Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krilcebre

Learned
All in all, this game is pure incline.:incline:

It has some problems like inventory management, few problems with balance, but then again, what game doesn't? They deserve more money.:takemymoney:

razvedchiki

Erudite
how much attention you need to get the 15 points in automatic firearms in kresno guns merchant?8?

also a tip,never sell anything in krasno i had 100 in barter and the selling prices were abysmal.

redsky

Novice
how much attention you need to get the 15 points in automatic firearms in kresno guns merchant?8?

also a tip,never sell anything in krasno i had 100 in barter and the selling prices were abysmal.

I had 7 attention and i got points for automatic firearms.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally had the time to play the game and I must admit it's pretty great. If I had to choose a single bone to pick, it's the lack of direct control over party members, especially since there's an indirect system of orders in place anyways.

Also it's sad that Personality remains a dump stat. I played around 8h with 7 Personality and now I'm doing a second play through with 1, and while, sure, it's easily noticeable that most people won't talk to me about themselves, it's ultimately irrelevant since any actual choice situation gets resolved using Speechcraft anyways.

On the other hand, can someone tell me how the fuck are you supposed to deduce the code for Bunker 317 safe?
The 9731 one.
Is it connected to that King and pauper bullshit and I'm supposed to find it in Mark Twain? Or was it just an anagram of 1937 which is mentioned as a memorable date in one of the books. I just need to know the logic behind this.

You can read in read in computer that the owner of safe hates snitching since 1937... which leaves you with only 16 combinations Comrade.

Vrab

Learned
No, but many times in this thread when someone dared to criticise some obvious flaws that were inherited from Fallout, people immediately dismissed these concerns as non-issues or defended them saying that it is just like Fallout.

People would call out various details as an excuse to proclaim the game bad. While we can certainly say that inventory or combat or pickpocketing or whatnot could be much better, it's a bit dumb to say that Atom sucks because it has a technical feature that it took over from a game it openly takes much of it's technical inspiration from. In other words if any of these issues didn't stop someone from enjoying Fallout, the same thing shouldn't stop the same person from enjoying Atom.

The most absurd example was a guy complaining that he had a quest where he was asked to protect cows from wolves, which somehow disqualified the game in his mind. I mean if having quests in which NPCs ask you to go somewhere and do something bother you, what on earth are you even doing on this forum?

Anyhoo I can easily tolerate any number of details that could have been better or updated with 20 years of hindsight and experience if it means I'll get an excellent Falloutesque game, as long as those details are Falloutesque themselves and not just dumb bugs and brokeness. It could be because I got so desperate after seeing Fallout 3 and on go down the drain by transitioning to a more modern, higher fidelity and supposedly superior first person format or new Xcom games totally destroying the old tactical finesse of their predecessors by streamlining and dumping the supposedly superflous details that I don't mind being a bit cargo cultish to make sure such a disaster doesn't affect other games.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Finally had the time to play the game and I must admit it's pretty great. If I had to choose a single bone to pick, it's the lack of direct control over party members, especially since there's an indirect system of orders in place anyways.

Also it's sad that Personality remains a dump stat. I played around 8h with 7 Personality and now I'm doing a second play through with 1, and while, sure, it's easily noticeable that most people won't talk to me about themselves, it's ultimately irrelevant since any actual choice situation gets resolved using Speechcraft anyways.

On the other hand, can someone tell me how the fuck are you supposed to deduce the code for Bunker 317 safe?
The 9731 one.
Is it connected to that King and pauper bullshit and I'm supposed to find it in Mark Twain? Or was it just an anagram of 1937 which is mentioned as a memorable date in one of the books. I just need to know the logic behind this.

You can read in read in computer that the owner of safe hates snitching since 1937... which leaves you with only 16 combinations Comrade.
That's why I asked if it was supposed to be an anagram of the date 1937. Still it seems pretty far fetched to check all the combinations of numbers relevant for that character, especially as there are around 8 other code locks in that bunker, 6 of which are just handed to the player in bulk from a single message.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

People would call out various details as an excuse to proclaim the game bad. While we can certainly say that inventory or combat or pickpocketing or whatnot could be much better, it's a bit dumb to say that Atom sucks because it has a technical feature that it took over from a game it openly takes much of it's technical inspiration from.
But people that also love the game will point to the same flaws in the hope that they can improve the game even further and avoid Fallout mistakes.

Deleted Member 22431

It might be a small thing but each NPC having a little portrait all for himself makes the game better for me, it's a nice touch
It's not just that. Each NPC has a unique portrait because each NPC, with the exception of caravan traders, is unique.

Deleted Member 22431

where can i find those stylish hats that give +10 to speechcraft comrades?first one i saw was on the guard chief in peregon but i have to kill him to get it "(
I think I got one after murdering everyone in the circus, but you should also try the caravan traders.

Van-d-all

Erudite
People would call out various details as an excuse to proclaim the game bad. While we can certainly say that inventory or combat or pickpocketing or whatnot could be much better, it's a bit dumb to say that Atom sucks because it has a technical feature that it took over from a game it openly takes much of it's technical inspiration from.
But people that also love the game will point to the same flaws in the hope that they can improve the game even further and avoid Fallout mistakes.
There's that thing about improvement, that it quite often leads to pretty bad results. Look at Fallout Tactics.

Deleted Member 22431

There's that thing about improvement, that it quite often leads to pretty bad results. Look at Fallout Tactics.
See? That's the type of retarded fanboysm I was talking about. Now you can't fix any of Fallout obvious mistakes because it can lead to disaster!

Van-d-all

Erudite
See? That's the type of retarded fanboysm I was talking about. Now you can't fix any of Fallout obvious mistakes because it can lead to disaster!
No, it's just saying it's easy to point out mistakes, but it's harder to make changes that are found universally good, or often even better than the original. I'm hardly ever conservative about anything, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that majority of changes to classic cRPG mechanics resulted in failure.

Trying to figure this one out, but I bet it's possible to outstimpack a guard like in Fallout, use cigarettes Deus Ex style or something similar, just didn't have the time to check all the consumables, and killing someone without aggro.

a legitimate way to find them i ask,thats bordeline cheating.
Mmmm. It's a slav game. It requires a certain attitude towards exploitation of mechanics IMO.

Parabalus

Arcane
Trying to figure this one out, but I bet it's possible to outstimpack a guard like in Fallout, use cigarettes Deus Ex style or something similar, just didn't have the time to check all the consumables, and killing someone without aggro.

a legitimate way to find them i ask,thats bordeline cheating.

There are a bunch of +10 ones on the container yard (lenin statue) map.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Jeez. Going through the Steam forums sure can bring an atomboy down.

o8a2r5.jpg

I feel you, man.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
where can i find those stylish hats that give +10 to speechcraft comrades?first one i saw was on the guard chief in peregon but i have to kill him to get it "(

Outside bunker 317, there are 3 goons camping. One of them has a fedora. Perfect for gentleman of culture like us.

Hi comrades, I'm back from my Survival run.
Bunker exploration is underway.
My heart skipped a beat when I forgot to tell Hexagon to move before ending my turn. He fired his SKS and nearly killed my beloved slave.

gijckm2.png

bfiivL9.png

She was left with 1 HP. :lol:

Otherwise there was no dram- oh wait. I almost forgot. There was one incident when I spoke to the Ant-Man in the bunker. Everyone be careful. When you talk to him across the window, you are standing DIRECTLY ON TOP OF POISONOUS FUMES. I ended the conversation quickly when I noticed the POISONED pop up appear. Good thing I have my antidotes.

I finished Bunker 317 and persuaded the fine gentlemen outside to let me go and then shot them on the back for the nice backpack he's carrying. They tried to rob me, it's fine to repay the favor.

It was nice to meat them. :smug: A tasty experience to be sure.

:troll:

I make my way back to Krasno, and run across a very wealthy trader.

EfiouaU.png

E1DgxbA.jpg

:shredder:

My eyes watered. I do not have enough rubles nor loot to buy this beautiful gun.
But I always have cigarettes to spare...

19umksd.jpg

qw5ifjR.jpg

:evilcodex:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If you get an encounter near the water on the map, and you're in the car, it is possible to get stuck:

44G6pPz.png

I cannot move from this position.

I fixed it with the "teleport" cheat command, but it's worth knowing.

Vrab

Learned
Barter in it self doesn't affect prices,it could be used as a speech option to lower the prices.

I'm sure it does, I'd keep the tabs with selling price of the shovel and it would change upwards as I increased barter, comparing it at same NPCs. I'm guessing it's some kind of a barter vs barter check, with gun merchant in Krasno having insanely high skill level.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Barter in it self doesn't affect prices,it could be used as a speech option to lower the prices.

I'm sure it does, I'd keep the tabs with selling price of the shovel and it would change upwards as I increased barter, comparing it at same NPCs. I'm guessing it's some kind of a barter vs barter check, with gun merchant in Krasno having insanely high skill level.
It could be,it will explain why everyone have different prices for shit. Still the best place to make money is the caravans. Is the silver car the only one you could find?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom