Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krilcebre

Learned
I usually go to the big town first, before doing the roaring forest thing. Bunch of easy quests for gaining a few levels. Peregon is kind of empty. You only have some minor dialogs there and like 2-3 quests or so. Half of the Peregon quests, or even most of them are started in Krasno anyway.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Pistol will not cut it. You need rifles at least to kill effectively. Once you get a few rifleman in your team, it's a matter of good line of fire set up and focus fire.

razvedchiki

Erudite
im going solo,maybe when dlc comes out i will try a party.despite not directly controlling team members i think the battles become easier with them,more bodies for the enemy to shoot.
also the number of possible followers you could have should depend on personality score,everyone dumps personality to 1 but they have 100 speech and all the followers lol.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally ended the game.
I am really impressed with the story and how the plot twist happen.
basically how hesperus is the meteor. First of all it makes sense. I mean the plot itself is really nothing new, and kinda a variation of fallout 1 plot that is imo, alot more morally ambiguous. But what makes the "WOAH" moment for me is the hesperus revelation, in accordance to the how tidbits of lore about Hesperus is presented. It is always an object of curiousity. Alot of myths, stories are created around the red star, and the player might form a theory of their own too, and some of you might have guessed right. But realy, for me, Hesperus is really just another tidbits of lore the same as the wacky lenin mutant hunter or a the more spooky one like skin worm. How the plot twist revealed for me is when it all clicked and for moral ambiguity, it is pretty impressive too.
The mushroom are completely right. No way in hell humans at this condition eill able to do anything to stop hesperus flame. if you kill/convince the mushroom to stop mycelium project, we still have a slight chance.

But i agree withe mushroom, the definite way to control is probably is to force humanitt to work in unison. If everything goes to plan.

The problem comes in 2 forms:

First of all, mycelium mind control isnt absolute. In mountain of woe bunker, the mushroom tried so hard to prevent violence, but there is certain limit to their conditioning, under such pressure. Plus your character can convince the mind controlled soldiers in the first level o mushroom bunker.

The second is what fidel said. Even if we succeed, what is the use if there is nobody left to enjoy the safety and peace the unity achieved. just controlled husk. this will vary depending on your beliefs and views on humanity, i think for myself is "humanity might be gone, but still leave a space for future intelligent species to rise up, maybe even there is a human survivor here and there" still that line of thought is still irrelevant long term even if the meteor hit, some form of life will survive, repopulating the earth eventually. Earth have survived 5 apocalyptic events, the species, individuals are long dead, mother earth and life as a whole live on, and there might or might not be another species that evolve and reach sapience. but yeah, nothing is relevant on that timescale. i think i just focus on humanity in which the only experience we are able to experience. i just choose to convicne the mushroom and try to work another way preventing the real apocalypse.

Deleted Member 22431

The player should be able to see the name of the dude you are targeting. When two teams are fighting each other and you pick one side, it's almost impossible to tell who is who.

I ended up killing Dan in the prison fight because of this.

WTF?

Dude with a pig has an evil spirit and you can make an exorcism to receive a new perk (possessed)!

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The player should be able to see the name of the dude you are targeting. When two teams are fighting each other and you pick one side, it's almost impossible to tell who is who.

I ended up killing Dan in the prison fight because of this.

WTF?

Dude with a pig has an evil spirit and you can make an exorcism to receive a new perk (possessed)!
For me it was very clear who was who,the other guys were in red while the Dan and his bad were in green. Maybe it was a dialogue thing.

How the fuck you find that shit with the pig???

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Pistol will not cut it. You need rifles at least to kill effectively. Once you get a few rifleman in your team, it's a matter of good line of fire set up and focus fire.
this was my biggest mistake. My char is completely useless by the end, hexogen and fidel is still good.

In the end i have 103 auto weapons because 9 intellect helps, but it was too late. Too unoptimized for real fights. At least 9 int, 135 speech and 9 personality did the job in the non lethal path.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
this was my biggest mistake. My char is completely useless by the end, hexogen and fidel is still good.

In the end i have 103 auto weapons because 9 intellect helps, but it was too late. Too unoptimized for real fights. At least 9 int, 135 speech and 9 personality did the job in the non lethal path.

You don't need high weapons skill if going diplomat comrade you will breeze throu rats and mutants with around 85-100 in riffles or melee and all human fights are skip-able.... but to talk thru last fight you need Speech 145+Army Hat.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Im debating if i should use companions or not,on one hand battles will be a bit easier with more bodies to eat bullets,on the other hand i will need much more money to arm them and people say that they die really easy.

krilcebre

Learned
It's definitely easier to play with them than without. They can also carry weight, you can put a lot of valuable stuff on them, so money shouldn't really be a problem later on, maybe a little in the beginning.

Btw does anyone know when does Commisar appear in front of the Lenin statue? Is there something that triggers his appearance?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Im debating if i should use companions or not,on one hand battles will be a bit easier with more bodies to eat bullets,on the other hand i will need much more money to arm them and people say that they die really easy.

It's not that hard to keep them alive if you tell them to run from danger in combat. There's no reason you need to arm them well. Plus, they make the game less of a pain in the ass, if only because they're great pack mules.

pm_675

Arbiter
The inventory is pure cancer. I waste 2 or 3 minutes to find anything. Even fucking Rubles to pay for some shit, if I want to craft is worse.

It's all right to copy Fallout but the inventory was kind of crappy even then. The only reason it was usable was because there was far less shit to put in.

At least improve the sorting. Some way to sort by weight and price could be good and I don't have any idea what logic the buttons use to sort it. They aren't very useful I always have to manually scroll to find what I want.
Every. Single. Time.

krilcebre

Learned
Just give them stimulants and they'll live through pretty much everything. Well, except for the dog. I used to set him on "avoiding" most of the time, because he dies in one auto burst.

Jinn

Arcane
The inventory is pure cancer. I waste 2 or 3 minutes to find anything. Even fucking Rubles to pay for some shit, if I want to craft is worse.

It's all right to copy Fallout but the inventory was kind of crappy even then. The only reason it was usable was because there was far less shit to put in.

At least improve the sorting. Some way to sort by weight and price could be good and I don't have any idea what logic the buttons use to sort it. They aren't very useful I always have to manually scroll to find what I want.
Every. Single. Time.

I'm pretty sure the second sort button from bottom that kind of looks like a kettlebell is the sort by weight. Always seems to work just fine for me.

Deleted Member 22431

It's all right to copy Fallout but the inventory was kind of crappy even then.

1. Keep repeating that Fallout is perfect despite a ton of problems due to selective memory, nostalgia and fanboysm.

2. Praises Atom RPG for imitating Fallout design, which is retarded because this will involve the bad stuff (cargo cult).

3. Now player criticises some of the same features that made Fallout what it is, while others defend said features for the same reason.

pm_675

Arbiter
1. Keep repeating that Fallout is perfect despite a ton of problems due to selective memory, nostalgia and fanboysm.

2. Praises Atom RPG for imitating Fallout design, which is retarded because this will involve the bad stuff (cargo cult).

3. Now player criticises some of the same features that made Fallout what it is, while others defend said features for the same reason.

I don´t think that inventory made Fallout what it was. Actually I don´t think anyone has said that the inventory was a core and important feature of Fallout.

Wich makes Atom largely copying the form while increasing the amount of items and time you use it bafflig, or more accurately, totally retarded.

redivider

Novice
Are shields even working. After equipping one, dmg reduction % didn't change and I'm not getting any blocks during fights, even after specializing for them. Pretty much every gun shot hits me regardless of having a shield equipped or not. I've put it on my back, not in a weapon slot.
Turn around

Deleted Member 22431

I don´t think that inventory made Fallout what it was. Actually I don´t think anyone has said that the inventory was a core and important feature of Fallout.
Fallout is the sum of its features. If this is a feature of Fallout, it is a part of Fallout.

Maybe what you meant is that this is not what made Fallout great, but that's a different subject. If you keep repeating Fallout name as a honorific term, things get confused and it is not so obvious anymore which features were bad.

They should have abandoned the features that didn't work though.

This criticism applies to the inventory, your inability to control your team members during combat, etc.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
what's annoying is that burst fire OP gun you get in the mountain of woes bunker uses RIFLES & SHOTGUNS as its stat...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom