Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
After finishing one playthrough I start to wonder if the developer missed an opportunity with the mutants.
I was expecting a mutant companion or at least some cool character distinctions.

RK47

Patron
going to play as a pickpocketing melee thief if it is viable
Better not.

rC5io8w.png

After seeing this, I don't think melee is even viable unless the new combat patch rolls out.

track02

Novice
A bit lost on where to go now, I'd been helping Dan at the factory and got up to the quest after the election where you need to deal with another bandit boss.
Asking around I find out that he's at a container yard so I go there and convince him to leave.

I returned to Dan who attacked me after I wouldn't tell him who told me about the container yard (I think), so now he's dead and I have his gun and ring but the quest is still in my journal to talk to him.

I've just been wandering around since and found a car and done a few side quests but the combats getting tougher, any encounter with 3+ enemies is usually a bit dicey as I can't deal much damage with my pistols anymore.

Any hints on where I'm actually meant to be going? I tried the Bunker but everything inside looks to be locked

PrettyDeadman

Melee is absolutely unviable.
You can't do ANYTHING against a guy with automatic weapon. You'll do maybe 20 damage to his 100hp pool, then he will spray you for 200 damage.

Deleted Member 22431

Ohh, I really hope so. And thanks!
No, thank you! We are tired of playing trash.

On secrecy, though! Never thought of it as secrecy. I won't tell you why the guys from the team who had tons of experience in the industry don't brag around about what they accomplished, maybe they just don't wanna. As for me, I don't really have anything interesting about me to say. I'm just some rando guy. First I was a philologist then I sold stuff and wrote pasta for image boards when I had nothing better to do at the office, I shared that idea to make an RPG my pals had for like the last 8 years, so one day we did and here I am!
I can relate to that.

We have two artists, although only one makes pics into portraits, three programmers, a modeller, a musician, two writers, and a chief tester in the core team, but tons of people helped out through the years, so we have huge credits. No bosses or anything like that, everyone does his thing and then we combine it into a build.
Really impressive. You managed to do a lot for such a small team.

Now, talking about the game, is there any chance of implementing full control of your teammates during combat in a future update? It would improve the combat significantly.

Deleted Member 22431

For the steam shit i have no idea,but here people enjoyed the game for what it was and haven't seen it as a fallout copy or soulless money grab.
But name droping is the first resort of developers making cash grab. It suggests that trying to imitate that other title is the only thing it has in its favour. If the game is good, you don't have to resort to name droping to convice other people to play it. Moreover, how many times we got disapointed with games pretending to be the next Fallout? Does the name "Fallout" even mean the same thing to everyone in these Bethesda times? Do you want to attract popamole players to badmouth the game and leave bad ratings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
Btw fellow codexers, i just paid fidel informant and he told me to look for some captain on the docks. However i cant find any captain , maybe i am getting too old, or i ran into a bug. Can anyone screenshot me his location please?
Check near inner Krasno area - behind the bounty giver's office there's a small dock with the captain and his ship on it.
It'll cost you 3,500
Thanks ,finally found it, i was looking near the big boat, turning the camera in every possible angles...

Deleted Member 22431

After finishing one playthrough I start to wonder if the developer missed an opportunity with the mutants.
I was expecting a mutant companion or at least some cool character distinctions.
Agree. It would also be awesome if you could get your own pet mutation, like a mouth in the stomach saying random shit. You know, like the ones you find in the circus.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
He is supposed to be tough. I managed to kill him using a bunch of drugs and shooting him from afar with a custom made rifle.

I understand, but I still feel certain kinds of attacks should get a bonus, like being attacked from the back while outside combat.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, automatic enemies practically demolish all. Lenin's wrath was fine, until you meet machinegun weilding enemies like those gangs in dead city.

Melee weapons are not viable against machine guns without powered armor news since WW1 30 millennia Comrade.
Automatic weapons need to be nerfed. They are way too powerful.

Its realistic game with every weapons having its RL mass, ammo and damage how you want to Make naked fists, machete or chain saw balanced to PMK which fires 600 riffle rounds per minute Comrade? Atom is not fantasy game like Fallouts.

PrettyDeadman

Yeah, automatic enemies practically demolish all. Lenin's wrath was fine, until you meet machinegun weilding enemies like those gangs in dead city.

Melee weapons are not viable against machine guns without powered armor news since WW1 30 millennia Comrade.
I'd say it's the opposite - other weapons are way underpowered.
High level character should have options oneshotting most enemies with either melee, non-autimatic rifles and etc. Right now using anything other than automatic weapons is pointless because you are chosing between doing 60-300 damage per turn or doing like 10-30 damage per turn (maybe more with lucky high powered sniper rifles critical hits). I am not sure that harder encounters are even beatable with non-automatic rifles (like troglodytes in death tunnel, mushroom bunker guards, that gang in dead lands and etc.)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i definitely screwed my party build by not optimizing for auto. from my experience in fallout at least, rifles are fine especially when you got the big snipers. the peak of fallout was usually the plasma rifle + power armor. i never considered automatic weapon in any of the isometric fallout games, even with gamebryo fallout (especially new vegas) automatic weapons was kinda fallen behind pwoerful rifles and then energy weapons, at the very least for ammo effeciency alone. i guessed it was the same, that powerful rifle would keep up, but as people said, the rifles are still fine, but automatic was way way dealing more damage. pistols basically died during mid game cos i havent found anything more powerful than the magnum one. SMGs are able to keep up way higher, well until everyone has automatic machine guns.

ah well .

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is there a key to the box in the camp outside of the Bunker 317? I tried to look everywhere outside, but couldn't find it, or do you find it later?

Edit: DERP DERP! I had the key all along, apparently you have to be holding it.

Vrab

Learned

I'd say it's the opposite - other weapons are way underpowered.
High level character should have options oneshotting most enemies with either melee, non-autimatic rifles and etc. Right now using anything other than automatic weapons is pointless because you are chosing between doing 60-300 damage per turn or doing like 10-30 damage per turn (maybe more with lucky high powered sniper rifles critical hits). I am not sure that harder encounters are even beatable with non-automatic rifles (like troglodytes in death tunnel, mushroom bunker guards, that gang in dead lands and etc.)

Rifles can one shot people, they can get huge crits. Not as reliably I suppose. Other than that, yeah. Pistols and SMGs are poor versions of rifles and auto weapons, inferior in every regard. And melee is ok until you realize once you get into your optimal position against a target, that you at the same time are in optimal position for that target to burst you down for your whole hp pool. Melee weapons do frequent knockdwons, but this is a lottery and savescumming material. Rifles and auto weapons are probably fairly balanced, especially since rifles are safer to use by followers. Pistols/SMGs are like playing hard mode and melee is for masochists. Which ofc means I'm running with lone wolf melee char right now. I had fun killing the BBQ bunch (had to intimidate the guards away though) by running around that obstacle in the middle of the room for cover and micromanaging comrade dog. Was more tactical than most other fights I've seen so far. But caught in the open by say the Death gang, at level 8... doesn't look good. Doubt it will be realistically finishable, but who knows.

Saying that melee is supposed to be just backup as Atomboy once mentioned would make sense if half of the ability tree wouldn't be taken up by melee stuff. I wonder how will they try balancing it out with the patch.

imagine if you could use a pan to deflect bullets :bounce:

Hah I think it actually gives 1 DT now, doesn't it? So theoretically could hold it in the other slot and swap to it before ending the turn, although that would be a bit of a problem because it means you'd need to save at least 1 ap. Or does it work even if it's not an active weapon? Never bothered testing it.

RK47

Patron
If they wanna take a risk, I suggest add gypsy charms and potions to deflect bullets, but you need be really retarded (INT less than 4) for the charm to work.
:lol: No offense to retards out there.

razvedchiki

Erudite
so dan the man told me to check out the roaring forest,went there and there is a beast that looks like a dog that shreds me in one turn.i can kill the rock spiders but they are too many and i dont have many 0.30 bullets for my trusty nagant left.so i will go there later,where should i go now?peregon or krash?

also found the car,too bad i have to butcher all that mutants.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom