Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Serus

Arcane
Patron
"Declared the Second World War"
"Declared the first worldwar"

kwanzoonian history 101
Of curse it's silly and factually incorrect. But it's also just a stupid internet meme, it distorts history on purpose. It's exactly what you would expect it to be.

Also, remember folks, since this kickstarter is over, we're now waiting for Pierre Begue's KotC 2 kickstarter. :smug:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Guido Henkel has a Christmas present (eBook novella) on his blog which may or may not pertain to this game ('s development):

I originally conceptualized this short story, Magic of the Glass Moon, as a supplement for a computer role-playing game I had been involved with some time ago. As part of the process, I had created an entire game world, conjured up the world’s history and lore, along with civilizations, languages, maps, locations and other content to fill that world with. All of it was carefully fashioned to realize a believable world the player would enter, where people had a past, where historic events had shaped migration and population patterns, and where geologic events had formed the landscapes, among other things.
My involvement with the project ended some time ago and from the looks of it, not much of my original design has survived whatever re-design the project underwent since.

http://guidohenkel.com/2018/12/my-christmas-present-for-you/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tsk, expecting an update from HobGob.
It's not funding, it's donating money to people you don't really know for making a product you probably won't ever get. There are no guarantees for anything, they could take the money and make a big Obsidian hooker party without delivering any kind of product to you. You don't have any contract with them and they don't need to disclose their costs or expenses to you either.

Kickstarter is the PERFECT model for developer to receive money without any restrictions or liabilities to somebody. No publishers, no investors, only patrons who doesn't have any right on anything. And now the best part: the backer take 100% of the risk but 0% of the profits :)

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
The TOEE-style combat and the graphics look awesome. The question is whether they have writers who can deliver story, quests and dialogues.

I'd much rather they put all the focus/resources on combat and other rpg systems and mechanics and make this a great game, and have competently done story, quest, and dialogues that enhance the game instead of trying to force a square game peg into the circle hole of trying to change a game into a piece of art work better served by a different medium.

Last edited:
Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
I'd much rather they put all the focus/resources on combat and other rpg systems and mechanics and make this a great game, and have competently done story, quest, and dialogues that enhance the game instead of trying to force a square game peg into the circle hole of trying to change a game into a piece of art work better served by a different medium.
What if i tell you that writers and combat designers can be different people?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The immediate post-Kickstarter period can be kinda busy, especially when new writers are hired into the team (Casey and Scott) and contracts have to be worked out, etc. And now it's Christmas time where people are taking time off to spend with their families. I don't think the lack of updates is any reason to worry right now.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
What if i tell you that writers and combat designers can be different people?

What if you told me the artists, modelers, meshers, graphic people, animators, VO people, motion capture people, and the people deciding on what engine to use are different people? A game has a budget and a focus. Poring resources into x has an opportunity cost which results in y having less resources.

It is not a coincidence that every rpg that is lauded for having a great story (like PST) had shitty mechanics and combat. And games that try and have both are slammed by the story-clowns because they hate having to think or try because it probably ruins their "immersion" for them (like with TTON).

I want a great game and a great rpg. Being a great game (meaning game parts) and great rpg (meaning rpg systems, mechanics, and rpg related content) at this point seem to be mutually exclusive to what most modern kids on rpgcodex want. They want the great story, regardless if it is from an good game or a game with retarded child mechanics and barely any rpg systems or mechanics of note or a game with anything close to resembling an rpg. They want a story and are too dumb to realize games are the worst medium for this and the best stories will always use their strongest medium to be told (books, movies, shows, plays, etc).

Story-clowns are to rpgs what SWJs are to science, politics, and civilization. The anathema.

Edit - this is not saying this game will be destroyed by focusing on the story-clown group. But chances are if it gives me what I am hoping for and want (ToEE 2+), it will mean the story-clowns will have hissy fits like what they did with TTON, which had really good rpg systems, mechanics, chargen, chardev, combat, conflict, etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2383008

A Happy New Year - BackerKit surveys are coming!
Posted by Ceres Games (Creator)

We wish you all a healthy, happy, prosperous and spectacular New Year!

Soon, you’ll receive an email from us with a special link to your BackerKit survey.

58d57eea27c6e106494ec7e043020fc9_original.png

You don’t need to create a BackerKit account to fill out your survey. When you receive the email with the survey, click the survey link to respond. Answer the questions about your reward preferences, provide shipping information, and purchase add-on items if you like. You don’t have access to this survey link yet, but it will be available soon via email!

After you respond to your survey, you can go back later and change your responses at any time before we close the surveys and get our final counts.

If you need to review your information or pledge status, you can return to your survey by clicking the link in your survey email or requesting your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page at https://realms-beyond.backerkit.com.

If you used your Facebook credentials to log in to your Kickstarter account, the BackerKit survey is sent to the email address you use for your Facebook account. If you have another email address that you prefer to use, please contact support at https://realms-beyond.backerkit.com/faq.

Due to the request of some backers, we created some add-ons like additional digital versions, the digital soundtrack, the digital world map and others.

For late backers, we added the option to support us by PayPal and other payment types through our pre-order store.

Your Ceres Games Team

Septaryeth

Augur
If I put down Codex Troll Doll 2013 would it be offensive? Or a violation of using domain names or company names?
Asking for a friend.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
guys, did your survey end with a payment option?
I'm asking since I prepaid with paypal shortly after the KS campain ended and at the end of my survey its asking for paymant details again..
wassup?

Last edited:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

wtf. WTF!

A survey. Okay right thanks. Do you want to know how bad it is okay I will tell you just how bad it is I had to search for Jarl Frank RPG on google to remember the name of this game so many of us put money into and I found it but nothing! Why is this happen? Biggest game of Ultima like game and there is nothing here ont he biggest site for news about new games of RGB and leaving us with frayed strings dangling that just get smaller and smaller the longer they get because there is no news. When I followed other games from kickstart they had news to share you can just watch thema nd see but why am I here because it is time someone said something to many who are excited for this but nothing because all I hear is silence but I am not enjoying it no matter what the song has to say about it.

This is insulting.

Thanks,
Sherry

Efe

Erudite
dont what? me, chaotic heretic explained it all too well how you doxxed JF and he had to resign to save the game from sjw spam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom