). It lets you come closer to enemies without them seeing you, or evading them if they surrounded you, because they literally can't see you 2m away when it's maxed out. However, this only works if :

1. If you are playing alone with high stealth
2. If you are playing with companions, the skill check is for each companion individually, meaning that if they have low stealth, you will be visible regardless of your stealth level. You will need to invest into companion stealth skill too.

Higher weapon skill mitigates lack of attention and increases weapon accuracy inside the weapon range. That will allow you to use aimed shots to the eye reliably, giving you much better critical chance in the end.

Also, someone mentioned Dex level. I would never go below 10, that will allow you to use burst on most guns PLUS if you switch weapons after the burst, you can get another normal shot with some lower cost gun, or you can use two aimed shots during your turn. 10 in DEX is a must in my opinion, and high intelligence too, at least 8 I'd say. Attention is easily the worst stat in the game, as it only increases accuracy in the gun's range, not the range itself, which can be done through a gun skill anyway. It gives you some nice skill checks, but they are very rare, so not really worth it.

razvedchiki

Erudite
seems that you can craft some good weapons early on,thing is you cant find the shematics anywhere(prob someone sells them somewhere).i crafted a revolver froma zip gun which does 10dmg to unarmoured targets,the bad thing is that it jamms in abound 1 per 3 shots.

PrettyDeadman

How do you kill mushroom bunker without aggroing the whole town?
I've rushed to the bunker in early game, cleared it out but not sure what do do next since the whole town is aggroed on me =(

Vrab

Learned
Stealth is really useful in combat (it's a god tier skill, along with speechcraft). It lets you come closer to enemies without them seeing you, or evading them if they surrounded you, because they literally can't see you 2m away when it's maxed out.

Ah so stealth is just permanently "on" and works non stop, reducing the aggro radius of enemies?

RK47

Patron
Alright, Survivor hits level 8 with 130 Speech / 90 Automatic and can now reliably hit single shot with AK74. Cleared Red Fighter and picked up Hex.

gwNiarL.jpg

I was going to get the dog, but for some reason its master survived the encounter. :lol: Did not think this could happen.

Oh well, I don't really need it anyway. I'm going to spec both Hex and Fidel Rifle while I go Auto. 7.62x39 rifles are really efficient in this game for some reason. Will just give them all 20% Knockdown resist followed by Witcher (double damage vs Mutant/Animals)

Vrab

Learned
I was going to get the dog, but for some reason its master survived the encounter. :lol: Did not think this could happen.

Heh had that happen the first 2 times I ran into it. After that I was a bit more... cold and calculated.

filpan

Scholar
Game is really easy even on hardest if you invest in picpocketing. I had all the weapons and ammo in the world. There were only a few hard encounters in the whole game. One of the Death squads and the fight before the final fight in the game. Everything else was really easy.
I wish the game was longer, I think I did every quest in the game and accepted a lot of random encounters just so I can level up. I finished the game at level 19.

Too bad it aint longer.

9/10 for me.

PrettyDeadman

You can easily clear mushroom bunker if you have higgh enough stealth. Shoot once - go to the lift. Go back down again while they are deaggroed - shoot again. Rince and repeat until everything is dead.

PrettyDeadman

I killed fidel but quest didn't still says I need to find him.
What are you supposed to do after you killed everyone in krasnoznamensk?

Last edited by a moderator:

krilcebre

Learned
Stealth is really useful in combat (it's a god tier skill, along with speechcraft). It lets you come closer to enemies without them seeing you, or evading them if they surrounded you, because they literally can't see you 2m away when it's maxed out.

Ah so stealth is just permanently "on" and works non stop, reducing the aggro radius of enemies?

Yep, it's always on. It's a bit stupid that you dont have sneaking as command, but it is what it is.

Also, pickpocketing is so shitty unless you are prepared to constantly reload. Even at 130-140 you are still going to be caught a lot by most of the good merchants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom