Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Infiltration prototype - ancient evil simulator

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
TLTR: released version 1.0, so please take a look on my blog or on itch.io

Infiltration is a small prototype I'm working on, where player take side of an ancient evil that want to take over the world, using dark powers, manipulations and without direct control.

As you can see I'm on early prototype phase, so feel free to share any thoughts, ideas, it's really important for me!

Some screenshots

0.0.1.png

In this screenshot updated city interface, on bottom you can see districts

0.0.2.png

In this screenshot you can see updated character interface with new resources: money, followers and influence

I'm interested in build a game inspired to TWS, not the same game a mooore smaller game and without money.
This is not a call for kickstarter, just a simple discussion on how organize a game that inspired to TWS, in the following way:

a turn based single player asymmetric game where player take control of an agent and manipulate actors and organizations to obtain victory

Let me know what do you think about this concept!

Last edited:

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Well, I have a working prototype to download and play, so is not so infinite :D

Azazel

Arbiter
Waiting for OP to become a hyper devout evengelical and bail on the project.

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
well, an actual feedback on last build is more useful for me, without any drama, btw :D

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Welcome back for a new release of Infiltration an ancient evil prototype, now on version 0.0.6

Download it from here

In this version I've worked on many feedback I've been received on version 0.0.4 and 0.0.5 and improved user interface.
In particular now it's more clear what user can click, because every clickable element in the game has an "on over" image,
so just move the mouse and click.. you will see the effect! I've improved a little bit the general feeling of the game with new icons from Skyrim map set and a little new icon
near every city, so you get quickly the idea where you have already corrupted agents and where not.
There is also for every NPC a little quest log, so you can follow every win and losses for every actor in the game,
without lose everything in the "main log" on bottom part of the interface.
Now it's also more clear what an NPC is doing because in actors list there is a quick view on current action and a counter:
this counter is the time that action require in order to be completed. This will include both player actions (focus, calling) and
NPC actions (investigate for example).

The game has now a radical change that will alter how do you play this prototype and, even if I like ui changes and feedback on this side,
I'd like to know if this change it's okay for you or not. I'm talking about the link between a district in a city
and a secret.
As you know, in this game you are an ancient evil trapped in a prison and you have to find hidden knowledge of the world
in order to become powerful again. To do so, you will focus your power on mortals, establishing a link to their mortal minds,
then send them in active search of hidden knowledge, using calling action.
This action is really powerful, but after is completed, you will gather information on where the secret is located.
If you are lucky, could be the same district that belong to your puppet, but if you are not lucky.. you have to decide.
It's better to send my puppet against the mortal that own the district, or focus and then calling again the mortal?

I believe that this little change is a radical change in how player will play the game and a fundamental stone on how player can manipulate mortals in following his plan.

Let me know what do you think!

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
So here we are for Infiltration 0.0.7, you can download it here!

For the video about 0.0.7 see here

In this release 0.0.7 for my prototype, Infiltration, I've worked to add a new fundamental system, tagging, that interact with various elements in the game. This tagging system refers to a simple concept: actors in the game (npc, not playable characters) can have tags, like for example "strong" or "ignorant" and these tags will affect how npc can interact with game world through quests and player actions, challenges.
Tags can be good, with an active bonus (+20% on physical challenges) for npc or really bad, with a malus (-50% on mental challenges) and are added randomly from a customizable pool of tags on actor creation and after a particular quests are solved or failed.

In this version you will find following tags:

- generous, +20% social challenges
- greedy -20% social challenges
- ignorant -20% mental challenges
- intelligent +20% mental challenges
- strong +20% physical challenges
- weak -20% physical challenges
- scarred -30% social challenges
- anathema -30% social challenges
- falseGod -30% mental challenges
- renowned +10% social challenges
- integrity +50% resist focus player action
- willpower +50% resist calling player action
- determination +50% resist manipulation player action

As you can see from the list there are two big types of tags: one related to challenges (related to quests and actor interaction with game world) and player action resist bonuses.

Thanks to awesome platelayers I've found a nice way to filter living cities simulation behind the scenes in the quest log and with a filter by city on the left of quest log, now the player can be informed on a very specific city and not all together!

Like always any feedback is welcome!

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Burning Bridges : lol, it's an hobby project, nothing serious.. and only a prototype ( and I know it, not like some people on steam!)

thesheeep : thanks! Right now it's only a prototype, you should think like a sandbox where I experiment some mechanics, see if they are fun or not and go on. Any feedback, ideas etc are welcome. I'm stressing ( lol, seriously! ) anyone to provide any ideas. For example the way you see a particular concept in the game or if you like an approach instead of another one is important to me!

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Infiltration 0.0.8 "roads and trips", download it from itch.io here

Welcome back on this Ancient evil prototype, Infiltration!

First let me thank players that provide me with feedback! Thanks! I really appreciate any feedback, report and ideas, so feel free to share your ideas!
This version is another step on the conclusion of this prototype, because I have a clear set of features I want to provide to players: in this case, roads and trips.

This is something bobby2hands with Shadowss Behind the throne (https://bobbytwohands.itch.io/shadows-behind-the-throne) has addressed for sure better than me: let npc move around and do actions.
In this release I have created the foundation of this concept, where an npc can move betwen cities following connections, so for example the kingdom capital, Theros is connected with any other cities of the kingdom. I know that from graphical point of view this is more than rudimental, but again is a prototype: I need to test mechanics and features together, so here we are. An npc can move between cities if has at least 2 money on his pocket and no control on a district or corrupted by a player. At start this is something caotic, but with some interventation from player this will become more stable.. and exploitable maybe?

I have fixed many bugs, but one in particular was very strange: a corrupted npc can investigate against player. I mean, a fully controlled one.. not so fun, right? At least for me, feel free to share your ideas on the topic!

I have decided also to use some awesome icons from Lorc free set here, https://opengameart.org/content/700-rpg-icons

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Infiltration 0.0.9 "go down that road" is out! download it from itch.io here

Welcome back on this Ancient evil prototype, Infiltration!

"Go down that road" open up new possibilities for player to command corrupted humans, so for example now you can command them to go a city or some other points on the map. If you take a look to the prototype, will notice that I've implemented unlockable pois, because not all hidden knowledge you need to find will be in cities, but scattered around the world, in particular in a cave, where in next updates I will put some monsters to fight!

As always any feedback is appreciated!

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
0.0.0.10 :lol:

P.S. Can it be that you have a micropenis? Because that's my pet theory why certain people come up with such sexually inhibited revision numbers.

lady_in_white

Literate
Wow, cool idea! Games usually suggest us role of hero, but playing on a dark side may be interesting too!

Gornova

Arcane
Developer
Welcome back with Infiltration!

Quick download link here: https://gornova.itch.io/infiltration

This release is marked 1.0.0 because is my launch as "final prototype" of my game vision. You can find it incomplete, you can find it horrible, but I have made this prototype on my free time with a single goal: learn.

I have learned a lot and I will share some toughts on my path on some next dev logp, for now, let's focus on this release!

Changes:

- fixed some bugs on hidden pois
- added fight in hidden poi between player's agent and an horror to unconver secret knowledge
- disabled log for all pois, now player must select to see something changing

As always I'm open for comments, ideas. Even if this is a prototype any thoughts is appreciated, see you soon!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A rustic UI would do you wonders

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom