Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

JasonNH

Augur
What do we call this though? Mass Defect and ToRtanic were great names. I can't think of anything as natural for this.

Anathemem?

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't think anything dropped in those 15 mins, besides some health/mana globes? Is that right? Shit, it's gonna be reward chests, just like Destiny...

The actual gameplay looks a bit gimmicky (constant use of combos on trash mobs with slow clearance rate) and lacks fluidity, outside of the melee oriented suit. I'm still tempted to try it, but my enthusiasm gauge shows near empty.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The actual gameplay looks a bit gimmicky (constant use of combos on trash mobs with slow clearance rate) and lacks fluidity, outside of the melee oriented suit. I'm still tempted to try it, but my enthusiasm gauge shows near empty.
Yeah, looks fun enough to give a try at some point, but I don't expect much, either.
I also still have Destiny 2 lying around untouched.
Eh, I guess I will be full of free time and without anything more interesting in my backlog. At some point. Maybe.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is no denying that the game world looks fantastic. But apart from the flying gimmick, the on the ground gameplay feels so generic.

It's also a bit strange to see Bioware creating this. To think that this company created Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, and then to see this.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
System requirements is out, and... Windows 10 only?

It's the minimum supported requirements, i.e. it will almost certainly run on W7, it's just another DX11 game after all, but don't expect EA support for W7 etc.

This way EA can sell the game to W7 users and not support them at the same time, win/win.
dollars.png
cool_story_bro.png
dollars.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
System requirements is out, and... Windows 10 only?

It's the minimum supported requirements, i.e. it will almost certainly run on W7, it's just another DX11 game after all, but don't expect EA support for W7 etc.

This way EA can sell the game to W7 users and not support them at the same time, win/win.
dollars.png
cool_story_bro.png
dollars.png
But most people are dumb when it comes to tech and such things. If they see that it is not written win7 then they won't buy it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
But most people are dumb when it comes to tech and such things. If they see that it is not written win7 then they won't buy it.

I'll go one further and say that when they see the game, they won't buy it
rating_lulz.gif

Indeed, it's been more than two years since Win10 passed the 50% mark on Steam, and the PCs running Win7 are generally not capable hardware-wise, to run Anthem anyway.

I'd still be surprised if the game refused to run on Win7, if memory and GPU requirements are met.

There is no denying that the game world looks fantastic. But apart from the flying gimmick, the on the ground gameplay feels so generic.

It's also a bit strange to see Bioware creating this. To think that this company created Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, and then to see this.

Well, they did do MDK2. Remember MDK2? Was why it was kind of surprising the third person shooting was so shit in the Mass Effect games.

Codex Year of the Donut

Well, they did do MDK2. Remember MDK2? Was why it was kind of surprising the third person shooting was so shit in the Mass Effect games.
ME and ME2 do have awful combat, but ME3's combat is honestly pretty good. :M

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I loved MDK2 this much!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom