Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

overtenemy

Augur
I hope the devs are still reading because contracts being a negative thing is getting sort of out of hand for me. Check it, I get a 2K contract during undead invasion to get an artifact. Thing is way the hell across the map. I had scouted it previously and knew there to be an ancient priest and honor guards there, a tough fight. I decline. Get another contract for the same place. 7.4K. Accept, go there, click on it, the fight becomes HARDER: plethora of legionnaires, many honor guards, FEW ancient priests? C'mon bruh.

So I reload, take no contract, go there, pull unholds, take the fight, and...
A0PA7z7.png

As well as THREE ancient coins. I mean, the item is priced at 7.5K, but buying this thing at a shop would probably cost 15K or more. How could a contract that makes the fight even more difficult possibly be worth losing this for 7.4K? And so it's gotten to the point that I basically don't even think contracts to attack places are worth it under hardly any circumstance once you've reached the ability to clear them. Who knows what you might miss, and for what really? I'm glad I'm not playing this run ironman, because reloading is showing me a great many things about how the game works.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I hope the devs are still reading because contracts being a negative thing is getting sort of out of hand for me. Check it, I get a 2K contract during undead invasion to get an artifact. Thing is way the hell across the map. I had scouted it previously and knew there to be an ancient priest and honor guards there, a tough fight. I decline. Get another contract for the same place. 7.4K. Accept, go there, click on it, the fight becomes HARDER: plethora of legionnaires, many honor guards, FEW ancient priests? C'mon bruh.

So I reload, take no contract, go there, pull unholds, take the fight, and...
A0PA7z7.png

As well as THREE ancient coins. I mean, the item is priced at 7.5K, but buying this thing at a shop would probably cost 15K or more. How could a contract that makes the fight even more difficult possibly be worth losing this for 7.4K? And so it's gotten to the point that I basically don't even think contracts to attack places are worth it under hardly any circumstance once you've reached the ability to clear them. Who knows what you might miss, and for what really? I'm glad I'm not playing this run ironman, because reloading is showing me a great many things about how the game works.

Yeah I feel the same.
Its kind of fucked and dumb either way. Why they don't made contracts that use existing locations instead of replacing locations enemies for a contract(and loot too)? Especially now with plenty of other contracts that rely on spawning wandering bands?
Also I was talking with the guy who supposedly talk with rapps who supposedly said that 1/2 stars contracts for locations replace local loot but 3 stars not - to be honest I am not so sure about that. Well info from second hand and to be honest I don't really trust anything that we even get directly from the devs.

Prime Junta

Ho bros, question. I just got a campaign past the endgame crisis and now I'm hella powerful. Been playing a bit more and it just feels repetitive and grindy, doing the same ol' contracts over and over again. I did a trip into the wilderness but all I found was an orc camp with a leader that I whacked. Since some of you play way beyond that, could to give some pointers on how to make it fresh again? At this point it feels like so much mechanical clicking.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ho bros, question. I just got a campaign past the endgame crisis and now I'm hella powerful. Been playing a bit more and it just feels repetitive and grindy, doing the same ol' contracts over and over again. I did a trip into the wilderness but all I found was an orc camp with a leader that I whacked. Since some of you play way beyond that, could to give some pointers on how to make it fresh again? At this point it feels like so much mechanical clicking.

Welcome to the end game of BB?

There's nothing else to do, game runs out of content and that's it because no mods. Hunt for the Black Monolith, and that's it. Hell, we have a almost 200 pages thread that says that "great game until you run out of content then there's nothing to do because same enemies same maps same quests same crises".

Simply quit and hope they'll manage an expansion with more meat. Or release mod tools.

Barbarian

Arcane
Is the golden goose useful for any event or content?

I struck lucky and found it very early in-game. Extremely tempted to sell it and use the money to either buy good gear or hire two high-tier bros right from the start.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is the golden goose useful for any event or content?

I struck lucky and found it very early in-game. Extremely tempted to sell it and use the money to either buy good gear or hire two high-tier bros right from the start.
No further use - except the 15 coins per day.

Don't sell it for (much) less than 4k.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'd say sell it for any decent price (~3.5k or over).

You're going to earn 1500 gold from it in 100 days. Usually, by day 100 or 150, you're swimming in money. So why not take the big windfall now when you need it most, instead of hoping that somewhere around day 250 or something you're going to see a relative 'profit' by keeping it?

Barbarian

Arcane

Welcome to the end game of BB?

There's nothing else to do, game runs out of content and that's it because no mods. Hunt for the Black Monolith, and that's it. Hell, we have a almost 200 pages thread that says that "great game until you run out of content then there's nothing to do because same enemies same maps same quests same crises".

Simply quit and hope they'll manage an expansion with more meat. Or release mod tools.

ITT, play the 2 other crises and do the late-game challenges added with the dlc(3 bosses).

No game remains forever fresh though, just the way of life. I usually got bored and quit before the second crisis, now at least there are things to look for after it.

Tigranes

Arcane
I used to quit after the first crisis, this DLC run is the first time I've done all 3 crises.

I want to go out with a bang but never mind the black monolith, my dudes can't even handle the witch hut because my early vets neglected Resolve and we can't handle 6 hexen + a dozen other beast enemies

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, certainly. Plan is to go there soon and have the final battle, whether victory or defeat

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And here is some good demonstration as to WHY playing Ironmeme is retarded:

35983945804B3F641CDCED42E994A6E040056905

A deathstack just spawned on top of my dudes. Can't escape 6 gorillion spiders and a hexe, can't fight them at low lvl either. This is just one of the many occasions the game just takes a massive dump on the player's face for fuck all reason. It's really sad that the developers can't tell the difference between "challenge" and "kicking the player's nuts at random intervals", because otherwise BB would've been a 10/10 game. As it stands right now, anyone with common sense will savescum their way around this kind of questionable design. Unless your idea of fun is having to restart a perfectly good campaign simply because the game thought it was time to end it.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What day is this?

I'm not a fan of having to carry a whole lot of stuff for a single enemy type (Necklaces, half a dozen sticks, half a dozen shields), but properly equipped a single Hexe shouldn't be too bad.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, I've never been ambushed completely out of nowhere by some dudes spawning on top of me. Maybe it's a real bug, but it's not exactly "one of many occasions" where BB unfairly and pointlessly fucks your ironman for no reason.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Yeah, I've never been ambushed completely out of nowhere by some dudes spawning on top of me. Maybe it's a real bug, but it's not exactly "one of many occasions" where BB unfairly and pointlessly fucks your ironman for no reason.
I've been ambushed in the woods by webbies before. Maybe Alps too? Alps one sucked because if you don't prepare beforehand they can do a ton of damage.

Tigranes

Arcane
Sure, but usually you are ambushed because visibility is so low and those fuckers are crisscrossing the wooded terrain at high speed. Eyestabber implies that a mob spawned completely out of nowhere on top of his bros, which isn't something I've seen before.

Barbarian

Arcane
If you're not in a forest it should be fine.

Forest can actually be quite good against spiders, depending on your luck. If you spawn on a map where you can set up chokepoints, it makes the fight much easier since spiders don't have ranged attacks and won't be able to surround you/swarm you.

jungl

Augur

A deathstack just spawned on top of my dudes. Can't escape 6 gorillion spiders and a hexe, can't fight them at low lvl either. This is just one of the many occasions the game just takes a massive dump on the player's face for fuck all reason. It's really sad that the developers can't tell the difference between "challenge" and "kicking the player's nuts at random intervals", because otherwise BB would've been a 10/10 game. As it stands right now, anyone with common sense will savescum their way around this kind of questionable design. Unless your idea of fun is having to restart a perfectly good campaign simply because the game thought it was time to end it.

There even harder random death traps then this. Getting ambushed by goblins camp with extra goblins flanking you on hills or running into multiple hexes+alps+wolves in forest ambush. The latter one is the most bullshit fight in the game as there is no escape.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

There even harder random death traps then this. Getting ambushed by goblins camp with extra goblins flanking you on hills or running into multiple hexes+alps+wolves in forest ambush. The latter one is the most bullshit fight in the game as there is no escape.
No kidding.

I got a two skull contract - after I've finished every 'Bossfight' and all my Bros were at least lvl 15, tbf - to clear a goblin camp and ran into an ambush of 48 (!) Gobbos of all kinds. That's one more than in Gobbo City.

Don't take 'Attack Goblin Camp' contracts, folks.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

No kidding.

I got a two skull contract - after I've finished every 'Bossfight' and all my Bros were at least lvl 15, tbf - to clear a goblin camp and ran into an ambush of 48 (!) Gobbos of all kinds. That's one more than in Gobbo City.

Goblins seem to be getting out of hand in general, I started a new game, did the Hoggard quest then took my first one skull contract... and got ambushed and fucked by gobbos.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Yeah, got similar ambush once. But it was only* 39 gobbos. At least it was in forest, so with nets and roots from 2 shamans fight was properly slow and tedious. Got silver spoon in loot. Totally worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom