Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahahaha amazing:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ret-developer-room-which-contains-a-human-npc

Fallout 76 players are nabbing unreleased items from a secret "developer room"
And there's a human NPC inside.

Bethesda seems to have something of a war on its hands over Fallout 76's most powerful items. After several weeks of problems with players creating copies of items through duplication glitches, some have now figured out how to access a secret "developer room" in Fallout 76.

This developer room contains plans for every item in the game, including top-tier weapons and unreleased goodies which are supposed to arrive in upcoming updates. Oh, and there's an NPC in there sat all by itself. That's got to be the holy grail for game glitchers.

Reports of this room's existence began to surface on Reddit about four days ago, but some of my sources have told me it has been known about on Discord servers for several weeks. A video showing the room is currently available on YouTube - although I doubt it will remain there long. Take a peep here:

To find out more about what's been going on, I got in contact with some of the people who have visited the secret area - who wish to remain anonymous - and asked them about the process.

First up, if you were wondering what a developer room actually is, the easiest way to explain is to point towards past Bethesda titles such as Fallout 4 and Skyrim, both of which had their own developer rooms. They essentially provide developers with a space to test items, and typically contain chests filled with every conceivable item in the game.

In Bethesda's single-player titles, dev rooms are accessible on PC via console commands. As Fallout 76 is an online multiplayer game and therefore lacks console commands, its dev room should (theoretically) have been inaccessible - yet this didn't stop some players from discovering reportedly illicit methods to break in.

From looking at the video and player accounts, Fallout 76's dev room (which is technically a series of rooms) appears somewhat similar to the one found in Fallout 4, and appears to have several personalised areas with containers filled with every item in the game. A box called "All Scrap" contains plans for as-yet unreleased items, including power armour paints such as Winterized, Military and Atom Cats. Players suspect these are due to be officially released in the upcoming PvP factions update.

jpg

Hilariously, the dev room seems to contain Fallout 76's only NPC, called Wooby. Although some might hope this is a sign that Bethesda intends to add human NPCs, I suspect it's for the purpose of weapon testing. Poor Wooby.

Some of my sources told me players had sold these unreleased items on eBay, although I was unable to find these at the time of writing. The mods on subreddit Market 76, however, have apparently had to ban several users from advertising the illicit items for trade.

jpg

jpg

jpg

Here are the Atom Cats, Military and Winterized power armour paints in Fallout 76.

Yet if you're hoping to explore the room for yourself, you may want to think twice before attempting the procedure. Several sources told me Bethesda is now issuing automatic account suspensions for those who enter the room. Players are reportedly being informed of the bans via email, and take anywhere from six to 24 hours to be issued. (Eurogamer has contacted Bethesda for confirmation as to whether it is suspending accounts for entering the developer room.)

jpg

This is the email reportedly being sent to those who enter the dev room.

Despite it now being seemingly risky to retrieve items from the room, some of my sources claimed players are using mule accounts to take the items before quickly transferring them to other accounts before the banhammer comes crashing down (one source told me these items are being traded in a Russian-language trading Discord). Apparently accounts belonging to players who enter the room are being banned, but those to which the items are transferred remain unscathed.

It's likely Bethesda is looking for a way to prevent players from entering the room, and the reported suspensions are a stop-gap measure. The developer has recently made a more concerted effort to tackle item duplication glitches, which had fuelled an entire side-business of people mass-selling legendary items on eBay: sometimes for prices of $45 (£35). The latest patch seems to have killed off all the main duplication glitches - for now, at least.

This has prompted something of a panic amongst item dupers, as the PC patch was released several days before the patch for the console versions (due out on Monday). Some have claimed game servers on console have felt more unstable than usual since the patch notes were released, blaming a panic over the upcoming removal of duplication glitches. This does corroborate my own observations of Discord servers containing those who use duplication glitches, in which many players have indicated they will dupe as many items as possible over the weekend before the console patch is released.

Something that seems a little more obvious is Bethesda still has some work to do when it comes to securing the online game - although the most recent patch has made significant improvements in this regard. And it's fascinating to get a peek at what's going on behind the curtain of Fallout 76's innards. Yet this episode leaves me with one burning question: why is the dev room's NPC called Wooby?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://segmentnext.com/2019/01/09/bethesda-is-now-going-after-youtubers/
Bethesda’s Fallout 76 comes with a range of different bugs and issues. There are many ways to exploit the game including duplication glitches. Many YouTubers posted about such glitches and explained how players can achieve duplication.

Bethesda decided crackdown against such videos by banning the players from the game. It is unclear how many were banned by Bethesda but we know at least two were taken down.

What’s interesting here is that not only their main accounts got banned but also second accounts that had nothing to do with duping. The original post came from Discord’s chat where one of the YouTubers posted.

Fallout-76.jpg

This account has violated the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service by exploiting a system issue that results in item duplication. As a result, we have suspended this account indefinitely.

If you believe that this account has been flagged in error, players let us know by providing a short description of what you were doing that may have resulted in the excessively high rate of item creation. Once we are able to reproduce the situation you describe and confirm that it does activate our detection alarm, we will lift the suspension on this account. Please take a few moments to review that Terms of Service and Code of Conduct which must be acknowledged to participate in the Bethesda services.

This is a developing story so we will have more for you as this story develops.

Black

Arcane
lmao, they're holding their accounts hostage until they help them unfuck their game. Video game development in 2019.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I love the paper-thin justifications- your account is in a "corrupted" state! Therefore, tell us your secrets or your account will be held hostage.

Man oh man this just keeps getting better in an increasingly violent train wreck sort of way

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Someone gave me a copy of this as a Christmas gift. No way I will play it, but instead of giving it away I'm going to burn the unused cd key so at least one person will be saved from having this atrocity inflicted on them.

toroid

Arcane
Yeah.. looking at the pictures it really seems that the black patch is leather but the rest of the jacket is that thin faux-leather vinyl laminated fabric shit.
Doy320v.jpg
Seeing Zenimax/Bethesda burn down would be in my all-time top ten, but I kinda find some humor and satisfaction in seeing them fuck their retard whales over as hard as they possibly can.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

edit.
picture from deleted tweet:
bq-5c49cc9c2f780.jpeg

Does the paying customer get their money back for having their purchased product forcibly taken from them?
I love that Bethesda making a rust clone and handing it off to an unprepared studio who they gift with their strongest brands name is just continually destroying the brand Bethesdas built up over decades, all in the span of a year.

I constantly ask myself the same question when I see youtuber merch. Do people really buy and wear these things? Are there 20 year olds walking around with a pewdiepie or jack septiceye shirt on as they walk down the street?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

ADL

Prophet
Ha, good joke. Everyone knows you can't really hurt someone in fallout 76 unless they shoot you back first and agree to be ganked by them.
Not in this mode
Survival mode is not for the faint of heart! All players, except your teammates or event groupmates, are automatically flagged as hostile toward one another by default. There are no “invitations” to PVP combat in Survival mode. You can attack other players without restriction from the first shot you line up, meaning every encounter you have with a stranger could turn deadly in the blink of an eye.
Which brings about all sorts of logistical questions. How in the fuck is anyone gonna do the Scorchbeast Queen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom