Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess not all are scaling up to the maximum of +4 levels?
+4 is the maximum for trash mobs. For names enemies it's +6 (from 1.1 patch notes).
It's a little depressing when I'm level 19 and I meet a boss with TWO skulls in Forgotten Sanctum. :D

What is depressing? Bosses being over your level cap shouldn't be a problem. Hell I think there should have been at least a 24-25 level boss to see those red sword and three red skulls.

I meant "depressing" more in quotes than literally. Chill, man.

Those Naga Marauders had the red sword and three red skulls. At first I tried coming back after gaining a few levels, but it was still the same. So far that's the only encounter were this happened, that's why I'm asking.
If you gain enough levels you will reach theirs eventually, but at three red ones they are a pain. You probably mean those in the Watershapers' guild?

2house2fly

Magister
What is depressing? Bosses being over your level cap shouldn't be a problem. Hell I think there should have been at least a 24-25 level boss to see those red sword and three red skulls.
the megabosses are- Belranga is level 25, Hauani O Whe is 27, Auranic is 28 and Dorudugan is 30.

I made a mod to increase the level cap and I've wondered if level scaling would still kick in when going above 20. I assume it would, but Obsidian being Obsidian you never know. Like Nemnok is level 20, with a higher level cap presumably he could scale up to level 26

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patch 4.1: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107848-v410-is-now-available-on-the-beta-branch/

Hello everyone!

We have just placed our 4.1.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Please bear in mind that many changes are still being worked on and added as we get closer to patch! Please let us know if this patch has any unintended effects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback!!

Patch Notes for 4.1.0.0011
Resolved Issues

• Various typos in Forgotten Sanctum have been resolved.
  • Certain conversation prerequisites will no longer be incorrectly locked or unlocked in specific circumstances.
  • Prepared chants are now removed when respeccing a character.
  • Fixed issue where companion game objects were not removed if they left the party on the World Map.
  • The player will no longer be returned to the main menu on transitioning to or from Nekataka.
  • Characters are no longer reaching 0 HP and becoming invincible.
  • Due to the universal fix of assuring companions do not stay at 0HP and invincible, they will also not die if they leave your party due to going below deck.
  • Ciphers will receive focus for their first attack when attacking from stealth.
  • News on the Main Menu no longer displays out of date information.
  • The visual effects from Garrote originates from the correct hand.
  • Beguiler Focus will regenerate properly.
  • Fixed a bug with Wall of Frost displaying 0 base penetration.
  • Slippers of the Assassin no longer deactivate if player kills two targets at the same time with an AoE ability.
  • The journal will no longer display incorrect data when opened the first time after loading a save.
  • Disarming traps with multiple characters will no longer give multiple trap items.

[*]Doors to The Scriptorium and both wings of the Halls Obscured no longer remain locked if Tayn and Llengrath have been killed before the first encounter with the Oracle.
    [*]Maerwald will no longer summon a Vela Clone while on Hylea's Challenge.
    [*]Maerwald's Soul Crush ability is no longer missing its string.
    [*]Revelating Missiles no longer hits Allies as well as Enemies.
    [*]In the Hall of Reconfiguration, the Frightened Child's Imaginary Friends no longer bleed when struck with weapons.
    [*]Addressed issue where the Enchanted Armor in the Quarantined Section was remaining highlighted as an interactable when animated.
    [*]Salvation of Time cannot be empowered anymore.
    [*]Fassina is present in the Dark Cupboard if Forgotten Sanctum DLC is not installed.
    [*]After completing the Rauatai Coup, the Watcher can find Netehe and return the Huana Tablet to her.
    [*]Llengrath now remains in the Temple of Revelation after the events of the Forgotten Sanctum.
    [*]Enemies and Companions in the Drowned Barrows will either become knocked out or die as is intended.
    [*]Attacks with extra AoEs (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Whispers of the Endless Paths) will now have correct recovery when used with attack abilities.
    [*]The correct end choice will trigger after defeating Oracle and choosing the option to give Wael's body to Councelhaut.
    [*]The Courier's Calling encounter no longer triggers without Maia in party.
    [*]Shimmering Dreambeast now has a visual Shimmering effect to reflect its Shimmerstep ability.
    [*]Fixed a bug that was causing Lord Darryn's Voulge to be not obtainable if not picked up the first time the shipwreck encounter is triggered.

No sign of turn-based mode yet.

entr0py

Scholar
the megabosses are- Belranga is level 25, Hauani O Whe is 27, Auranic is 28 and Dorudugan is 30.

I made a mod to increase the level cap and I've wondered if level scaling would still kick in when going above 20. I assume it would, but Obsidian being Obsidian you never know. Like Nemnok is level 20, with a higher level cap presumably he could scale up to level 26

It's funny though how easy Dorudugan is compared to Auranic. Dorudugan I beat on my second try once I saw what his gimmick is. Auranic on the other hand took me 5 hours over two days to beat finally, you have to pay attention to so many things at once, like disabling/killing obelisks while paying attention to never let her cast arcane dampener and other high-risk spells, it was actually the only fight I rather scaled down combat speed to the slowest. Was kinda surprised no one mentioned that fight yet here on the Codex as is a really hard one imo. P.s.: if you just kill her the obelisks will still continue firing away probably taking down your surviving party real quick, good fun :D

2house2fly

Magister
Speak of the devil, some innocuous looking modding notes for 4.1

Modding Patch Notes for v4.1.0.0011

• Added BaseProgressionTableAppendGameData. Modders can create game data objects of this type to add abilities into existing progression tables and maintain compatibility with other mods.
  • Added GodChallengeComponent.ActivationPrerequisites
  • Added StatusEffectComponent.HideIfNoValue
  • Added WeaponAttackAbilityComponent.ApplyEffectsToPrimaryOnly
  • Added StatusEffectValueType.ClassSkillBonus
  • (Breaking) Removed functionality of StatusEffectType.BonusAccuracyForNearestAllyOnSameEnemy for performance reasons
  • Fixed a bug where conditional expressions that mixed and/or operators could evaluate incorrectly in specific situations
  • Added a note to ConditionalExpression documentation about the evaluation order of boolean expressions
  • Added Always(Boolean) script conditional
  • Added HasCharmedEnemyNearby script conditional
  • Added IsControllablePartyMember script conditional
  • Added RestoreResourcesFromRest script
  • Added StoreRegenerateItems script
being able to add abilities to progression tables is interesting. Might expand my level cap mod to include some post-level 20 powers

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want details on the worldbuilding, pick a conversation option and enter the Obsidian Narrative Designer Interactive Menu.

"For details on the Hand Occult, press 1."

This style of laying out the story is retarded enough to be pronounced GOTY wiriting by journos.

More brownish nuggets of writing excellence:
Some speak of the Hand Occult as hyper-competent masters of four-dimensional hazatoa... when they know of them at all.

2house2fly

Magister
Is Safav still around? I want to know if he has any idea what "LAX4ScriptSet" refers to in the game files.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
What's more interesting is that the DLC name laxi emerged in game files, and it has at least one god conversation.

2house2fly

Magister
The god conversation will be with Woedica and actually address the DLC crown in some way. There's also a Book Of Woedican Law item or something. I have faith that there will be more to helping Izzia complete her life's work than a "my don't you look regal" bark line

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Well there are actually two god conversations. One labelled specifically "god conversation Ukaizo"

Even more curious, someone reported that the LAXI file was added in the first patch with another dlc called 'LAXH', and both were quickly removed. Whatever it is has been in conception since the beginning.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
No!!!!! I think they're going to ditch the awesome initiative system seen in the turn-based preview for a round robin system.
I was thinking about the initiative system, and how it wouldn't accommodate classes like shapeshifter druids, who can get 4 or 5 attacks in for every 1 attack a large weapon user could get. It really, really invalidates fast attacks. Being able to go first isn't nearly as good as being able to go five times.

Doktor Best

Arcane
No!!!!! I think they're going to ditch the awesome initiative system seen in the turn-based preview for a round robin system.
I was thinking about the initiative system, and how it wouldn't accommodate classes like shapeshifter druids, who can get 4 or 5 attacks in for every 1 attack a large weapon user could get. It really, really invalidates fast attacks. Being able to go first isn't nearly as good as being able to go five times.

Just let them attack with burst mode. Problem solved.

Prime Junta

I hear there is this role-playing system that has a concept called #ATK. It says how many attacks you can make in a round. Radical idea, I know.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Being able to go first isn't nearly as good as being able to go five times.

Not necessarily. Casting Relentless Storm at the beginning of a battle and stunning every enemy for the round can be more valuable than 5 regular attacks.

You also have to consider the new defensive angle. A glass cannon Druid with low initiative is going to be the first eliminated by the AI.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I hear there is this role-playing system that has a concept called #ATK. It says how many attacks you can make in a round. Radical idea, I know.

Not a good idea. You already have a complicated initiative system at play. Adding another variable would make it hard to balance.

The Real Fanboy
The god conversation will be with Woedica and actually address the DLC crown in some way. There's also a Book Of Woedican Law item or something. I have faith that there will be more to helping Izzia complete her life's work than a "my don't you look regal" bark line

This would be everything! Tho I do appreciate being called stunning for my cute princess crown!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom