Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The most difficult RPGs according to GameFAQs users

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Lower level means you're probably going to reload more.
Sounds hard enough.

You don't reload because of an encounter difficulty in BG, you reload because of wandering in high level areas.
I'm very much fine with it, that's what i like about the game. But it doesn't really qualify as difficulty. Unless the player is mentally deficient and doesn't understand that he can't take on dem weird ass big bugs at level 1, then yeah BG - and life - gets real hard.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Dead money is not hard, at all. Neither is Fallout 2, you just need to savescum, a lot.
Fallout 2 may be considered hard for people who don't have metaknowledge. The early hobo phase can be quite brutal, especially if you don't have an optimal character build.

Cael

Arcane
Dead money is not hard, at all. Neither is Fallout 2, you just need to savescum, a lot.
Fallout 2 may be considered hard for people who don't have metaknowledge. The early hobo phase can be quite brutal, especially if you don't have an optimal character build.
If you don't have unarmed tag, and you are not playing a fast character, the RP will virtually guarantee you die before you reach Klamath...

Jesus Christ. I'm most shocked by Dungeon Siege coming in at 3 for difficulty. A game where you can automate everything except movement so all you have to do is click to advance your character and then it'll take over all that nasty combat for you, 3. Deadfire being marked as easier is surprising, but Dungeon Siege. 3 out of 5 difficulty.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jesus Christ. I'm most shocked by Dungeon Siege coming in at 3 for difficulty. A game where you can automate everything except movement so all you have to do is click to advance your character and then it'll take over all that nasty combat for you, 3. Deadfire being marked as easier is surprising, but Dungeon Siege. 3 out of 5 difficulty.
The particular breakdown of 218 votes
Simple - 1.38%
Easy - 15.6%
Just Right - 70.64%
Tough - 10.09%
Unforgiving - 2.29%

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The particular breakdown of 218 votes
Simple - 1.38%
Easy - 15.6%
Just Right - 70.64%
Tough - 10.09%
Unforgiving - 2.29%
Dungeon Siege 3 was pretty hard on higher difficulties. It was shit game but still pretty far from "you just move and they die".

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Perhaps, but if I ever ran into those difficult roadblocks, I just savescum until I get "lucky" and shoot a round through the other fuckers eye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom