Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Swigen

Arbiter
I didn’t even play GWENT in Wild Hunt and apparently missed out on a lot of xp? :(

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It makes a big difference mate because of all the added bonuses you get when you have a full set of armour. The more you upgrade the gear, the greater the bonus'.
So I can upgrade my existing gear? I'm not aware of how to do that.

Also, you're telling me there is some kind of set bonus for wearing it all? I'm not aware of that either, I'm currently wearing the whole set and using the swords but there's no indication of additional bonus.

Falksi

Arcane
It makes a big difference mate because of all the added bonuses you get when you have a full set of armour. The more you upgrade the gear, the greater the bonus'.
So I can upgrade my existing gear? I'm not aware of how to do that.

Also, you're telling me there is some kind of set bonus for wearing it all? I'm not aware of that either, I'm currently wearing the whole set and using the swords but there's no indication of additional bonus.

The armor set abilities (Cat / Griffin / Bear School Techniques) perks are:
Light - Each piece of light armor increases critical hit damage by 25% and fast attack damage by 5%.
Medium - Each piece of medium armor increases Sign intensity by 5% and stamina regeneration by 5%.
Heavy - Each piece of heavy armor increases maximum vitality by 5% and strong attack damage by 5%.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said "added" bonus, it's just the bonus you get from the gear itself.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Griffin_Witcher_Gear

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh OK, so I'm looking for new blueprints for Griffin Armor +1, Griffin Armor +2 etc. and there are not set bonuses (except in the DLC), the stuff just works well together. #informative, thanks friends D_X Falksi

JDR13

Arcane
The Witcher gear isn't worth getting imo unless you enjoy being overpowered.

Besides, it's retarded how easy they are to acquire. These supposedly long-lost pieces of ancient gear just happen to have maps pointing to their locations, and those maps just happen to be in the hands of everyday merchants?

I actually wish those had been made optional DLC so I didn't even have to see that in the game.

Quillon

Arcane

Besides, it's retarded how easy they are to acquire. These supposedly long-lost pieces of ancient gear just happen to have maps pointing to their locations, and those maps just happen to be in the hands of everyday merchants?

I actually wish those had been made optional DLC so I didn't even have to see that in the game.

Witcher gear looks good/appropriate, otherwise you're running around, looking like a clown most of the time.

Quillon

Arcane
Witcher gear looks good/appropriate, otherwise you're running around, looking like a clown most of the time.

My bad. I forgot how important it is to be fashion-conscious while slaying monsters.

Yeah its not like we're spending any time in cutscenes and conversations or looking at Geralt at the center of our screen. Game starts and we start swinging our swords at monsters non-stop for 100 hours then it ends.

Zombra

Patron
I enjoy earning my victories ... superior gear preparation is just as valid a way to earn it as as rolling a lot :)

gt your facts straight. You make it sound like you had to obtain map for each piece... in reality once you find a piece, rest mysteriously are marked on your map
That's Witcher Vision for ya!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My bad. I forgot how important it is to be fashion-conscious while slaying monsters.
7285.jpg

But seriously, if you are looking to make your Witcher 3 game difficult, you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. This is an interactive movie with light twitch combat attached.

JDR13

Arcane
But seriously, if you are looking to make your Witcher 3 game difficult, you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. This is an interactive movie with light twitch combat attached.

Don't hate me just because I'm strikingly handsome.

I don't ignore the witcher gear to make the game harder, I ignore it because I hate the lazy and nonsensical way it's implemented.

Swigen

Arbiter
Ya’ll get hung up on the most boring shit. Don’t forget you’re playing a game where you pork sorceresses and investigate whether succubi should be killed for fucking men to death.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ya’ll get hung up on the most boring shit. Don’t forget you’re playing a game where you pork sorceresses and investigate whether succubi should be killed for fucking men to death.
Exactly. It's the ultimate "storyfag" experience, while still maintaining the excuse that it's an RPG.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Reminds me of the founder of Victoria's Secret. He sold the company for $1 million in 1982; by the early 90s, it was worth $1 billion. In 1993, he jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom