Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Wunderbar

Arcane
DC felt like some kind of trolling from the dev.
I contemplated abandoning the game when i found out that the drive shaft I brought wasn't the correct one.

epeli

Arcane
epeli
My begging plea for expedition alpha key is up at underrail forum thread http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3526.msg21549

Do consider me on your next round of alpha testing. (Or just release Expeditions already)

I am pretty sure I have some form of autism; so thats good for testing.

I'm starting to feel bad for ignoring you for so long, but I have a hard time taking one with your, ahem, credentials seriously.
JyqdvQb.png
Satisfy my morbid curiosity - what does it take to earn double dumbfuck AND shitposter tags in this fine internet establishment?

Black Angel

Arcane
All these "if Tanner stayed" and etc., just assumptions based on another assumption that Tanner wanted to expand SGS influence in first place. Even without plot twist in the end of the game, Tanner stated before that he doesn't have grudge against protectorate and MAYBE even join Union on beneficial terms, one major obstacle was people who had a problems with Protectorate and Tanner was afraid to lose them.
You're right that Tanner didn't want to lose anti-Protectorate members of SGS so soon. However, he explicitly stated that he consider unification possible *if* and *when* Protectorate-United Station "adequately reformed" and "broad amnesty agreement placed in regards of previous conflict" with the anti-Protectorate members. Basically, he wouldn't even consider joining until Protectorate-United Station is no longer the Protectorate-United Station that's known throughout Underrail. And if that actually happens, and the Protectorate undergone a significant reformation that completely changes how it approaches and interacts with the outside, I'd assume the Free Drones will cease to exist and even people like Gorsky would at least be willing to turn from hostile to neutral/indifferent.

I think the DC got close to being really good. I'd just make the drive shaft and Mycokardia easier to get. I wouldn't even mess with how Arke Power Station works or anything like that. I'd just make the most obscure things easier to find cause at some point it ends up being obnoxious.
I prefer the opposite. The drive shaft being in the labyrinth were meant to give the place a reason to explore, while Mycokardia is literally the easiest thing to get IF you have a biohazard suit, which makes you completely immune to ranged and turret mushroom, making the melee your only concern.
Meanwhile, having to backtrack even if only once to Arke is just tedious and time-wasting; I'd rather flip the switch once, maybe give that option to characters with high Electronics/Mechanics, or implement a special remote controller that allows you to flip the switch while away from Arke.

I'm starting to feel bad for ignoring you for so long, but I have a hard time taking one with your, ahem, credentials seriously.
JyqdvQb.png
Satisfy my morbid curiosity - what does it take to earn double dumbfuck AND shitposter tags in this fine internet establishment?

Dumbfuck:
Calling Chris Avellone a washed out old man past his prime with no talent left in his own thread repeatedly. Cause you know no significant good writing from him in the past decade; just cameos or a couple of companions and thats all. Shitting on the Codex's False God persistently and patiently will get u a dumbfuck tag.

Shitposter:
Reminding everyone about Infinitron's jewery repeatedly.
Pillars of Eternity steam review rewrite brutally backstabbing Darth Roxor and Sensuki in the process,
Infinitron doxing sser and forcing him to leave his writing job at Obsidian,
Infinitron causing bubbles meltdown (bubbles used to do very good coverage of the events/conventions),
Infinitron's agenda of being nice to big developers and general sjw cocksucking in exchange for freebies and exclusive coverage.
Infinitron's possible involvement with the doxing of JarlFrank to sjws in chaos chronicles:

More specifically this post:
If you'd get over your drama addiction you'd see that it's actually an excellent idea to conceal as much as possible (and yes, eventually bury in Retardo Land) any thread that could have a real life impact on a member of this forum. Do you want SJW lurkers coming across threads like these, perhaps years after the fact, and ruining people's lives? I did this for sser and I'm doing the same for JarlFrank.
But infinitron, you were the one who pointed out sser real life photo.
you were responsible for that.
Don't act all high and mighty now.
You always have been following the agenda of promoting SJWness and cocksucking developers while promoting their crap for the shekel kickbacks.

You were the root cause of bubbles meltdown, his coverage was always solid.

You were the one who buried Darth Roxor 's PoE review and branded Sensuki after all their passionate but mis-founded investment in Piles of Shiternity.

You are the one always inciting drama and ruining lives™ for your sinister agenda; and once that is served, you try to bury it all. PoE review shennanigans was buried the same way.

I am not clear who was the one who backstabbed JarlFrank (other than HobGoblin42 ), but it is probably between you, taxalot and Crispy .
My bet is on you though.

Read that locked thread for more drama details.

Edit: oy vey jewtron, the goyim knows!

Last edited:
btw started a "Ninja" play-through (throwing/traps/stealth/pickpocket/lockpick/hack) on DOMINATING ODDITY.

3 psibeetles buttrape commences. RIP wannabe Ninja.

started as psychotic Stealth Psion DOMINATING CLASSIC; and buttraped the 3 psibeetles encounter @ lv5 feels good man.

Classic provides way much more xp quicker. And hence Classic is clearly the superior choice for XP system.

Also Psion is masterrace.

The whole Protectorat vs Free Drones situation is almost one sided in terms that person who wrote dialogues to Free Drones made them look like characters from caricature on Islamic terrorist, while Protectorate on the other hand wasn't so extreme. Maybe I wrong,

Free Drones quest line is...dunno the word for it. It's like it's gold covered in three layers of shit; you have to somehow know or guess your way past the shit to find the good inside.
1: ignore the propaganda; easy for politically-aware players
2. justify rail crossing not getting the train; I guess it's bad for them but better for south underrail?
3. not try to kill the angry individual you talk to at the train
4. assassinate the envoy; be solid in your beliefs that they're the bad guys?
5. meet and talk to the free drones; realize they aren't the bad guys

vs

Do the protectorate quests and realize they definitely ARE the bad guys, if everything else in the game didn't make it obvious to you first

did you guys notice that the latest experimental version lets you Ctrl+C dialog text?

Wait, what? What's this do, exactly?

Goromorg

Savant
Do the protectorate quests and realize they definitely ARE the bad guys, if everything else in the game didn't make it obvious to you first
Good, bad... These are very subjective categories. Good for whom? Bad for whom?
Protectorate is a militaristic and expansionary organisation, ruthless to opposition, no doubts about that.
But we haven't seen the inside side of their politics yet. Maybe general Melek is seriously concerned with the future of humanity, and sees the unification as the only chance against total extinction.
P.S. Also, Protectorate quests are badass.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
also with the 50% reduction in player sale prices,does investing in mercantile become more worthwile now?i always lvled merchantile to around 70 in order to unlock the second/third tier items shops have.
spotted some new foods that add % to dmg resis,guess this doesnt stack with armor right?

Goromorg

Savant
so for a metal armor/assault rifle what changes the burst nerf bring?
Unique rifles are not that far behind crafted ones now. Critical strikes are a way to go as mentioned above. Ambush + molotovs still rocks.
also with the 50% reduction in player sale prices,does investing in mercantile become more worthwile now?i always lvled merchantile to around 70 in order to unlock the second/third tier items shops have.
spotted some new foods that add % to dmg resis,guess this doesnt stack with armor right?
Raise mercantile only together with crafting skills to get high-level components.
It is also worth to put only 10 points in mercantile to get access to Kevin's shop in Foundry.
Bonuses from food can be stacked with conditioning, stoicism, aegis drug and morphine shot. It is actually a very strong defence and you can build a character around it.
This damage mitigation applies after shields and armor.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Codexians, Codex broes, Codex hoes, Codex's 3 waifus (?citation?) and Infinitron!
If I told you I know a guy, am cousin of a guy or perhaps even I'M THE guy who lives 1h of slow travel by public transport away from Styg's and Incline's home would you Codex broes, if Styg ofc agrees and me and my mate don't end up devoured by Borča's jookhelas on our whey to Stygland, want us to go there, interview Styg and his team, shoot few selfies at Incline's construction site with accidentally left turned on computer screens in background, and flash before your eyes screenshots from expansion and m-y-s-t-e-r-y project for few brief seconds before they and your high school memories vanish in a flash of bright light? You'd be given of course more than reasonable amount of time for all the questions you'd like to ask and we can guarantee all of them being asked!

This attempt of serious fan gaming journalizm not seen on internetz since last Codex Gamezcon Report, for Codexer more akin to Holy Site of cRPG's Spirit Rebirth pilgrimage, could also be done in co-op with local Serbian gaming newspaper with Codexian spirit living in their staff that goes by the name "Svet Kompjutera" in english: ~ PC World/ World of Computers. Few years ago they paid visit to Styg and wrote couple of articles full of interesting infoids which might had flown completely under your radar, like this one:

www.sk.rs/2016/02/sids01.html *
*Did I mention I give affordable Serbian lessons...

BUT WHAT'S YOUR BLOODY AGENDA?

Well, it's acquisition of alibi for me and me mate to shake hands and drink beer with our and yours local legend (our and yours cause Styg's true address is our hearts
love.png
), joint force marketing campaign for Underrail's upcoming expansion, Codex and world seeing some behind the curtain images of Wizard of Inclinoz's RPG laboratory and stealthily reversing some of balancing changes for next patch, Fun Vult! ;)

I'll measure lvl of your interest in brofists and if enough of you want to see an episode of Afternoon with Stygians, I'll make separate thread for this topic tomorrow and interview founder of Codex's Noble House Underrail! :)
Sure, but don't go where you think our offices are, especially not unannounced...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The whole Protectorat vs Free Drones situation is almost one sided in terms that person who wrote dialogues to Free Drones made them look like characters from caricature on Islamic terrorist, while Protectorate on the other hand wasn't so extreme. Maybe I wrong,

Free Drones quest line is...dunno the word for it. It's like it's gold covered in three layers of shit; you have to somehow know or guess your way past the shit to find the good inside.
2. justify rail crossing not getting the train; I guess it's bad for them but better for south underrail?

vs

did you guys notice that the latest experimental version lets you Ctrl+C dialog text?

I am perfectly aware the Protectorate are the bad guys, that's why I side with them.

In the real world, the greater evil always wins.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

vs

Yeah,it is pretty convoluted. I messed it up and decided to just wipe the protectorate. The upper base was pretty challenging.

ciox

Liturgist
Is smg burst + quick tinkering still the king?
Smart module bursts and quick tinkering have been nerfed pretty strongly, but careful use of specialization points should take some of the bite out of those nerfs, later into the game that is.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Smart module bursts and quick tinkering have been nerfed pretty strongly, but careful use of specialization points should take some of the bite out of those nerfs, later into the game that is.

Thanks. So what is actually good now?

I tried psy, knife, assault rifle back when SMG is the king and I found them to be useless against a subset of enemies and don't quite have as much synergy or skill point efficiency as smg + traps + some throwing

ciox

Liturgist

Thanks. So what is actually good now?

I tried psy, knife, assault rifle back when SMG is the king and I found them to be useless against a subset of enemies and don't quite have as much synergy or skill point efficiency as smg + traps + some throwing
Full psi is still strong as fuck, no nerfs there.
In general "full x" supported by crafting is pretty strong, hybrid builds require CC, consumables and good knowledge of the AI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom