Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
There are people who don't play on PotD and Expert mode?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Literally no reason to use Expert mode unless going for achievements. It obscures critical information the system relies on, like defenses.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
It removes all the annoying 'hints' from the dialogue, not to mention fixes the UI apparently.

My eyes are still bleeding from the screenshot in the last page.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finished the Beast of Winter DLC. It was pretty enjoyable, mostly because the adventuring felt focused and didn't have me doing appetizer sized content and then leaving a tiny island to sail to the next one. What I didn't enjoy was that it was only snow areas for the first 20 minutes and the last 10 minutes and then I was visiting various historical locations, which made it feel like Obsidian is trying to cram in as much world building as possible, which in turn made the DLC feel narratively all over the place. None of the 3 side stories had anything to do with the Dragon or the supposed threat of the iceberg itself. Obz writing team in general feels really desperate in their attempt to establish this setting instead of letting it unfold organically, which is one of the reasons why the writing suffers so immensely (one of the many reasons, mind you). The two boss encounters were pretty good tho and that's what I value more, I guess. I think I might just finish the game now instead of moving on to the other DLC. I want to restart the game and play it on a harder difficulty with a better party (I only multiclassed one of my characters since I wanted to get a feel for the game systems first, but now I feel like you really need to multiclass to get anything fun out of the character/party building).

P.S: Seriously, Obs. Give that art team that goddamn bonus already. Jesus.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are some enemies always supposed to stay a certain amount of levels ahead of you when level upscaling is enabled? Like the Flama Naga Marauder in the water guild for example.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are some enemies always supposed to stay a certain amount of levels ahead of you when level upscaling is enabled? Like the Flama Naga Marauder in the water guild for example.
I think they have a base level at which you are supposed to encounter them and they can scale up to four levels upwards from that. So if you are supposed to encounter them at level 10 you cna go there at up to level 14 and they will still be at your level. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Prime Junta

Enemies scale within a bracket. So if the base levels for an encounter are 10 (you) and 12 (enemy), and you're at level 12, it'll get scaled to 14. However if you're at level 16 it'll still be 14 (or whatever the top of the scaling bracket is).

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I guess not all are scaling up to the maximum of +4 levels?
+4 is the maximum for trash mobs. For names enemies it's +6 (from 1.1 patch notes).
It's a little depressing when I'm level 19 and I meet a boss with TWO skulls in Forgotten Sanctum. :D

What is depressing? Bosses being over your level cap shouldn't be a problem. Hell I think there should have been at least a 24-25 level boss to see those red sword and three red skulls.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Those Naga Marauders had the red sword and three red skulls. At first I tried coming back after gaining a few levels, but it was still the same. So far that's the only encounter were this happened, that's why I'm asking.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I guess not all are scaling up to the maximum of +4 levels?
+4 is the maximum for trash mobs. For names enemies it's +6 (from 1.1 patch notes).
It's a little depressing when I'm level 19 and I meet a boss with TWO skulls in Forgotten Sanctum. :D

I had 3-skull enemies at level 20, some of the enemies are definetely above level 20.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom