Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parabalus

Arcane
also a tip,never sell anything in krasno i had 100 in barter and the selling prices were abysmal.
Barter in it self doesn't affect prices,it could be used as a speech option to lower the prices.

I'm sure it does, I'd keep the tabs with selling price of the shovel and it would change upwards as I increased barter, comparing it at same NPCs. I'm guessing it's some kind of a barter vs barter check, with gun merchant in Krasno having insanely high skill level.
It could be,it will explain why everyone have different prices for shit. Still the best place to make money is the caravans. Is the silver car the only one you could find?

Barter affects prices itself, you can easily compare before and after spending points.

Gun merchant in Krasno has garbage prices even with 150 Barter, avoid like the plague.

krilcebre

Learned
Yep, it definitely affects the prices. RPK I bought went from ~23000 to ~19000 as I increased barter skill. Like you said, it's probably some barter vs barter check by default, plus you get a 10% discount if you pass the dialog check.

Vrab

Learned
o8a2r5.jpg

I feel you, man.

Got to love how having an option to cheat people turns into being asked to perform an act of evil and being punished for not obliging. Because taking some time and farming up the 1000 rubles in another way is unthinkable. :lol:

I'd end up getting banned from Steam for telling these people to go kill themselves if I had to deal with such crap for a period of time. You really need a special level of patience for some lines of work.

filpan

Scholar
Have you guys tried to kill caravaneers? Better be prepared to pay off you debt or face the real death squad if you start the caravan killing spree.

filpan

Scholar
Money wasnt an issue for me because of pickpocekting, I just started killing them to gain EXP. But then the Payback squad happened and from that point on I was good with them.

Deleted Member 22431

No, it's just saying it's easy to point out mistakes, but it's harder to make changes that are found universally good, or often even better than the original. I'm hardly ever conservative about anything, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that majority of changes to classic cRPG mechanics resulted in failure.
That's irrelevant to the discussion. These changes (better inventory, full control of your team members) are not crazy hypotheses that nobody ever tested before. They are the bread and butter that is known to work in countless games.

krilcebre

Learned
No, it's just saying it's easy to point out mistakes, but it's harder to make changes that are found universally good, or often even better than the original. I'm hardly ever conservative about anything, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the fact that majority of changes to classic cRPG mechanics resulted in failure.
That's irrelevant to the discussion. These changes (better inventory, full control of your team members) are not crazy hypotheses that nobody ever tested before. They are the bread and butter that is known to work in countless games.

True. Managing stupid AI can become fairly nerve-racking, especially in some bigger fights. It happened a few times that my guys didn't shoot the right person (they seem to always shoot the closest one), and 2 of them got killed by a grenade, only because I couldn't order them whom to shoot because my turn ended when I killed the first threat. I want full control over my party damn it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How is the gang rebellion
at the Factory, lead my Shishak, supposed to go? Because it seems weird to me. I intervened and fought, but Shishak isn't even there, and after killing all the "bandits" (as if they're not all bandits), nothing happens. There's nobody to have a conversation with. And Shishak's body isn't there either.

So I left the map and then immediately came back, and everyone is back in their places (except Shishak), and it's possible to talk to Dan, and now he thanks me and such, and talks as if Shishak is dead, making me think that Shishak was just one of those random "Bandits" in the uprising, which is just.. weird, I guess?

I dunno, the whole thing was just odd and felt unpolished/unfinished and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or what.

Technomancer

Liturgist
How is the gang rebellion supposed to go?
Was really confused too. Shishak is there - I've got his named pistol from one of the corpses. Nobody talks with you after the fight and the quest for telling about the elections results auto-completes in the journal without any xp or money reward. For some reason, you are expected to leave the map and come back later so every NPC is reset to their original position. THEN you can talk to Den and have your reward and continue the quest chain. Very unintuitive and strange design.

Deleted Member 22431

His buy prices are garbage as well, he's the last person you'd want to sell to.
There are two gun sellers in Krasno, and they have the better stuf in 90% of the cases. If you want to find great equipment early on, you will have to try those two. I bought the best helmet and armor in one try.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How is the gang rebellion supposed to go?
Was really confused too. Shishak is there - I've got his named pistol from one of the corpses. Nobody talks with you after the fight and the quest for telling about the elections results auto-completes in the journal without any xp or money reward. For some reason, you are expected to leave the map and come back later so every NPC is reset to their original position. THEN you can talk to Den and have your reward and continue the quest chain. Very unintuitive and strange design.
Alright, so I'm not alone. Note that what added to my confusion
was probably that I had already stolen Shishak's pistol, which means that it wasn't on any on the corpses, and I checked ALL of the enemies as I gunned them down, precisely because I wanted to shoot Shishak with his own gun. Which I apparently did.
Thanks.

Unwanted

Товарищ

Unwanted
Spoilers

Spoiler me gently this, brehs who finished the game:
In the bunker on the castle map that you can reach from Fogelevka, there are these 5 goons with cute gear, yeah?
clIFfUv.png

Should I kill them? And the thing? I am looking for more content, so if they are just muscle later on, I'll kill em and the thing. But if it opens some kind of a quest, Id rather let them go.
I really wanna kill em all, for the backpacks...

edit

Fucking hated the creatures. Whoever filled the areas with that trash should be forced to play Pillars of Shit for Eternity.
Kiting them into rooms 1 by 1 is fun! Amirite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom