Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2018 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

index.php

Arcane
not_this_shit_again-vi.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

If you notice any other games, DLCs or anything else missing from the poll, please post them.

Deleted Member 22431

The 'didn't play' option is exercised by not rating a game at all. I ended up rating maybe 5 games/DLCs total, having snagged several 2018 releases in the Christmas sales.
You know that thing called human nature, right? If people want to increase the chances of winning of their favortie games, they will try to decrease the chances of other games by downvoting them. GOTY is becoming less and less interesting each year.

Deleted Member 22431

V_K this is the definition of a poll you will find in the dictionaries:

A poll is a survey in which people are asked their opinions about something, usually in order to find out how popular something is or what people intend to do in the future.

Now go ahead and hide your head in the sand, since you want to sound so special by doing polls in an "innovative" and "revolutionary" way.

V_K

Arcane
V_K this is the definition of a poll you will find in the dictionaries:

A poll is a survey in which people are asked their opinions about something, usually in order to find out how popular something is or what people intend to do in the future.
Actually, no, I won't find this wording in the dictionaries. At least not in the authoritative ones.
Merriam-Webster:
4a(1): the casting or recording of the votes of a body of persons

(2): a counting of votes cast

b: the place where votes are cast or recorded —usually used in pluralat the polls

c: the period of time during which votes may be cast at an election

d: the total number of votes recordeda heavy poll

5a: a questioning or canvassing of persons selected at random or by quota to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed

b: a record of the information so obtained
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poll

OED:
1often the pollsThe process of voting in an election.

‘the country went to the polls on March 10’

1. 1.1 The number of votes cast in an election.
    ‘the ruling party won 24 seats, narrowly topping the poll’

2. 1.2the pollsThe places where votes are cast in an election.
    ‘the polls have only just closed’

3. 1.3

short for opinion poll
opinion poll

NOUN
  • An assessment of public opinion by questioning a representative sample, especially as the basis for forecasting the results of voting.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/poll
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/opinion_poll

Mark Richard

Arcane
The 'didn't play' option is exercised by not rating a game at all. I ended up rating maybe 5 games/DLCs total, having snagged several 2018 releases in the Christmas sales.
You know that thing called human nature, right? If people want to increase the chances of winning of their favortie games, they will try to decrease the chances of other games by downvoting them. GOTY is becoming less and less interesting each year.
And a 'didn't play' option would decrease the number of these incidents by forcing the user to acknowledge their deception until they're overcome with guilt?

Of course that's not what you're saying, because your post isn't related to mine at all. So why not post your theory independently instead of attaching your tendrils to anyone who happens to pass by.

Geckabor

Savant
Battle Brothers DLC is missing. I think that's quite an important one.

Edit: Has been added now, thanks!

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Im starting to feel like these poll don't really tell us all that much since games are increasingly released in such horrid states that you really only want to play them 6-12 months after release when the bugs are ironed out and the DLCs released. This makes me unable to rate the perhaps most promising releases of the year (KC and Kingmaker) since I have not played either of them yet.

Deleted Member 22431

And a 'didn't play' option would decrease the number of these incidents by forcing the user to acknowledge their deception until they're overcome with guilt?

Of course that's not what you're saying, because your post isn't related to mine at all. So why not post your theory independently instead of attaching your tendrils to anyone who happens to pass by.
It's related to your post. The option would not make a bit of difference because that is not how people behave. People should be allowed to vote in their favorite game, and that's it. Everything else is pretentious nonsense to reinforce Felipepepe political beliefs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meh, of this year's releases it seems I've only seriously played KCD and Deadfire. Voted 4 for KCD and 2 for Deadfire.

Martyr

Arcane
I started the poll, then I realised that I haven't played ANY of them. Not even one.

it's safe to say you've missed nothing of importance.
better versions of those new games already exist.

Kingdom Come ? Daggerfall !
Bugfinder: Patchmaker & Pillows 2 ? Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale !
Bard's Tale 4 ? Wizardry 8 !

ATOM seems nice, but in the end it's "just" a homage to Fallout, so go play Fallout until you've grown tired of it and then play ATOM.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It allows people to downvote games they didn't play. Polls are popularity contests and the genre has limitations, but Felipepepe thinks he can do a poll while pretending is something else.

The votes should be publically visible. When the voting has closed, FelipePepe should spearhead an inquisition where every user who voted is interrogated extensively on whether they actually played the games they marked zero. If the inquisition finds out you've voted on games you haven't played, you're immediately cast into the fiery pits of Hell.

Puteo

Learned
It allows people to downvote games they didn't play. Polls are popularity contests and the genre has limitations, but Felipepepe thinks he can do a poll while pretending is something else.

The votes should be publically visible. When the voting has closed, FelipePepe should spearhead an inquisition where every user who voted is interrogated extensively on whether they actually played the games they marked zero. If the inquisition finds out you've voted on games you haven't played, you're immediately cast into the fiery pits of Hell.

This can be easily simplified by casting anyone who rates ATOM less than a 4 into the pits of hell since they clearly did not play it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom