Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Twenty Nine - Conservative Christmas

sqeecoo

Arcane
EiD47EY.png

IT'S TIME! I AM READY! (Playing EA C'Tis which is Heat 2 Preference)

For EA C'tis you definitely want H3 - your guys are coldblooded and you never want them to be in the cold, and at H3 you don't get cold even in winter. You probably don't need luck 3 and order 3, although this kind of pure scales build is not a completely terrible choice. C'tis would actually like a bit of nature and astral magic on the pretender, since it can search those paths with the shamans but can't get them very high (barring the late and expensive couatl summon). Other magic paths (like fire) that you lack are also nice for diversity, but scales are probably the priority, or an awake expander if you prefer that. For the bless components, arcane finesse and reinvigoration is ok on your shaman communions, and recuperation is neat for late in the game when you can use it to heal your tartarians (or mindhunters, but those are less likely).

Otherwise, use the elite slave warriors, they are amazing troops - and go for enchantment 5 for your reborn and sauromancers to spam skeletons and foul vapors :) Them's the basics.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I would like to share my build, but the more experienced players will use the information

:negative:

Infinitum

Scholar
i'm getting an error from llamaserver that the .2h i sent isn't valid, did anyone else encounter this? The game itself reads the savefile just fine so not sure what's up.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I started the game already because there wasn't much activity in terms of recruitment.

I'll postpone hosting for 24h to help give time to fix the issues. Are you sure you have DE 1.41 installed? I would check with that

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm getting the same issue for another game as well, might be a llamaserver thing.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Fuuuuuck sake, the game is deleted.

Does anyone else want to RM it as host?

Infinitum

Scholar
Eh, I'll do it. I'm rolling a 6-player generic EA map with cartographic revision to go with it, just gimme a sec to fail miserably.

EDIT: And done. Early era, Dominions Enhanced 1.41, no looking at other players score graphs, normal indie strenght and game settings (ai level difficult). ~15 land provinces per player. Turn 100 apocalypse because fuck me if this carries on into 2020. 2 level 1 thrones per player, 12 in total, 7 to win. I entered a master password (as well as an admin one), no idea what that does. Was that a blunder?

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Thaaaank you!

I have had so many of my games nuked by Llama recently it's not funny at all. Sent my pretender for Xibalba

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Do any of you play Dom outside of RPG codex by the way? i'm mostly on the dominions discord, looks like the main place for games now

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, I play some discord stuff, I think I saw you there :) On Lucid's discord server too.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
What's your discord ID? obviously for pre-game alliance purposes

Infinitum

Scholar
Sqeecoo
Dayyalu
coldcrow

ALL ABOARD

Seriously though wtf did I do with that master password shit?

EDIT: Also is the map downloadable and in order? Better that I know if I need to fix it now rther than later.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Clicking the map link on llama leads to this forum topic, so no, I don't have the map :)

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I second that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom