Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No idea. But try entering the shaman's hut in the lizard village. Maybe the boy will spawn there?

Ninja'd!

Funposter

Arcane
Somehow I managed to miss the first interaction with Bartholomew where you stumble into his lab and talk to him about the situation with dimwit. Instead I went to the Lone House and trolls were already attacking it. I don't think this really changes anything, except missing out on a dialogue option to shift alignment, but it was bizarre to walk into what is essentially part 2 of his character arc and have zero context for anything that was happening. I also ran into some random encounters which I had never seen before, despite playing up to and through this part of the game for my third time (restart-itis). This whole thing is making the powergamer in me very nervous.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
None of those are really romance :D I mean, seriously, Jeanette? Her idea of "romance" would be a middle finger stuck up your bum :D

VV is a romance. A chaste one, since most vampires have no interest in sex.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
nice touch, the giant owlbear that you killed in the story became a great rug for the local tavern
MuCmTbL.jpg

Efe

Erudite
Somehow I managed to miss the first interaction with Bartholomew where you stumble into his lab and talk to him about the situation with dimwit. Instead I went to the Lone House and trolls were already attacking it. I don't think this really changes anything, except missing out on a dialogue option to shift alignment, but it was bizarre to walk into what is essentially part 2 of his character arc and have zero context for anything that was happening. I also ran into some random encounters which I had never seen before, despite playing up to and through this part of the game for my third time (restart-itis). This whole thing is making the powergamer in me very nervous.
i had read that if you dont tell him about trolls fire immunity in first visit he is weaker/dies in troll attack.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i had read that if you dont tell him about trolls fire immunity in first visit he is weaker/dies in troll attack.
Or if gets killed during the fight. You have rush the trolls that attack him.

Funposter

Arcane
Yeah it's a pain in the ass but you can save him by killing the trolls quick enough and also healing him during combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you cast fear on the trolls its easy to save bart. With their saving throws they always get scared.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah it's a pain in the ass but you can save him by killing the trolls quick enough and also healing him during combat
Or you could just lower their damage output to 0.2 during the battle. I must say that kingmaker have the second best difficulty setting after thief.

Funposter

Arcane
Or you could just lower their damage output to 0.2 during the battle. I must say that kingmaker have the second best difficulty setting after thief.
I try not to mess with a game's difficulty during gameplay, especially if it's the sort of difficulty that's just causing a couple of reloads and wasting five minutes. If I reduced the damage to 0.2 for every encounter like that, the game would pretty much be devoid of any challenge.

Speaking of challenge, I just did the Valerie duel and won it for the first time. I did a little bit of questing before hand to reach level 7 (I think I'd done it at level 6 the other two times) and rushed over there. Usual routine of stacking every conceivable buff before the battle, but with a fun difference this time. Valerie is specced as a Kinetic Knight, so I was able to grease the area behind the Paladin, meaning he spent about 3/4 of the fight on his arse. Kinetic Knight levels are worth it for this experience alone. Being able to murder him after he surrendered was also very cool. Felt like a KOTOR 2 companion moment. Thanks for all the +2 gear, dickhead.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I try not to mess with a game's difficulty during gameplay, especially if it's the sort of difficulty that's just causing a couple of reloads and wasting five minutes. If I reduced the damage to 0.2 for every encounter like that, the game would pretty much be devoid of any challenge.

Speaking of challenge, I just did the Valerie duel and won it for the first time. I did a little bit of questing before hand to reach level 7 (I think I'd done it at level 6 the other two times) and rushed over there. Usual routine of stacking every conceivable buff before the battle, but with a fun difference this time. Valerie is specced as a Kinetic Knight, so I was able to grease the area behind the Paladin, meaning he spent about 3/4 of the fight on his arse. Kinetic Knight levels are worth it for this experience alone. Being able to murder him after he surrendered was also very cool. Felt like a KOTOR 2 companion moment. Thanks for all the +2 gear, dickhead.
I also had her as KK, but I reached level where I picked 2nd element and it was touch attack water one. She completely destroyed that paladin's ass as his touch AC is basically non existent.

ArchAngel

Arcane
new beta patch:
Update 1.2.0g (beta) - Feedback thread
Here are some updates for the 1.2 beta.

Please, if you're taking part in the open beta for 1.2, tell us here whether you've experienced any change in loading times.

• Dreadful Carnage only worked with weapon attacks. Resolution: Now Dreadful Carnage works with spells as well. Pay attention please that it uses dazzling display and intimidates the enemies around the character and not around the target.
  • Players can meet Anoriel Eight Eyes at the "House at the Edge of Time" area now who grants access to hire the mercenaries.
  • Players can change a party roster now leaving courtyard the at the "House at the Edge of Time" area.
  • Good Hope area of effect was far larger than the size of the visual effect. Resolution: Good Hope now affects smaller area (15 ft radius).
  • Avinash Jurrg was weaker than intended. Resolution: His stats now reflect his race more properly.
  • Experience rewards for killing Wild Hunt, bosses in Irovetti's Palace and in the "House at the Edge of Time" area has been drastically increased.
  • Experience rewards for completing last companion quests, quests in the last two chapters and the "War of the River Kings" quest has been drastically increased.
  • The "Ancient formula" objective couldn't be completed after "Experiment on a Wererat and report to Bokken" objective. Resolution: fixed.
  • Kinetic Knight archetype didn't get the bonuses from Skilled Kineticist wild talent. Resolution: fixed.
  • Octavia couldn't place transmutation spells in the Favorite School slots. Resolution: fixed.
  • Healing spells weren't applied to the wounded party members during the first Rest at the "Oleg's Trading Post" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Artisan Varrask didn't bring the masterpiece even when all the conditions were met. Resolution: Fixed. Varrask will correctly bring the masterpiece. For players, who have already met the conditions he will bring it on the second time he comes to the throne room.
  • Kineticist Cold Blast damage for Dark Elementalist and Psychokineticist archetypes was calculated incorrectly, based on kineticist's Constitution. Resolution: fixed.
  • There was no exit marker on the "Southern Barrens" area map. Resolution: fixed.
  • Portal to the "Everblooming Flower Cradle" area (the last chapter) could be used only one time. Resolution: fixed.
  • Athletic skill-check was applied only once during uphill climbs at the "Bridge over the Gudrin River" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players can see the general Kingdom stats in settlement building interface now.
I underlined the important parts. The last one I asked for on their forums last week, I doubt it is random they just decided to implement it now :D
I asked for a lot more improvements for kingdom management, I guess this one was easiest to implement.

I hope they implement ability to buy BP directly from kingdom management screen, that one would speed up kingdom management the most.

EDIT: I checked out the patch, the fix to Octavia is not working in my game but I noticed some things working that were not in last version that are not in the patch.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Has anyone figured out how to the use the teleportation to your other settlements? I got a Mage Tower in my capital, do I need one in all villages? I was hoping it would at least work one way if you only got it in capital.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I turned Linzi into bard 7/EK x and focused all feats into bows. Gave her that acid bow you find. She is more useful now and deals good damage. Unlike Ekun she can provide Good Hope (+2 to attacks, saves, damage, skills), Bard Song (+2 to attacks, damage) and Haste (+1 to attacks, reflex saves and +1 attack per round). And she can cast Sense Vitals on herself which covers for small weapon damage penalty and more. With 7 levels of bard she only lost 2 bab compared to ranger. Only real penalty is that she does not have access to OP pet like Ekun does.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Has anyone figured out how to the use the teleportation to your other settlements? I got a Mage Tower in my capital, do I need one in all villages? I was hoping it would at least work one way if you only got it in capital.

You need one everywhere. There are also teleportation circles (which I think need a certain Arcane kingdom value to become available).

ArchAngel

Arcane
To fix Octavia not being able to memorize spells in specialization slots I had to use a cheat program to remove all her Transmutation spells and add them back in... tnx for nothing devs..

ArchAngel

Arcane
First time I had skill focus: perception during Womb part of the game and I found an Enlarged Owlbear-like Treant.. this shit is insane.. 400 hp.. 3x +35 attack and 40 damage per hit and all saves 15+ :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
First time I had skill focus: perception during Womb part of the game and I found an Enlarged Owlbear-like Treant.. this shit is insane.. 400 hp.. 3x +35 attack and 40 damage per hit and all saves 15+ :D
:whatho:
The owl battle is maybe the easiest of the bosses. It just dies in two rounds.

Deleted Member 16721

Put a teleportation circle in every city you want to be able to travel to and from.

Finally found a magic tower shield for Valerie! It's just a +2 with no trickery, but better than her mundane one she'd been lugging around since the start. Still got fairly shit robes for my wizard and only a +2 INT hat but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important for wizzing. Vanishing of Varnhold quest continues to be pretty cool other than the fact that I probably should make a trek back to my barony just to reassign dudes and make sure nothing's on fire. Going over/through the mountains to reach Varnhold takes a decent chunk of time and the quest has had a fair bit of running around, so I might've rolled into a new month and had new events trigger. It is a bit of a shame that you can't just set your kingdom to "If the baron isn't around you idiots handle any crises" mode and it auto-assigns people to solve shit if they're available. Could even have the drawback of them not automatically jumping on opportunities, just fixing problems.

Is this game patched enough to play or should I wait a few more months? Tried it when it first came out and it was fun but a shit show of bugs and I had to stop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom