Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS HOMM 6 is borderline unplayable

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because of all the fucking bugs. I've lost count of how many times I've had to alt f4 this buggy piece of shit.

the sad part is that the game itself is reasonably enjoyable. I just don't understand how ubi can be such a garbage company that released a new HOMM when the last one still has game breaking bugs that, by the look of the steam forum, have been around for YEARS. Even EA usually patches up the corpses it rapes.

The creeping ideology is also obvious from playing the campaigns, but it got unbearable in 7 when i started off the wizards campaing playing as a sjw chick with a golden chain in her nose who is also a lesbian that starts off in bed with a female djinn. I mean, it's kinda funny the muslim looking atheist campaign's protagonist is a pussy eating lesbo, but not funny in the sense that I didn't alt 4 out of the game and uninstalled it on the spot.

tl;dr fuck Ubisoft

Jokzore

Arbiter
I came here to try and warn you not to try 7 , but alas I see I am too late.

Olinser

Savant
Ubisoft didn't even make it - which should have been a big warning label. They gave it to a 3rd party (Limbic Entertainment), that already killed the Might and Magic brand with the poorly received Might and Magic X.

Heroes of Might and Magic 7 was a joke. It was farmed out to a 3rd party studio with a bad reputation, clearly given a deadline that they weren't prepared to meet, blatantly stole/reused graphics and assets from previous games, and was STILL released half finished with a huge number of game-breaking bugs and crashes that still aren't fixed years later.

At this point the Heroes of Might and Magic series is dead unless another company buys the franchise, which is unlikely.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I expected this would be a rant about Dynasty Weapons and having to be online to level them up. Or was that also fixed when Ubisoft apparently axed DRM for the game some years back?

Suicidal

Arcane
Strange, I remember playing the HoMM 6 expansion in multiplayer and doing a few campaigns on a pirated versions years before that and never seeing any major bugs.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
There were some gems of design hidden in the shit of 6. The water town for example, was a really cool design and had great ideas, I wish there was a HoMM3 mod that added that town to the game. Also, the hero progression system with skills was nice and added more depth and importance to the heroes.

Edit: But yes I agree it's basically unplayable because of all the bugs. First off not even a bug, Uplay makes it nearly unplayable and they made the asinine decision to not keep saves between when you're offline and when you're using uplay, so if you play a campaign while using uplay, you can't access the saves if you start the game offline.
The bug I had was the game going black screen and freezing in the transition from the world map to any battle.

Last edited:
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
OP, you're not missing out on much, tbh.

The water town for example, was a really cool design and had great ideas, I wish there was a HoMM3 mod that added that town to the game.

That town was literally the only thing I liked about HoMM6.

Pretty cool idea to add it to HoMM3.

vota DC

Augur
Ubisoft didn't even make it - which should have been a big warning label. They gave it to a 3rd party (Limbic Entertainment), that already killed the Might and Magic brand with the poorly received Might and Magic X.

Heroes of Might and Magic 7 was a joke. It was farmed out to a 3rd party studio with a bad reputation, clearly given a deadline that they weren't prepared to meet, blatantly stole/reused graphics and assets from previous games, and was STILL released half finished with a huge number of game-breaking bugs and crashes that still aren't fixed years later.

At this point the Heroes of Might and Magic series is dead unless another company buys the franchise, which is unlikely.
The 6 was started by the same studuo that did armies of exigo that was an interesting rts (if blizzard followed that path maybe rts would be still alive).
Limbic just just polished and "patched" the game, but base homm 6 was already bad anyway.

Farewell into the night

Might & Magic: Heroes VI, Might & Magic: Heroes VII =/= Heroes of Might & Magic VI, Heroes of Might & Magic VII

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I tried playing IV + expansions once but between the difficulty spikes in mid-game and fucking HORRIBLE voice acting I was brought to my knees and symbolically decapitated with a slow, dull blade. Prior to that I only played II and it was not my thing, but a pretty thing it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom