Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I started making a video game because the CIA was ruining my life

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And before I left, I wrote a scathing report on everything that had gone wrong. I posted it on NSA's internal Parting Thoughts blog, which they allowed me to do as a courtesy to people departing from my specialty.

You gotta be kidding. They dropped so low?

Black Angel

Arcane
This is just about the PCs minding their own business when everybody else in the world has schemes that consider the PCs' destruction acceptable collateral damage.
Does that mean we can play as Kira Yoshikage? :bounce:

Anyway, good luck with the project and catching up with life, bro

Lagi

Savant
there is too much zoom in. i hope i could have bigger view.
there were no other free sprites?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
there is too much zoom in. i hope i could have bigger view.
there were no other free sprites?

You can zoom out to get a better view of the battlefield. These screen shots just happen to be zoomed in so we can see the characters better in combat.

No other free sprites? I started with a free sprite template, but as far as I know, no one has made any free weapon or armor sprite sheets for this template.

Otay

Bramble Gate Studios Original
Developer
So I learned to use UDK
hell yeah i thought i was the only one still touching this ancient dev kit

im rooting for you bud, i relate to channeling the Feels via game development, hope everything works out for us indie boyz one day
thumbsup.gif

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Ninja Destroyer I had never heard of that game. In general I really don't like depictions of CIA in books, films, and video games. Almost all of them are complete fiction, with no resemblance at all to the real CIA. And most of the realistic depictions of CIA that are still exciting just make me resentful and I think "I wish my career had been like that." And then people just don't make CIA stories that are boring and mundane. The reality of life at CIA is that for 99% of the people there, it's Office Space, only not as funny.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And most of the realistic depictions of CIA that are still exciting just make me resentful and I think "I wish my career had been like that."

Care to give examples?

And then people just don't make CIA stories that are boring and mundane. The reality of life at CIA is that for 99% of the people there, it's Office Space, only not as funny.

How is that surprising? Stories that people tell are made from exceptional events instead of everyday drudgery. Even those are abridged and don't include repetitive tasks unless they've contributed to the unfolding of events.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Care to give examples?

How is that surprising? Stories that people tell are made from exceptional events instead of everyday drudgery. Even those are abridged and don't include repetitive tasks unless they've contributed to the unfolding of events.

Examples that are more realistic: Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Sicario. There are plenty of reasons why these movies are wildly inaccurate, but they do have kernels of truth. The major thing about those movies is that they show a lot of planning for relatively short action.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I thought we only have FBI posting on Codex, but now DOD and CIA members are coming out of the closet.
Cool story.

Tell your friends at CIA to stop haunting my balls.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Cool, I saw your game on the Unreal community spotlight stream thing. Didn't even know they still promote UDK games.
I didn't know either, until they did! I was talking with Epic just before launch and my rep there was surprised that there were still new UDK/UE3 games being released. There's a couple of Korean mobile games getting content-only sequels and updates, and stuff like that. But this might be the last new UE3 game that ever sees the light of day.

Do you have reasons to believe Safav Hamon's retardation is just a guise?
Dude, you trying to blow his cover? Now we're going to have start over with someone new trying to work his way into DU's inner circle.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
game is about group of cute animes caught in a inter-departmental web of illegal trafficking, murder and mind control?

:takemymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom