Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
who didn't watch till the very end you can also play with a joypad as well, but i guess it's much easier that way since it's called "rookie mode"

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...-of-activision-blizzard-inc---atvi-2019-01-11

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Activision Blizzard, Inc. - ATVI

Published: Jan 11, 2019 5:00 p.m. ET

NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Activision Blizzard, Inc. ("Activision" or the "Company") ATVI, -9.37% Such investors are advised to contact Robert S. Willoughby at rswilloughby@pomlaw.com or 888-476-6529, ext. 9980.

The investigation concerns whether Activision and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.

[Click here to join a class action]

On January 11, 2019, the Company disclosed that it would be separating from its design and development partner Bungie, Inc. ("Bungie") and that Bungie will assume full publishing rights and responsibilities for the Destiny franchise. Bungie had developed the Destiny franchise with Activision as publisher. In the first five days of the Destiny franchise's release, it sold $325M at retail. Following this announcement, Activision's stock price fell sharply during intraday trading on January 11, 2019.

The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Paris, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 80 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion-dollar damages awards on behalf of class members. See www.pomerantzlaw.com.

Pomerantz LLP
rswilloughby@pomlaw.com
888-476-6529 ext. 9980

Beastro

Arcane
In DS1 at least you have to literally walk over the first few messages since you're in a small corridor. "Very easy to miss".
It's always interesting to me, these people. So you are aware you do not know how to play the game. Yet you completely ignore the glowing things on the floor, and the prompts that keep appearing as you walk over them?

It's like they are actively trying to miss the tutorial, and then complain about it. Iirc its the same in zelda, the game shows a button prompt occasionally when you can dodge, so you can discover the mechanic without finding the tutorial for it.

Could be the issues with their attention being divided because they know they're playing as others are watching their stream. At the very least they know they have to keep gameplay entertaining and not sink into boring lulls in a way someone playing without an audience doesn't have to deal with that could leave them open to missing more.

Yeah, I'm reminded of this post from the game grumps on how a big audience can be overwhelming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/1rp4mh/ima_say_a_words/

Ross said:
Egoraptor said:
[...] and by the time I come back I'm like "OKAY I GET IT, YOU DO THIS" on the show and I can see how that seems rude. So that's not cool on my part. I'm sorry about that.

I can relate, let me break this down from a similar experience on Steam Train to back Arin up:

During the day of Skyrim recording.

Me (Steam Train): "I don't know why torches in Skyrim disappear, I never figured that out. Must be a bug?"

For the next two weeks of Skyrim airing being bombarded with this via email, twitter and comments:

People (Day 1): "TORCHES RUN OUT"

Me in Private: "Oh, geez. News to me!"

For the rest of the series

People: "HOW CAN ROSS NOT KNOW THAT TORCHES RUN OUT, IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT IN JUST ABOUT EVERY ELDER SCROLLS"

Me in Private: "Seriously? I've put hundreds of hours into this series and I've never once NEEDED to use a torch. This sprinting bug is the first time I've found a purpose for them."

People: "FACEPALMING! HOW CAN HE NOT KNOW THAT!? IT'S SO OBVIOUS"

Me in Private: "Obvious how? Weapons with enchantments have a clean visible bar showing their remaining energy while torches have no such indication any where in the HUD".

People: "TORCHES RUN OUT.. LIKE IN REAL LIFE ROSS"

Me in Private: "Of course! Just like how torches can go underwater, be resistant to rain and help you sprint forever while running from Macho Man!"

People (After days of bombardment): "ROSS. DID YOU KNOW TORCHES RUN OUT??"

Me in Public (Twitter): EXPLODES WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Like Arin said, the format doesn't lend it's self well to these criticisms, comments and such. I see a lot of people going "THUMBS UP SO THEY SEE THIS" on YouTube, which is unfortunately futile. While appreciated, by the time we see them they're likely irrelevant. But hey, it's great that people are so passionate about the shows, games and the series, that they'd care enough to voice their points.. Even though how delayed they come across!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

~KISSES ;o

The guys I was quoting on the other post, however, are regular players talking about their experiences in the comments and have no excuse. I sure hope the "it's easy to miss the orange glowing marks in your path" guy doesn't operate heavy machinery during his day job, because he must be legally blind :M

edit: but there's also this :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/85e97a/no_series_in_particular/

r5j9vaal8lm01.jpg

I think a lot of criticism of Arin for skipping tutorials or not reading is because later he’ll get angry and criticize the game for not telling him what it already told him. Plus, this is a bit of an idealist vs realist argument: Arin seems to hate tutorials on principle. That’s fine. It’d be great if tutorials were better made. That’s the idealist side. The realist side is that it’s pointless and counterproductive to rebel against tutorials by mashing through them, because more often than not that leads to a lot of confusion and frustration on Arin’s part that could have been easily prevented by just paying attention to the tutorial. That puts him in a bad mood, he criticizes the game for something that he could have prevented by paying a little attention, and people who like the game get defensive (and other people just like to point out mistakes). Sometimes the mistakes are entertaining for some viewers, but other viewers might lose entertainment value with the preventable mix of slow, confused gameplay and dull, sullen commentary. It’s a lose-lose situation when neither the Grumps nor the lovelies enjoy said gameplay.

Of course, sometimes Arin does fine without tutorials; other times, the tutorials could have been terrible and wouldn’t have helped anyways. Sometimes not reading tutorials could lead to funny situations, but that’s a bit of a gamble.

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...-of-activision-blizzard-inc---atvi-2019-01-11

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Activision Blizzard, Inc. - ATVI

Published: Jan 11, 2019 5:00 p.m. ET

NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Activision Blizzard, Inc. ("Activision" or the "Company") ATVI, -9.37% Such investors are advised to contact Robert S. Willoughby at rswilloughby@pomlaw.com or 888-476-6529, ext. 9980.

The investigation concerns whether Activision and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.

[Click here to join a class action]

On January 11, 2019, the Company disclosed that it would be separating from its design and development partner Bungie, Inc. ("Bungie") and that Bungie will assume full publishing rights and responsibilities for the Destiny franchise. Bungie had developed the Destiny franchise with Activision as publisher. In the first five days of the Destiny franchise's release, it sold $325M at retail. Following this announcement, Activision's stock price fell sharply during intraday trading on January 11, 2019.

The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Paris, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pomerantz, known as the dean of the class action bar, the Pomerantz Firm pioneered the field of securities class actions. Today, more than 80 years later, the Pomerantz Firm continues in the tradition he established, fighting for the rights of the victims of securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, and corporate misconduct. The Firm has recovered numerous multimillion-dollar damages awards on behalf of class members. See www.pomerantzlaw.com.

Pomerantz LLP
rswilloughby@pomlaw.com
888-476-6529 ext. 9980

Maybe they all short sold the stock before Blizzcon and Diablo Immortal reveal as a dry run, but its easier to attribute the current state of blizz to incompetence then actual malice.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/user/machinima/videos
for some reasons Machinima deletes his videos on the channel
they had some good content (Deus Ex The Recut, recently remastered and Freeman's Mind) but most of it was garbage that barely anyone watched? People subbed (12mln subs) and forgot about that channel?

Surprised they were still alive, they stopped paying their hosts partners for years and just watermark stuff that does not belong to them.

edit: it must be something with new AT&T streaming service then?
https://deadline.com/2018/11/warner...o-become-part-of-atts-otter-media-1202506039/

also - some content
image.png

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.youtube.com/user/machinima/videos
for some reasons Machinima deletes his videos on the channel
they had some good content (Deus Ex The Recut, recently remastered and Freeman's Mind) but most of it was garbage that barely anyone watched? People subbed (12mln subs) and forgot about that channel?

Surprised they were still alive, they stopped paying their hosts partners for years and just watermark stuff that does not belong to them.

edit: it must be something with new AT&T streaming service then?
https://deadline.com/2018/11/warner...o-become-part-of-atts-otter-media-1202506039/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/machinima-youtube-purge

Machinima has deleted its entire YouTube library

Machinima, one of YouTube’s oldest surviving multi-channel networks, has taken down more than a decade’s worth of video content from its YouTube channel in the wake of its sale to Fullscreen Media.

The sudden deletion of Machinima’s entire archive of YouTube videos came as a surprise to many of its current and former contributors, who noticed the channel had gone dark Friday.

“Wow… they finally went ahead and deleted everything we’d ever done,” tweeted RickyFTW, who co-hosts the YouTube series Internet Today.

Actress and writer Felicia Day said the Dragon Age: Redemption series she’d written, produced, and performed in are among those lost in the mass deletion.

“I guess my Dragon Age web series is now gone with the Machinima video purge,” she tweeted. “Grab the DVDs while you can, not sure it will ever be online again. RIP”

As an MCN, Machinima hosted content by popular YouTube creators like Gamerpoop and Super Best Friends Play, growing to more than 12 million subscribers since its launch on YouTube back in 2006.

Working with multi-channel networks like Machinima once was considered mandatory for success on YouTube, but in the past several years, YouTube’s rules have changed to make it easier for independent content creators to successfully monetize their videos. That’s made MCNs increasingly obsolete, and Machinima has struggled to find a path forward since its sale to Warner Bros. in 2016.

This week, Fullscreen parent company Otter Media announced it had purchased Machinima, and the scrub of Machinima’s YouTube channel seems to have come as a direct result, with affiliated creators getting no advance notice, save for a letter from Fullscreen GM Beau Bryant that promised a “smooth and efficient transition.”

While it’s possible that some portion of Machinima’s content library has been archived elsewhere, it seems likely that the bulk of it is gone forever – which YouTuber and streamer Jesse Cox noted was an occupational hazard of working with MCNs.

“My feelings about Machinima and the way they abused good friends of mine aside – it’s still sad to see so much hard work and content lost forever,” he posted to Twitter. “One of the reasons I left MCNs was because they could just flip a switch and remove your videos. My heart goes out to the creators.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom